Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Crappy Insurance

What about my rights to not use part of my tax monies to compensate for losses due to cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill?

OR

Does this opinion of the Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn have more to do with insurance companies ability to make higher profits from crap policies?

Read more at Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Cheap Shoes, Crappy Insurance

She's for choice.

You know, as in more than one choice.

You have choice.

What you don't have is the "right" to rip off your customers.

Right because if you buy a policy with a cap and the cap is reached you are being ripped off.

She's for choice.

You have choice.

When a private company rips off their customers they lose business.

When the government does it the customers have no recourse. They just have to bend over and take it.

Actually, they have a recourse call voting.

And the problem with the customers they lose is that they really don't want those customers back after they get sick...

The business model of an insurance company is to sell as many policies as possible while paying out as few claims as possible. That's how it works.

What about my rights to not use part of my tax monies to compensate for losses due to cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill?

OR

Does this opinion of the Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn have more to do with insurance companies ability to make higher profits from crap policies?

Read more at Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Cheap Shoes, Crappy Insurance

She's for choice.

You have choice.

Who is being ripped off when both sides have the oppportunity to read the insurance contract?

insurance companies average around 5% profit, mutual companies make no profit.

Big pharma makes 35%, software companies make 25%----so who is doing the rip offs?

You have choice.

When the government does it the customers have no recourse. They just have to bend over and take it.

And the problem with the customers they lose is that they really don't want those customers back after they get sick...

The business model of an insurance company is to sell as many policies as possible while paying out as few claims as possible. That's how it works.

Sorry, but voting doesn't always solve it. If you have the electoral system rigged, and the media on the take, voters won't know what the truth is.

who_pays_for_fraud.jpg

Last edited:
You have choice.

do you understand that the insurance industry is regulated in every state? do you understand that "for profit" insurance companies have to rebate excess profits in the form of lower rates or direct rebates? do you understand that mutual insurance companies make no profit?

do you understand that the insurance industry is regulated in every state? do you understand that "for profit" insurance companies have to rebate excess profits in the form of lower rates or direct rebates? do you understand that mutual insurance companies make no profit?

Understanding that collapses their reality.

A Pinto was sold as something it wasn't. Not a good faith transaction.

Insurance is a written contract with full coverage / limit disclosure by law. The consumer knows what he is getting up front.

Apples to oranges.

It was Rep. Marsha Blackburn, the topic of this thread, that made the original comparison to the purchase of a car and health insurance.
What do you mean by "Insurance is a written contract with full coverage...."

Blackburn made the Pinto comparison on cost vs appointments.

The cost vs appointments of an insurance contract is spelled out in the policy.
Does that mean that the policy could be the worst policy in the world and say so in 9 pages of small print it qualifies as "full coverage"?

There are two good things in the ACA
1. insurance companies have to take people with pre-existing conditions
2. no lifetime maximum payouts.

Keep those and throw out the rest.

then let the govt buy policies for the few million that have no coverage

problem solved and trillions of dollars saved.

It was Rep. Marsha Blackburn, the topic of this thread, that made the original comparison to the purchase of a car and health insurance.
What do you mean by "Insurance is a written contract with full coverage...."

Blackburn made the Pinto comparison on cost vs appointments.

The cost vs appointments of an insurance contract is spelled out in the policy.
Does that mean that the policy could be the worst policy in the world and say so in 9 pages of small print it qualifies as "full coverage"?

I have never read 9 pages of small print on an insurance policy and I have known the exact limits of my coverage my entire life.

She's for choice.

You have choice.

Who is being ripped off when both sides have the oppportunity to read the insurance contract?

insurance companies average around 5% profit, mutual companies make no profit.

Big pharma makes 35%, software companies make 25%----so who is doing the rip offs?

I think those figures are misleading.

As far as both sides having a chance to read the contract. The insurance company has a whole team of lawyers to read every aspect of the contract and anticipate every contigency..
vs.

you the consumer, who has to trust the document that they've written serves you.

As far as both sides having a chance to read the contract. The insurance company has a whole team of lawyers to read every aspect of the contract and anticipate every contigency..
vs.

you the consumer, who has to trust the document that they've written serves you.

Joe is such a victim he can't read or understand his coverage.

Like all those people who couldn't understand their ARM mortgages they signed onto.

OR

She's correct.

Obama lied about you being able to keep the insurance you want; even if you're getting the shaft by keeping it.

That is your right as an American.

New Castle United 1, Chelsea 0 in the 68th minute.

There are two good things in the ACA
1. insurance companies have to take people with pre-existing conditions
2. no lifetime maximum payouts.

Keep those and throw out the rest.

then let the govt buy policies for the few million that have no coverage

problem solved and trillions of dollars saved.

The problem is, the rest of those don't work if you don't have an individual mandate.

Otherwise people just buy when they get sick.

Forum List

Back