Texas denies anchor babies birth certificates

The 14th amendment didn't apply to Indians or children of foreign ambassadors in 1870....

It didn't apply to slaves in 1850, either.

But that was found to be unconstitutional.

Please stahp being stoopid.

There has not been a court case that says other wise to challenge an illegal born baby

There has not been a court case determining that any child- born of parents in the United States illegally- was not born a U.S. citizen.

As I said, good luck, you'll need it.

Nope the taxpayers of America will need it.

Try again.
You'll never get it passed. And these big bills you think you are paying, aren't...

WOW some crystal ball you have there. And where do you get I'll never get it passed??
Because it matters very little, and when we finally do the obvious, and grant blanket citizenship, again, this issue dies. You aren't going to be deporting them, and the anchor baby concept is a loser that the court ruled on more than 100 years ago. Your side lost.

LMAO So you think a hundred year old decision can't be reversed?? If its found to be a law which its never been.

Sure- any Supreme Court decision 'can' be reversed.

It is just very unlikely to be reversed

If you don't like the 14th Amendment as it reads, then amend the Constitution.

Seems like this is becoming a big issue now, can it be because of the demographic shift and the browning of America? :eusa_whistle:

Try again.
You'll never get it passed. And these big bills you think you are paying, aren't...

WOW some crystal ball you have there. And where do you get I'll never get it passed??
Because it matters very little, and when we finally do the obvious, and grant blanket citizenship, again, this issue dies. You aren't going to be deporting them, and the anchor baby concept is a loser that the court ruled on more than 100 years ago. Your side lost.

LMAO So you think a hundred year old decision can't be reversed?? If its found to be a law which its never been.

Oh and blanket citizenship?? The obvious?? Boy are you an narcissistic idiot.

Oh and of course the parents of the kids will want to leave them in America when they get deported??

It's not a side that's losing. Its the taxpayers of America.
on what grounds would you reverse it? which part of the 14th amendment do children of illegals not meet to somehow claim they aren't citizens?

The 14th amendment didn't apply to Indians or children of foreign ambassadors in 1870....

It didn't apply to slaves in 1850, either.

But that was found to be unconstitutional.

Please stahp being stoopid.

You are showing your ignorance the 14th amendment only applied to slaves.....

There has not been a court case that says other wise to challenge an illegal born baby

Fact: As noted above, requiring that one parent be a legal permanent resident, “subject to the jurisdiction thereof,” is exactly what the 14th Amendment means. No case law has ever determined this to mean anything else. In Elk v. Wilkins 112 U.S. 94 (1884), the Court denied a bid for citizenship from an individual who was born on an Indian Reservation and moved to non-reservation territory in the U.S. Law Professor John Eastman has an impressive and concise analysis of the case law on the citizenship clause and proves incontrovertibly that any limitation on birthright citizenship (such as requiring that one parent be a permanent resident) would not need be enacted through a constitutional amendment - See more at: Conservative Review - Fixing the Birthright Citizenship Loophole: Myth vs Fact
I would like to see nativists explain how an illegal immigrant is not subject to US jurisdiction and can still be illegal. How can they be arrested and deported if we have no jurisdiction over them?

Perhaps after the nativists comprehend this idiotic legal pretzel they have gotten themselves into, they will realize that illegals, by definition, are under US jurisdiction, and therefore children born to them here are US citizens.

Try again.

Every time we do that it brings in even more.
It gives others the incentive to do the same thing.
Capitalism respects no borders. Now you know. It's too late for you to stop the little brown baby invasion regardless. Welcome to the minority, whitey...

Last edited:
Texas Denies Birth Certificates to Children of Immigrants

Good job Texas! Leading the nation in common sense once again!
I haven't read through this thread, but would it be safe to assume that the intent here is to have this end up with the SC?

I'm wondering why the Governors of the States or the Attorney General haven't gotten this to the SC already.

I can imagine how much taxpayer money the States and the Fed Govt. are putting out for social services to the illegals in this country.
that has nothing to do with their citizen children

Yes, states being unconstitutional, great idea...

You must have missed this part.

the link...
"But local officials, which issue birth certificates registered by the Texas Department of State Health Services Vital Statistics Unit, told the women they would no longer accept either the matricula consular, which is a photo ID issued by the Mexican Consulate to Mexican nationals living in the U.S., or a foreign passport without a current U.S. visa. Undocumented Central American women are also being turned away because they only have a passport without a U.S. visa. “They are locking out a huge chunk of the undocumented immigrant community,” says Harbury"

Guess you need a visa. If you're an illegal you won't have one.
If the baby was born here, it's American. Deal with it, the Supreme Court did, more than 100 years ago.
Cite the court case?

