Ten Gun Myths and Memes-- Shot Down

Sure I do.

• Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.
Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates...

Just say thank you and move on.

Pogo still thinks guns pull their own triggers.

I hate to point this out, since I actually kinda like you, but that statement is completely wrong.

You have absolutely no evidence that Pogo thinks.

Sure I do.

Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates...

Pogo still thinks guns pull their own triggers.

I hate to point this out, since I actually kinda like you, but that statement is completely wrong.

If he could think he wouldn't insist that him posting that drivel doesn't mean he believes that.

Sure I do.

If he could think he wouldn't insist that him posting that drivel doesn't mean he believes that.

I don't know how life is on Planet Windbag but on this one, when I quote from an article I quote verbatim. In this case ten points and counters were presented, and I quoted them all, verbaitm. In some cases where one of the supporting points was interesting I included it, with an ellipsis to indicate it was not quoted in full. But no, I don't rewrite other people's work.

Thanks for asking. Next week we'll move on to "how verbs work".

Btw the Kangaroo just posted "Myth #2", verbatim. By your logic that means he believes it. But then he posted the counter, which by the same logic means he believes that too.
Ruh roh.

Last edited:
Sure I do.

I don't know how life is on Planet Windbag but on this one, when I quote from an article I quote verbatim. In this case ten points and counters were presented, and I quoted them all, verbaitm. In some cases where one of the supporting points was interesting I included it, with an ellipsis to indicate it was not quoted in full. But no, I don't rewrite other people's work.

Btw the Kangaroo just posted "Myth #2", verbatim. By your logic that means he believes it. But then he posted the counter, which by the same logic means he believes that too.
Ruh roh.

Yet, despite all this mock protestation, you just posted a bogus map you found in another thread that makes it look like guns are killing people.

Interesting.

Ruh roh.

Yet, despite all this mock protestation, you just posted a bogus map you found in another thread that makes it look like guns are killing people.

Interesting.

A "bogus" map? What's "bogus" about it? Alaska is on a different scale? :rofl:

And no Karnac, I didn't "found that in another thread". Where is it?

Ruh roh.

Interesting.

First, guns do not kill people, despite your insistence that they do.

Second, the scale of the circles is way off. They are deliberately making it look worse by increasing the radius by one, which effectively triples the area for each death.

Third, it makes it look like all the deaths are the result of criminal intent or negligence by including all gun related deaths, which includes a few where police have shot criminals and people have defended themselves.

The map is bogus, something anyone who is honest would know. Since you have an agenda, you do not care about honesty.

Last edited:

Interesting.

Second, the scale of the circles is way off. They are deliberately making it look worse by increasing the radius by one, which effectively doubles the area for each death.

Third, it makes it look like all the deaths are the result of criminal intent or negligence by including all gun related deaths, which includes a few where police have shot criminals and people have defended themselves.

The map is bogus, something anyone who is honest would know. Since you have an agenda, you do not care about honesty.

This from a guy who just purported to tell me I brought this map in "from another thread".
And who imagines I write these articles and draw up these maps, like I'm responsible for editing the whole fucking world before I link it.

This from the poster who started this thread.

roflmao.gif

"Should I go on?"

Last edited:

Interesting.

Second, the scale of the circles is way off. They are deliberately making it look worse by increasing the radius by one, which effectively doubles the area for each death.

Maybe guns don't really kill people.

However....................it makes it much easier for people to kill other people. A 30 round clip in a semi automatic weapon is much easier (and quicker) to use to end lives than a knife or a bow and arrow.

Second, the scale of the circles is way off. They are deliberately making it look worse by increasing the radius by one, which effectively triples the area for each death.

However....................it makes it much easier for people to kill other people. A 30 round clip in a semi automatic weapon is much easier (and quicker) to use to end lives than a knife or a bow and arrow.

Easier than flying a plane into a building?

Easier than driving a truck through a crowd?

The map is bogus.

Last edited:

That's the whole point. ^^ Why some insist on getting hung up on semantics eludes me.

Guns don't kill people -- the act of shooting them does.
"Gun control" is useless, because gun is a noun. "Shooting control", now there's an idea.

Last edited:

The map is bogus.

Hey, feel free to post a map of trucks driven through crowds or planes flown into buildings...

The map is bogus.

Easier than flying a plane? Definitely. I used to be allowed to play in the FA-18 simulators over in Cecil Field when I was stationed there.

Easier than driving a truck through a crowd? Also yes as well. You have to think about the gas, the brake (clutch if you're in a standard transmission vehicle), as well as the steering and making sure you point in the right direction and are fast enough to run them down.

All you have to do with a gun is point and squeeze the trigger.

That's the whole point. ^^ Why some insist on getting hung up on semantics eludes me.

So why assault Freedoms of Law abiding citizens instead of going after the mentally ill? That's right... Because it isn't about controlling guns, it's about controlling Law abiding citizens.

This from a guy who just purported to tell me I brought this map in "from another thread".
And who imagines I write these articles and draw up these maps, like I'm responsible for editing the whole fucking world before I link it.

roflmao.gif

"Should I go on?"

You asked how the map was bogus, I told you, now you are, quite obviously, desperate.

How typical.

"Gun control" is useless, because gun is a noun. "Shooting control", now there's an idea.

I thought you did not support gun control, changing your mind? Or just realizing no one is believing your crap?

roflmao.gif

"Should I go on?"

You asked how the map was bogus, I told you, now you are, quite obviously, desperate.

How typical.

I guess the boldface went right over your head. Oh well the stark irony amused me, that will suffice.

The map is bogus.

Hey, feel free to post a map of trucks driven through crowds or planes flown into buildings...

If I posted one of planes flying into buildings over the last 15 years using the exact same scale your bogus map does it would reach from Nevada to Europe.

I thought you did not support gun control, changing your mind? Or just realizing no one is believing your crap?

Correct. I never saw much point in gun control. Guns exist, in huge numbers, and they'll be hoarded and bought and sold and traded regardless what legislation we throw at them. That's why I don't see that approach as realistic.

Last edited:

The map is bogus.

Easier than flying a plane? Definitely. I used to be allowed to play in the FA-18 simulators over in Cecil Field when I was stationed there.

Easier than driving a truck through a crowd? Also yes as well. You have to think about the gas, the brake (clutch if you're in a standard transmission vehicle), as well as the steering and making sure you point in the right direction and are fast enough to run them down.

All you have to do with a gun is point and squeeze the trigger.

You want me to believe you flew a real simulator and think flying a plane into a building is hard? Next thing you will be telling me is that the only purpose of a fully automatic weapon is to kill people.

Wait, you already said that, didn't you?

roflmao.gif

"Should I go on?"

How typical.

I guess the boldface went right over your head. Oh well the stark irony amused me, that will suffice.

The map is bogus, you posted it, just like you posted the bogus OP.

You have an agenda.

Forum List

Back