Texas begins replacing paved roads with gravel

God forbid the oil companies should contribute to fixing the roads they ruined. <My comment

Texas begins replacing paved roads with gravel due to lack of funding | The Raw Story

The oil and gas boom in Texas has produced an unintended effect: The state plans to covert some roads to gravel to save money.

The oversized vehicles and overweight loads used by energy companies has had a devastating impact on many roads, but the state has not appropriated enough money to fix them.

The Texas Department of Transportation began converting more than 80 miles of paved roads to gravel on Monday, according to the Texas Tribune. The speed limit on the new gravel roads will be reduced to 30 mph.

Texas lawmakers approved $225 million for the repair of roadways and bridges within the state highway system this year. Texas lawmakers also approved a ballot measure that would provide $1.2 billion a year for state transportation projects. If approved by voters in 2014, the measure would divert money from the state’s rainy day fund to the state highway fund.
<more>

You gotta love it.

This is a prime example of a private enterprise using and destroying public infrastructure while keeping all the profits.

And the public gets to pay.

God forbid the oil companies should contribute to fixing the roads they ruined. <My comment

Texas begins replacing paved roads with gravel due to lack of funding | The Raw Story

The oil and gas boom in Texas has produced an unintended effect: The state plans to covert some roads to gravel to save money.

The oversized vehicles and overweight loads used by energy companies has had a devastating impact on many roads, but the state has not appropriated enough money to fix them.

The Texas Department of Transportation began converting more than 80 miles of paved roads to gravel on Monday, according to the Texas Tribune. The speed limit on the new gravel roads will be reduced to 30 mph.

Texas lawmakers approved $225 million for the repair of roadways and bridges within the state highway system this year. Texas lawmakers also approved a ballot measure that would provide $1.2 billion a year for state transportation projects. If approved by voters in 2014, the measure would divert money from the state’s rainy day fund to the state highway fund.
<more>

I'm old enough to remember when a lot of back roads were gravel...

when the big push to pave all roads began in the 60's, I remember thinkin' that it didn't seem to make sense to pave those lightly-used roads...

makes perfect sense to me to now let some of 'em revert back to gravel...

Yes.."perfect" sense.

The speed limit is being brought down to 30 mph. And Gravel has a tendency to chew up motor vehicles.

As per usual..the greedy fucks in the oil industry are pennywise and pound foolish.

The US is still more productive with it's shitty infrastructure.

You'd have to be a complete nutter to try to emulate places like China, much less any economy of Europe.

Because China's roads suck huh?

20070311_bjroads.jpg

0011432109fb09b046e61c.gif

China is building cities that no one is actually living in.

Nuff said...

Which city would that be?

I was in Shanghai a couple years back.

Looked pretty full.

<more>

With more than 300,000 miles of roads, you want to bitch about 80 miles?

<more>

when the big push to pave all roads began in the 60's, I remember thinkin' that it didn't seem to make sense to pave those lightly-used roads...

Yes.."perfect" sense.

The speed limit is being brought down to 30 mph. And Gravel has a tendency to chew up motor vehicles.

As per usual..the greedy fucks in the oil industry are pennywise and pound foolish.

Does this have any effect on you ? Didn't think so...

The US is still more productive with it's shitty infrastructure.

You'd have to be a complete nutter to try to emulate places like China, much less any economy of Europe.
Yes, support big business and let the middle class deteriorate. Welcome to the USA, banana republic.

The middle class is deteriorating, but only because it's moving to the upper class, not the lower class.

I fail to see where your gravel roads argument falls into this. If anything, Big Business needs roads just as much any citizen. Maybe more.

There are gravel roads throughout the agricultural areas also, because of the truck traffic. It's not that big a deal.

I prefer living in a state more frugal with it's infrastructure maintenance funding.

Yes.."perfect" sense.

As usual, swallow doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

I live on a gravel road. My car has suffered naught from the 3 years I've been driving on it.

<more>

Yes.."perfect" sense.

When the left has to resort to make-believe to feign outrage then I know our State is on the right track.

Yes.."perfect" sense.

Actually it will.

Eventually the oil industry will start bitching about the roads and they will have to be paved. That will come from taxes that aren't paid for by the oil industry which gets be subsidies from our government.

Who will pay?

The American tax payer.

And not the oil companies.

holy cow, now we are suppose to all get our panties in a bunch what states are doing..

just like what a state and their rodeo clowns do

some people just have a need to poke their noses into everything and it gives them a reason to BITCH over something gawd knows what

holy cow, now we are suppose to all get our panties in a bunch what states are doing..

some people just have a need to poke their noses into everything

Except into federal scandals while a moonbat is in office. They'll deflect anything their messiah could be tainted with, but gravel roads in a state they hate? We need congressional hearings!!!

Yes.."perfect" sense.

As usual, swallow doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

I live on a gravel road. My car has suffered naught from the 3 years I've been driving on it.

That's because you bought your car from Fred Flintstone, PeterEater..

The Flintstones' Car - Top 10 Fictional Cars - TIME

some people just have a need to poke their noses into everything and it gives them a reason to BITCH over something gawd knows what

A sure sign that all is not right with the left.

some people just have a need to poke their noses into everything

Except into federal scandals while a moonbat is in office. They'll deflect anything their messiah could be tainted with, but gravel roads in a state they hate? We need congressional hearings!!!

I've never seen so much petty in my life

Hey, how about DETROIT

whoowheeeeeeee, run into bankruptcy by their elected leaders, DEMOCRATS with help from the UNIONS

Hey, how about DETROIT

whoowheeeeeeee, run into bankruptcy by their elected leaders, DEMOCRATS with help from the UNIONS

Yeah, that slipped my mind. They're "allowing nature to reclaim Detroit". Never mind gravel roads, the bed wetters are destroying entire cities with their asinine policies.

:dig:

Forum List

Back