125 years ago they said Indians are American citizens under the 14th but not illegal newborns

Also one hundred and twenty five years ago there were no illegals. I think the courts will look at it differently today.

Why would you think that when the court as recently as 1985 recognized that a child born to illegal aliens was a U.S. citizen?

INS v. Rios-Pineda 471 U.S. 444 (1985)
By that time, respondent wife [an undocumented alien] had given birth to a child, who, born in the United States, was a citizen of this country.

Texas Denies Birth Certificates to Children of Immigrants

Good job Texas! Leading the nation in common sense once again!
I haven't read through this thread, but would it be safe to assume that the intent here is to have this end up with the SC?

I'm wondering why the Governors of the States or the Attorney General haven't gotten this to the SC already.

I can imagine how much taxpayer money the States and the Fed Govt. are putting out for social services to the illegals in this country.
that has nothing to do with their citizen children
They cannot see the forest for the trees, of course. They just want all the beaners, American or not, to hit the long winding taco-road headed south.

Try again.

Capitalism respects no borders. Now you know. it's too late for you to stop the little brown baby invasion regardless. Welcome to the minority, whitey...

You really don't live in the real world at all spouting nonsense like that.

Except that's completely unconstitutional.

Funny how once upon a few years ago the wingnuts all claimed that they were going to protect the Constitution.

Lying idiots.
From the link...
"But local officials, which issue birth certificates registered by the Texas Department of State Health Services Vital Statistics Unit, told the women they would no longer accept either the matricula consular, which is a photo ID issued by the Mexican Consulate to Mexican nationals living in the U.S., or a foreign passport without a current U.S. visa. Undocumented Central American women are also being turned away because they only have a passport without a U.S. visa. “They are locking out a huge chunk of the undocumented immigrant community,” says Harbury"

So the "mother is not able to show PROOF she is legally able to be there. And legal proof of citizenship IS required to register the child. Texas is correct.
Are you quoting a court decision, or are you quoting your butt hole?

Capitalism respects no borders. Now you know. it's too late for you to stop the little brown baby invasion regardless. Welcome to the minority, whitey...

None of that is nonsense, unfortunately.

White 77.7%
Hispanic, Latino 17.1%
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

White 77.7%
Hispanic, Latino 17.1%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 62.6%.

And we know who is making babies, and it ain't whitey...

So Texas will spend millions of tax dollars trying to defend a policy that has no chance of being upheld in court. Sounds about par for the course for that place.

To bad every State doesn't follow Texas.

The constitution is everything, we must follow the constitution.

Can't get rid of guns, it's unconstitutional.

But we can get rid of US born even though it's unconstitutional. We can also stop gays getting married, stuff the constitution.
So you oppose Obama's amnesty scheme?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

To bad every State doesn't follow Texas.

The constitution is everything, we must follow the constitution.

Can't get rid of guns, it's unconstitutional.

But we can get rid of US born even though it's unconstitutional. We can also stop gays getting married, stuff the constitution.
So you oppose Obama's amnesty scheme?

Yes, states being unconstitutional, great idea...

You must have missed this part.

the link...

Guess you need a visa. If you're an illegal you won't have one.
If the baby was born here, it's American. Deal with it, the Supreme Court did, more than 100 years ago.
Cite the court case?

125 years ago they said Indians are American citizens under the 14th but not illegal newborns
United States v. Wong Kim Ark
In the case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898), the Supreme Court ruled that a person who

• is born in the United States
  • of parents who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of a foreign power
  • whose parents have a permanent domicile and residence in the United States
  • whose parents are there carrying on business and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity of the foreign power to which they are subject
becomes, at the time of his birth, a citizen of the United States by virtue of the first clause of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
Birthright citizenship in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The parents both had legal visas. They wren't illegals.

White 77.7%
Hispanic, Latino 17.1%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 62.6%.

And we know who is making babies, and it ain't whitey...

It is still a ways to go with only 17.1% over 62.6%
Look at how large white families are being attacked.
You are being used as pawns by the media and the lefties.
Divide and conquer - not for the good of our Nation.

Forum List

Back