Texas GOP releases statement on SCOTUS decision

I never was able to complete my law degree and I take great offence to the state AG who is ignorant of just how the Constitution works along with state control of elections....
The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations
Let me help you out, counselor. When the "Manner" is done unconstitutionally, per the states constitution, as was the case in Pa (maybe Ca and Mich as well)- then it is illegal- period.

BTW, the link posted by the OP wouldn't work for me, but, I have to ask; what authority does the texasGOP.org have?

Unconstitutionally....according to who? Remember, these issues were already adjudicated by the State judiciaries. No such violations were ever found.

Boz Scaggs release his Silk Degrees album in February 1976. Excerpt from 2nd song on side 2:

So why pretend
This is the end
You'll have to find out for yourself
Go on ask somebody else

Why can't you just get it through your head
It's over
It's over now
Yes you heard me clearly now I said
It's over
It's over now

I never was able to complete my law degree and I take great offence to the state AG who is ignorant of just how the Constitution works along with state control of elections....
The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations
Let me help you out, counselor. When the "Manner" is done unconstitutionally, per the states constitution, as was the case in Pa (maybe Ca and Mich as well)- then it is illegal- period.

BTW, the link posted by the OP wouldn't work for me, but, I have to ask; what authority does the texasGOP.org have?
This link is good. From it you will have to click on which article.

YES YES YES! I am ready to pack and move because I know damn well my spineless coward of a governor would sit on his ass and do nothing!

A Republic no longer!
When it is over........unless some people take up arms.....we will continue our slide and then a second republic will be born hopefully. Back then the French helped us against Britain. Who will now? In the word of support. That means a lot.
Dude it IS over.

Crawl back under your rock

This is NOT over by a long shot.

It's not over til' is over!

Bless Trump! Bless all Patriots!:up:
Is everything corrupt, even all the way up to the Supreme Court of the United States of America now ?? Are they intimidated that bad by the left ?? What the heck is wrong in giving justice a chance ? What's wrong with hearing the case ?? We as citizen's should demand that the levers of justice work, and that those levers are functioning correctly.

We are seeing this nation destroyed right before our very eyes, and seemingly our representatives are on the take or have gone corrupt on us. What a shame it all is, and now true Americans are going to have to decide if they want to lay down in the garbage dump with the Democrat's or not.
lol. delicious trumptard tears. you have no understanding of your political and legal system. it's adorable.

This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the US constitution and not be held accountable.

The US Constitution has no provisions for how states run an election.

The Elections Clause is the primary source of constitutional authority to regulate elections for the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations. It grants each level of government the authority to enact a complete code for such elections, including rules concerning public notices, voter registration, voter protection, fraud prevention, vote counting, and determination of election results. Whenever a state enacts a law relating to a congressional election, it is exercising power under the Elections Clause; states do not have any inherent authority to enact such measures.

All you have to do to offend you is being a Republican

Rod and I are in agreement with Allen West's statement. If SCOTUS is worried about threats being directed towards them or their family members maybe they shouldn't be on the bench. Citizens in America today have those same concerns but no one including SCOTUS apparently cares. The above posts show how ridiculous the leftist are.

Austin, TX, Release: December 11, 2020. For Immediate Release

Below is Chairman Allen West’s statement regarding the decision by the Supreme Court to dismiss Texas’ constitutionally legitimate and critical lawsuit.

“The Supreme Court, in tossing the Texas lawsuit that was joined by seventeen states and 106 US congressman, has decreed that a state can take unconstitutional actions and violate its own election law. Resulting in damaging effects on other states that abide by the law, while the guilty state suffers no consequences. This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the US constitution and not be held accountable. This decision will have far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic. Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution.”

The Texas GOP will always stand for the Constitution and for the rule of law even while others don’t.

It's time to turn our eyes toward Texas and figure out whether this state's government is spending public funds for the good of the citizens of Texas or whether abbott, paxton, and their ilk are spending Texans' funds solely for the benefit of the Republican Party. The citizens of Texas and the Republican Party are not the same things. Will the costs of paxton's bringing this lawsuit and the time that he spent on it be borne by the trump campaign organization or by the state's citizens?

The Supreme Court has made a strong majority decision, it was a 7-2 decision, Alioto and Thomas dissenting.

It is time to drop further attempts to pursue any more legal avenues, they have had their run of numerous lawsuits.

I will accept Biden as the new President of the United States, he was the wrong choice in my opinion, but he is the President elect nevertheless.

Thank you

SHUT UP!

This kind of talk is destructive, it is time to let it go.

The legal run is over!
So? When the sum of the whole isn't greater than it's parts... It's time to let it go. I have no faith in our electoral process.

SHUT UP!

This kind of talk is destructive, it is time to let it go.

The legal run is over!
So? When the sum of the whole isn't greater than it's parts... It's time to let it go. I have no faith in our electoral process.

No, you have no faith in the legal process, which the Trump Team had many, many opportunities to make their case, they failed ALL of them in a number of places, with some who are conservative judicial appointees, even one chosen by Trump himself.

SCOTUS went 9-0 on rejecting the case based in what Texas posted, that means it is a massive NO!

It is time to go on, no more legal options left to pursue, it is time to let the transition process take place.

Forum List

Back