🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Terrorist Mateen On FBI Watch List, But Still Able to Buy Guns - This Must Change

A suspect in a domestic abuse case would have his guns removed automatically but there is no federal venue to keep a freaking suspected terrorist from purchasing firearms because Barry Hussein doesn't want to anger the Islamic jihad community and the freaking Daily News blames the NRA. Convoluted left wing thinking at it's most notorious.

Suspects of domestic abuse do not have their guns automatically removed. Someone has to file a restraining order or file charges against someone in order for the law to get involved.

This Mateen may have been on the FBI watchlist and said things to friends and associates but he had not committed any crime. It sounds like he had no criminal record whatsoever. So in the spirit of the Second Amendment and what you guys want as your personal freedom from federal government intervention in YOUR lives, he was just exercising his prior to actually committing mass murder. Happy now? Ya reap what ya sow.

I'm a huge 2A supporter and agree that if someone is on the "list" they should NOT be able to purchase guns. However there should be some protections put in place to make sure Americans rights are not unduly infringed upon.

You touched on it and I would agree with it. Lets say I'm put on the terror watch list. I should not be notified of it and/or aware of it. However, once I go to purchase a gun or guns I should be rejected, notified and given 7 days to contact the authorities. The will then brief me as to why I am on the list and I can either come in for an interview or surrender my right to purchase a firearms(s). If I agree to an interview and still wish to purchase a firearms(s) I will then be charged another fee for a more thorough back ground check that WILL extend to my family/friends.

So can we do the same if you want to vote?

He was on the FBI's watch list - should have been flagged and not allowed to buy weapons until he had been cleared. I am not saying he would still not have gotten his hands on weapons illegally.... criminals and terrorists do that.

He was ranting constantly at work about having the intention of killing people. Had anyone, like Gilfoy, reported him to the local police he could have been investigated and this might have been stopped. (See something, SAY something.'

There were a LOT of flashing neon signs with this guy that many different people CHOSE not to act upon.

In the end the govt proved it can not protect law-abiding American citizens yet still want to disarm them. WTF?!

Expanding homeland security to detain and interview and render sanctions against American citizens based on assumptions they may commit a crime is pure Joe McCarthy paranoia bullshit, not to mention extraordinarily expensive to the taxpayer

I'm a huge 2A supporter and agree that if someone is on the "list" they should NOT be able to purchase guns. However there should be some protections put in place to make sure Americans rights are not unduly infringed upon.

You touched on it and I would agree with it. Lets say I'm put on the terror watch list. I should not be notified of it and/or aware of it. However, once I go to purchase a gun or guns I should be rejected, notified and given 7 days to contact the authorities. The will then brief me as to why I am on the list and I can either come in for an interview or surrender my right to purchase a firearms(s). If I agree to an interview and still wish to purchase a firearms(s) I will then be charged another fee for a more thorough back ground check that WILL extend to my family/friends.

No, no one has used votes for dubious purposes

A suspect in a domestic abuse case would have his guns removed automatically but there is no federal venue to keep a freaking suspected terrorist from purchasing firearms because Barry Hussein doesn't want to anger the Islamic jihad community and the freaking Daily News blames the NRA. Convoluted left wing thinking at it's most notorious.

Suspects of domestic abuse do not have their guns automatically removed. Someone has to file a restraining order or file charges against someone in order for the law to get involved.

So have a similar filing with a judge and remove this mans rights by designating him an enemy combatant based on his behavior and actions that violate law.

Do you think that joining ISIS is a Constitutional right, or what?

Expanding homeland security to detain and interview and render sanctions against American citizens based on assumptions they may commit a crime is pure Joe McCarthy paranoia bullshit, not to mention extraordinarily expensive to the taxpayer

No, not may commit a crime, but when they join ISIS or make a terrorist threat against people or join any organization at war with the USA they voluntarily in effect give up their rights to due process as an American citizen and become enemy combatants.

WTF does that have to do with preventing them from buying weapons and giving time for LEOS to make an arrest and save lives?

Does saving American lives matter to you at all?

No, no one has used votes for dubious purposes

I beg to disagree. Voting in certain parties and keeping certain people in office for too long can do plenty of harm.

The problem with fees is you can get into the issues we have in NYC, where the fee is designed to discourage people from applying at all.

How about if the check turns up negative, the government owes you 10x the fee you paid, payable in 5 days?

be sure to thank the nra

And the GOP, Repubs who accepted bribes from the NRA and then voted for known and suspected terrorists to have easy access to any gun they want.

And RWNJ traitors who vote for the Repubs.

Why does the right want terrorists, criminals, illegals and the mentally ill to be armed to the teeth?
when did this all happen?

WTF does that have to do with preventing them from buying weapons and giving time for LEOS to make an arrest and save lives?

So why don't we remove the 4th amendment then? After all with no need for search warrants, cops can go and check on anyone they want. While we are at it lets get rid of trials, jury or otherwise. and finally, with no trials, due process can be thrown out the window. And if get get rid of Habeas protections, we can just Nacht and Nebel anyone we suspect of ulterior motives.

be sure to thank the nra
The NRA is all for keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals and terrorists.

The NRA is good for stopping libtards from taking away the guns the rest of us have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO.

This is an Obama Regime FAILURE, not an NRA failure as the NRA is not put in charge of counter terrorism, doofus.
you can't even admit to the truth.

president Obama has warned that he has no mechanism to stop suspected terrorists from purchasing guns and ammo like he has with the 'no-fly' list.

guess why he doesn't have it? the nra and gop
huh, the NRA and GOP did what? There is a list, and why the FBI did nothing is on obama, sorry charlie.

So why don't we remove the 4th amendment then?

The 4th Amendment does not apply to enemy combatants, just like it did not apply to Southern rebels in the Civil War when Lincoln freed all their slaves.

So why don't we remove the 4th amendment then?

The 4th Amendment does not apply to enemy combatants, just like it did not apply to Southern rebels in the Civil War when Lincoln freed all their slaves.

Again, how would you declare this guy an enemy combatant?

be sure to thank the nra
The NRA is all for keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals and terrorists.

The NRA is good for stopping libtards from taking away the guns the rest of us have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO.

This is an Obama Regime FAILURE, not an NRA failure as the NRA is not put in charge of counter terrorism, doofus.
you can't even admit to the truth.

president Obama has warned that he has no mechanism to stop suspected terrorists from purchasing guns and ammo like he has with the 'no-fly' list.

guess why he doesn't have it? the nra and gop

Because we have a respect for this thing called "due process", try to look it up.

Due process rights do not extend to terrorists or enemy combatants.

Until they know he plans s terrorist attack or that he actually IS an enemy combatant, they do have due process rights. After the attack they are usually dead.
except for the three times the dude was questioned by the FBI. How flippin tragic can this be. And, what happened to the bouncers at the nightclub, dude just walks in? WOW

Forum List

Back