Texans and their gun fetish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMW2014-02-26colorlowres.jpg

Good God. Talk about hyperbole city! IF I owned a gun, do you believe I would murder people with it?

Uh -- what?

Who mentioned you?

89.gif

No one has yet assplained why a gun fetish is a bad thing.

:cool-45:

Pretty much the same reason any fetish is -- that it's a psychotic obsession -- except in this case the fetish object is deadly.

It's like, you know, if you had a hobby of keeping tigers. Or alligators. Or nuclear waste. Or perhaps being a mosquito breeder. You know, a developer of anthrax. That sort of thing.
It's odd then how so many people with large gun collections never commit any crimes at all.

Non sequitur.

Nothing was said about "volume". The poster asked for an explanation of "why a gun fetish is a bad thing".
So I gave him one.

Observation of a measurable fact:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

AMENDMENT II
Are you making an objective statement or are you implying an emotional one ?
In the context of this thread and your stated position on the subject it has to be the latter.
Perhaps you're confused again. It's you Leftards who think of sex organs every time guns are discussed. Your twisted sex fantasies have nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
wtf are you talking about ?
emotion does not always equate to sex .
who's dense again?
your buddy brynmr made an emotional appeal about the second amendment which btw is an emotional piece of written just as the rest of the constitution .
may you should stfu up when words and ideas get to complicated for your empty head to understand,
How is quoting the 2nd Amendment an emotional appeal, skid?
Because as with the rest of the Constitution, the Second Amendment exists solely in the context of its case law.

Your subjective opinion as to what the Amendment means is thankfully irrelevant.

Try quoting its case law instead.

Observation of a measurable fact:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

AMENDMENT II
Are you making an objective statement or are you implying an emotional one ?
In the context of this thread and your stated position on the subject it has to be the latter.
Perhaps you're confused again. It's you Leftards who think of sex organs every time guns are discussed. Your twisted sex fantasies have nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
wtf are you talking about ?
emotion does not always equate to sex .
who's dense again?
your buddy brynmr made an emotional appeal about the second amendment which btw is an emotional piece of written just as the rest of the constitution .
may you should stfu up when words and ideas get to complicated for your empty head to understand,
How is quoting the 2nd Amendment an emotional appeal, skid?
Because as with the rest of the Constitution, the Second Amendment exists solely in the context of its case law.

Your subjective opinion as to what the Amendment means is thankfully irrelevant.

Try quoting its case law instead.
Bullshit. The Constitution was never made subject to mythical beasts like "case law". Since your smitten by such a superstition, you must believe that slavery and Japanese internment are constitutional and that black people only represent 3/5ths of white people.

Bullshit. The Constitution was never made subject to mythical beasts like "case law". Since your smitten by such a superstition, you must believe that slavery and Japanese internment are constitutional and that black people only represent 3/5ths of white people.

Case Law is a term given for a body of precedence in the interpretation of law in new cases that no one anticipated yet.

For example, does the First Amendment apply to the states as well as the Federal government? For the longest time the SCOTUS and most jurists thought it did not, but over time more judges realized that the 14th amendments guaranteed of 'due process' for all citizens had to also include the Bill of Rights as well, even though the early union had violations of them, like many states had official state sponsored churches that violated the first Amendment.

Once the phrase Due Process was defined in the laws, the case law that evolved as the Congressionally passed laws had to be applied to new situations, t his became part of the growing body of laws based on precedent by previous courts. This is Case Law and unless there is a ruling about something being unconstitutional held up by the SCOTUS, Congress can just pass another law that clarifies its meaning and any problems with the applicable case law is then fixed.

SCOTUS rulings that declare something to be Constitutional or not require a Constitutional Amendment to change or clarify.

"Fetishes" and "rights" have zero to do with each other. A "right" is a legal term; a "fetish" is an emotional one.

Clearly you can have a "fetish" you don't have a right to, and certainly we all have "rights" that aren't "fetishes".
Nice argument...and one that applies directly to the OP.

Do you have a problem that the owner(s) of the bingo hall legally had a gun collection locked in their basement?

"Fetishes" and "rights" have zero to do with each other. A "right" is a legal term; a "fetish" is an emotional one.

Clearly you can have a "fetish" you don't have a right to, and certainly we all have "rights" that aren't "fetishes".

Do you have a problem that the owner(s) of the bingo hall legally had a gun collection locked in their basement?

:dunno: I didn't even read the article. That's not what I'm here for.

This just illustrates all too well how crazy this country has gotten with their guns and their Second Amendment rights and the abuse of that right.

Police raid bingo hall in Houston and find 100 guns stashed away

I don't see what these people did wrong based on that article
Agreed, at least about the guns. The article alluded to a money-laundering operation, but didn't go into details. The bingo hall and gun collection (along with ammo) all seemed legal.

No worries.
You are free to be half-baked just like the Houston bingo hall owners are free to exercise their gun rights.

No worries.
You are free to be half-baked just like the Houston bingo hall owners are free to exercise their gun rights.

Again ---- I have no position on the Houston Bingo Bozos. It's not what I'm here for. It never was.

Case Law is a term given for a body of precedence in the interpretation of law in new cases that no one anticipated yet.

For example, does the First Amendment apply to the states as well as the Federal government? For the longest time the SCOTUS and most jurists thought it did not, but over time more judges realized that the 14th amendments guaranteed of 'due process' for all citizens had to also include the Bill of Rights as well, even though the early union had violations of them, like many states had official state sponsored churches that violated the first Amendment.

Once the phrase Due Process was defined in the laws, the case law that evolved as the Congressionally passed laws had to be applied to new situations, t his became part of the growing body of laws based on precedent by previous courts. This is Case Law and unless there is a ruling about something being unconstitutional held up by the SCOTUS, Congress can just pass another law that clarifies its meaning and any problems with the applicable case law is then fixed.

SCOTUS rulings that declare something to be Constitutional or not require a Constitutional Amendment to change or clarify.
I know what case law is, I just reject the notion that the clear meaning of the Constitution can be undermined or even outright contradicted by court decisions and that case law can even overrule the Constitution.

That's what fukstick is trying to argue.

Again ---- I have no position on the Houston Bingo Bozos. It's not what I'm here for. It never was.
Again ---- you are free to be half-baked and/or troll as much as you like. I'm free to call you on it. Have a really nice fucking day, eh? ;)

Good God. Talk about hyperbole city! IF I owned a gun, do you believe I would murder people with it?
Yes, I do. You pretty much convinced a lot of people you would.

I doubt she would "murder" anyone with it as that implies illegality.

Killing scum is not illegal.
Based on another thread where she said repeatedly that she would kill people based on what they might do.
Sure it wasnt just hyperbole mixed with a streak of stubbornness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back