Tell us your tax rate!!

Are you interested in all taxes or just FIT? Other countries have one or two taxes. We have dozens. A couple of years ago, I checked my phone bill. Including all my taxes, fees, and surcharges, I had to earn $100 to be able to pay $27 for the actual telephone service.

Total taxes paid on your tax forms ÷ total income.

So what kind of scam do you run that you want personal information?

What personal information? Your effective tax rate? Really?

The rate I stated, not federal. Not state. CUMULATIVE.

But I was wrong.

I was low because I had overlooked all those hidden taxes like on phone bills, cable TV and probably two or three more that I don't even want to think about.

Now go back and re-read, this time for comprehension, and factor in another 1-3% for the things I overlooked.

Come back in an hour or so when you've had time to sound the words out and consult Google or similar when you come across one you can't grasp alone.

Phone bills and cable TV aren't taxes.

Are you interested in all taxes or just FIT? Other countries have one or two taxes. We have dozens. A couple of years ago, I checked my phone bill. Including all my taxes, fees, and surcharges, I had to earn $100 to be able to pay $27 for the actual telephone service.

DISHONEST.

You don't get tax forms for the variety of taxes other than state/federal income taxes. You do get tax bills for some. You do get line-items added to things like your phone bill. But you don't fill out forms to pay them. Just checks.

To understand your tax burden you have to know your entire tax burden.

DISHONEST.

You don't get tax forms for the variety of taxes other than state/federal income taxes. You do get tax bills for some. You do get line-items added to things like your phone bill. But you don't fill out forms to pay them. Just checks.

Don't you deduct state and local taxes on your Federal form?

DISHONEST.

For someone with a $165 million portfolio, I'd say that One Per knows his shit about taxes. Or should, anyway.

To honestly figure your tax burden first add up all your income whether from wages, interest, capital gains, etc.

Then add up all the taxes you paid. ALL. That requires looking at every utility bill for the tens of line-item taxes on many of them.

Then apply the outgo against the income.

TAX PAID on income tax forms is after all legal (supposedly) deductions.

If you want to know how much of your own money you're allowed to keep then subtract ALL tax paid from all income. Eat a lot of cheese first 'cause if you don't you're gonna shit your pants.

DISHONEST.

For someone with a $165 million portfolio, I'd say that One Per knows his shit about taxes. Or should, anyway.

Yes he is uber rich. That's why he hangs out on an obscure political forum.

DISHONEST.

Yes he is uber rich. That's why he hangs out on an obscure political forum.

Maybe he's just lonely, like Justin Bieber.

My personal income tax rate fantasy is 10% after one, and only one, $40,000 deduction for all, regardless of income source.

Fair and simple baby! :thup:

To honestly figure your tax burden first add up all your income whether from wages, interest, capital gains, etc.

Then add up all the taxes you paid. ALL. That requires looking at every utility bill for the tens of line-item taxes on many of them.

Then apply the outgo against the income.

TAX PAID on income tax forms is after all legal (supposedly) deductions.

If you want to know how much of your own money you're allowed to keep then subtract ALL tax paid from all income. Eat a lot of cheese first 'cause if you don't you're gonna shit your pants.

So what's your effective tax rate? Or are you afraid your claims of OVER-TAXED will be shown false?

It wasn't meant to be a trick question, HenryBHough, just wonder what you say if around the watercooler, someone to say "Man, Im getting hosed at 28%!" Then you would say, "Man, Im getting hosed at XXX!".

You might have overthought my original question, it wasn't meant to cause any drama. Sorry.

It wasn't meant to be a trick question, HenryBHough, just wonder what you say if around the watercooler, someone to say "Man, Im getting hosed at 28%!" Then you would say, "Man, Im getting hosed at XXX!".

You might have overthought my original question, it wasn't meant to cause any drama. Sorry.

Henry is Canadian so he doesn't count. Caught him writing the Kings English.

Not just an idiot a flaming xenophobic idiot! T'is nay "The King's English" - It's Her Majesty The Queen's English!

Meanwhile, I state my effective tax rate (the actual comparison of total income and amount left after ALL identifiable taxes) very early in the thread. This xenophobe would have to read it to see wot's in it. And he/she/it blood well won't.

Who says there is no such thing as liberal pride?

Not just an idiot a flaming xenophobic idiot! T'is nay "The King's English" - It's Her Majesty The Queen's English!

Meanwhile, I state my effective tax rate (the actual comparison of total income and amount left after ALL identifiable taxes) very early in the thread. This xenophobe would have to read it to see wot's in it. And he/she/it blood well won't.

But you're Canadian, who cares, your opinion is moot.

But you're Canadian, who cares, your opinion is moot.

And thou art Martian, who cares, your farts come from your soot.

Having left California some years ago upon retirement the total tax bite was 47%. Now before you get you liberal knickers in a twist, that included:

Federal Income Tax
Federal Capital Gains Tax (which, capped at 15% lowered the grand percentage total)
State Income Tax
Local Property Tax
County Fire District Property tax
Irrigation district Property tax
Motor vehicle tax
Mandatory "Smog" test fee
State sales tax
Local sales tax

If I also took the effort to figure in stuff like Social Security and self employment taxes (on some of the income) then the percentage would have been somewhat higher.

California - indeed a good place ----- to be FROM.

State Income Tax
Local Property Tax
County Fire District Property tax
Irrigation district Property tax
Motor vehicle tax
State sales tax
Local sales tax
Half of the self employment tax

Are deductible on your Federal return. So let's see some effective tax numbers.

Indeed they are and those were taken into account in preparing the federal return used in calculating the overall percentage loss to taxation.

But you're not getting any more information - I trust you no more than I'd trust ObamaCare's buggy website with stuff that can be used to steal.
Then why take part in this act of public masochism?

Forum List

Back