Tempe police reportedly asked to leave Starbucks

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Borges declined to comment about any disciplinary actions.

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.
I hope I have an opportunity to piss on your grave.

Until then, You might get Trump to pay you to piss on a bed.

How TF is Trump now involved with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he is ignorant without the capacity to think beyond his obsession with Trump. A non-thinker.

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.

Are you saying the president isn't responsible and intimately involved in everything that happens during his presidency?

Lol! That is the most ignorant post in a long times. Thanks for the laugh.

It's not like police would harass anybody at Starbucks, is it?

Lol! Seriously? Go ahead and remain ignorant with your Youtube video. The facts are less than one percent of cops are bad, so enjoy the ignorance and I’ll continue to laugh at your ignorance.

I'm sure all those dead people's family members take comfort in the fact that only some of the cops kill people for no reason.

My wife lost an uncle in a bad shooting in the early 80’s. Good and bad in all people. I’d be worried about a person that hates cops so badly they would ask them to leave a store, in fact I’d be worried how unstable a person is that can’t be around cops! Again, get educated.

I worry about how unstable a person is who would cover for bad cops, or refuses to admit that many cops are bad.

Lol! That is the most ignorant post in a long times. Thanks for the laugh.

It's not like police would harass anybody at Starbucks, is it?

Lol! Seriously? Go ahead and remain ignorant with your Youtube video. The facts are less than one percent of cops are bad, so enjoy the ignorance and I’ll continue to laugh at your ignorance.

I'm sure all those dead people's family members take comfort in the fact that only some of the cops kill people for no reason.

My wife lost an uncle in a bad shooting in the early 80’s. Good and bad in all people. I’d be worried about a person that hates cops so badly they would ask them to leave a store, in fact I’d be worried how unstable a person is that can’t be around cops! Again, get educated.

I worry about how unstable a person is who would cover for bad cops, or refuses to admit that many cops are bad.

If I were as ignorant as you I’d probably worry about it as well.

George Soros owns Starbucks. He is trying to bring it down, to make it look as if Pres.Trump isn't repairing the economy. The cops needs to start getting their cups of coffee from those Asians coffee shops. They don't refuse money.

Viral Post Says Starbucks Wouldn't Let Sergeant in Restroom

Starbucks Refused to Allow a Cop to Use Their Restroom Not Long Ago, So Where's the Rally for Police?

Starbucks Gets Million$ from U.S. Govt., Picks Soros-Funded Group to Lead Anti-Bias Training - Judicial Watch

Target Part Deux: Starbucks Stock Tanks, CEO Says Store Closings To Triple - 2ndVote

You might be scared of the police ... but I guarantee you'll call them with tears in your eyes when you find that intruder in your home at 3am.

And we'll come ... regardless of how you feel about us. Because that's the job we signed up for.

You're welcome.

Yes, it's the job you signed up for. It would be nice if you would do it.

If you find I'm not doing my job ... there are a number of organizations you can contact to complain. You can even call the Chief yourself and make a complaint.

I used to live in an area where my friend was a cop, and the "Chief" was repeatedly threatening women with jail or sexual favors. It was in the papers everyday. He went to trial and won. He's still the Chief, but my friend saw it firsthand. In some small towns complaints don't work.

Because he is ignorant without the capacity to think beyond his obsession with Trump. A non-thinker.

Another 5 years should help. [emoji2957]

Are you saying the president isn't responsible and intimately involved in everything that happens during his presidency?

Yeah

But anyway.., Who in the hell wants to buy any of their products?

Question??? For Starbucks?? I have been informed that you use a flavor enhancer HEK 293 Human Embriotic Kidney (aborted human fetus ) I love your coffee and frequent your shop several times a week. However can you please tell me if this is true, or if you can please STOP because this is morally Wrong. And I can not support any company that supports this:(www.cogforllife.org
Sharon Christine Ellison

Biotech's Fear Factor

upload_2019-7-6_19-46-58.jpeg
upload_2019-7-6_19-50-8.jpeg

Yeah

Yet your hair caught on fire over Obama when some guy in New Mexico decided to try tracking some guns that ended up in cartel hands. Trump had just as much input and control over that bridge as you say Obama did over those guns. Why does Trump get a pass?

Yeah

Yet your hair caught on fire over Obama when some guy in New Mexico decided to try tracking some guns that ended up in cartel hands. Trump had just as much input and control over that bridge as you say Obama did over those guns. Why does Trump get a pass?

You are all over the place here. Maybe time to sleep [emoji42] it off for the night?

A Tempe, Arizona Starbucks is in the news for asking a group of five Police Officers on the 4th of July to “move out of the sight of a customer” or “leave” because – it made that customer feel unsafe to see them.

No, really – this happened. Starbucks Corporate Office is “still gathering information” on the incident. Well, Starbucks needs to apologize to these Officers and make amends for what happened. Maybe they need to close their stores for an afternoon and train all employees how to respect Police Officers! Yes, that’s what they need to do. . . .

(Excerpt) Read more at freedomslighthouse.net

Perhaps response time to ANT Starbucks across the land should drop to 15 minutes ....but then again, our great men and women of our police departments just wouldn't do that...BUT THEY SHOULD!

The barrista is an idiot. They had every right to sit there and drink coffee as the snowflake was in drinking his/her coffee. If he/she was so uncomfortable...they could have left. One vs five. Pahlease.
If I drank starbucks, I would boycott them too. Since I don't spend that horrid amount of money on their horrid tasting coffee...its a mute point. But now everyone in that town knows that place is ripe for robbing, don't they? Damn morons.

A Tempe, Arizona Starbucks is in the news for asking a group of five Police Officers on the 4th of July to “move out of the sight of a customer” or “leave” because – it made that customer feel unsafe to see them.

No, really – this happened. Starbucks Corporate Office is “still gathering information” on the incident. Well, Starbucks needs to apologize to these Officers and make amends for what happened. Maybe they need to close their stores for an afternoon and train all employees how to respect Police Officers! Yes, that’s what they need to do. . . .

(Excerpt) Read more at freedomslighthouse.net

Perhaps response time to ANT Starbucks across the land should drop to 15 minutes ....but then again, our great men and women of our police departments just wouldn't do that...BUT THEY SHOULD!

Curious how this sefl-styled "One America News Network" took an ABC video and superimposed their own narration over it.

What do you suppose they were hiding?

Well, Starbucks needs to apologize to these Officers and make amends for what happened.

I highly doubt that will happen. Remember when two guys in Philly last year, I think? went into Starbucks and they were waiting for a friend. Starbucks closed in May 29th, 2018, just to have a "nationwide meeting".

Starbucks is closing its 8,000-plus company-owned U.S. stores and the corporate offices for the afternoon of May 29, so employees can undergo racial-bias training.

Forum List

Back