Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Crappy Insurance

There are two good things in the ACA
1. insurance companies have to take people with pre-existing conditions
2. no lifetime maximum payouts.

Keep those and throw out the rest.

then let the govt buy policies for the few million that have no coverage

problem solved and trillions of dollars saved.

The problem is, the rest of those don't work if you don't have an individual mandate.

Otherwise people just buy when they get sick.

Which is what's going to happen with ACA

-Geaux

As far as both sides having a chance to read the contract. The insurance company has a whole team of lawyers to read every aspect of the contract and anticipate every contigency..
vs.

you the consumer, who has to trust the document that they've written serves you.

Joe is such a victim he can't read or understand his coverage.

Like all those people who couldn't understand their ARM mortgages they signed onto.

Guy, I deal with contracts all day professionally. Contracts ONLY work when everyone involved goes in with honest intent.

And at what income level are you going to set the government policy buying at?

The problem is, the rest of those don't work if you don't have an individual mandate.

How about we let people opt out of the mandate, but we then give the insurance companies an exemption from having to later cover anyone who opted out.

And at what income level are you going to set the government policy buying at?

that would be up to congress. where would you set it?

How about we let people opt out of the mandate, but we then give the insurance companies an exemption from having to later cover anyone who opted out.

are you then going to refuse medical care to a person who opts out because he can't buy insurance and buy food for his family?

What about my rights to not use part of my tax monies to compensate for losses due to cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill?

OR

Does this opinion of the Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn have more to do with insurance companies ability to make higher profits from crap policies?

Read more at Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Cheap Shoes, Crappy Insurance

She's correct.

Obama lied about you being able to keep the insurance you want; even if you're getting the shaft by keeping it.

That is your right as an American.

Why lie about it at all?........ :eusa_whistle:

As far as both sides having a chance to read the contract. The insurance company has a whole team of lawyers to read every aspect of the contract and anticipate every contigency..
vs.

you the consumer, who has to trust the document that they've written serves you.

Like all those people who couldn't understand their ARM mortgages they signed onto.

Guy, I deal with contracts all day professionally. Contracts ONLY work when everyone involved goes in with honest intent.

are you now claiming that insurance companies are inherently dishonest?

ObamaVoterFraudOhio2012.jpg

Gee, another "I'm a victim" post from muddy....grow up.

Well. all kidding aside, if that's true... Houston, we have a problem

-Geaux

Mudwhistle posted it...no danger of it being true.

PlainDealerCuyahogaMap.jpg

-Geaux

Starting next year, you will have a long grace period between purchase and use. So, as always, your prediction is not going to come true.

Um, yeah, actually, I am.

You've obviously never had to fight with one to get an operation. I have. And after it was all said and done, they got my employer to fire me.

Left up to me, we'd go to single payer like Canada, but if we have to deal with the insurance leeches, at least we keep some salt on hand.

What about my rights to not use part of my tax monies to compensate for losses due to cheap insurance that doesn't fully pay the bill?

OR

Does this opinion of the Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn have more to do with insurance companies ability to make higher profits from crap policies?

Read more at Tennessee Rep. Marsha Blackburn Defends Sacred Right To Buy Cheap Shoes, Crappy Insurance

She's correct.

Obama lied about you being able to keep the insurance you want; even if you're getting the shaft by keeping it.

That is your right as an American.

Why lie about it at all?........ :eusa_whistle:

I'd like to think that he believed there would be a grandfather clause in the ACA as to where if you had a policy you liked that didn't meet the minimum requirements of the ACA and only covered bullet removal (for the sake of argument), you could keep it.

But he never said that to the best of my knowledge.

Thus it was a lie.

-Geaux

Starting next year, you will have a long grace period between purchase and use. So, as always, your prediction is not going to come true.

wrong, new ACA policies are effective on 1/1/14. the first premium payment will be due on 1/1/14.

Blackburn made the Pinto comparison on cost vs appointments.

The cost vs appointments of an insurance contract is spelled out in the policy.
Does that mean that the policy could be the worst policy in the world and say so in 9 pages of small print it qualifies as "full coverage"?

I have never read 9 pages of small print on an insurance policy and I have known the exact limits of my coverage my entire life.

What difference does it make how many pages of small print legalese is contained in a policy, and for that matter, what difference does it make that you have the education and intelligence to understand it? Not everyone does. You used the term "full coverage" and I'm asking what that means in the context that you used it. It's not a trick question. It can however be used as a trick term to imply that any written contract for health insurance is somehow "full coverage".

Gee, another "I'm a victim" post from muddy....grow up.

Well. all kidding aside, if that's true... Houston, we have a problem

-Geaux

Mudwhistle posted it...no danger of it being true.

PlainDealerCuyahogaMap.jpg

Sure looks true looking at your map. Nothing but blue in the largest part of the county.
Only place Romney got any votes was in the outlaying areas.
Just sayin.........

Btw, when a district votes 540-0 something is wrong here folks.

Last edited:

This is why you're a laughingstock around here. And the best example of modern American conservatism USMB has to offer

UNITED STATES PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT
Vote for not more than 1
(WITH 1077 OF 1077 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
Stewart Alexander/Alex Mendoza (SOC) . 220 .03
Richard Duncan/Ricky Johnson . . . . 621 .10
Virgil Goode/Jim Clymer (CON). . . . 534 .08
Gary Johnson/James P. Gray (LIB). . . 3,448 .53
Barack Obama/Joe Biden (DEM) . . . . 447,273 69.32
Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan (REP) . . . . 190,660 29.55
Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala (GRE) . . . 1,564 .24
WRITE IN. . . . . . . . . . . 942 .15

http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_bo...62012FinalAmendedofficialResultsbyContest.HTM

You've obviously never had to fight with one to get an operation. I have. And after it was all said and done, they got my employer to fire me.

Left up to me, we'd go to single payer like Canada, but if we have to deal with the insurance leeches, at least we keep some salt on hand.

Told you Joe couldn't understand his coverage.

I don't know about your personal experience. But I will give you two examples that I know of personally.

1. a 35 year old female with no insurance and MS got a double lung transplant at Ochsner hospital and the entire cost was covered by medicaid and private charities

2. a 40 year old male with no insurance and colon cancer got an operation to remove the cancer, install a colostomy, and then reverse the colostomy when he had healed. again, the entire cost was paid by medicaid and private charities.

Canadians are fed up with their socialized single payer medicine and are moving back to privately run clinics and co-ops, or they cross the border into the USA for treatment. The NHS in the UK is a miserable failure, it is bankrupting that nation and providing terrible care.

Forum List

Back