Texas Police Attack Children At Pool Party

They must have passed that law when I wasn't looking.

"Article 56.8. Impoliteness. Failure to be polite to an officer of the law is punishable by a term of not less than one year, and not more than five years. Aggravated impoliteness shall be punished by a term of not less than seven years, and more than ten years."
Please spare me the labors or research and point me to the link where "Article 56.8." resides.

Thank you.

Here's what you posted -- yet again:

Now there's only two possible things you can mean here:
EITHER "cops are above the law and can do whatever the fuck they want, including assault"
OR
"cops are not above the law but will ignore it and go apeshit whenever the fuck they want".

If you're not saying the first, then you must be saying the second, and are sitting here arguing with people you already agree with.

Which is kinda fucked up.

Funny how you leftist like to take shit out of context, you seem to have forgotten to include this part.

"If you want to bitch and complain, do it to his superiors after the fact, but comply and be polite."

You want to resist police commands, feel free to do so, but don't be surprised if they bitch slap you.

It's a damned shame that an adult can't understand that police must get control of any situation they are called to and after control is established, then and only then can they start to sort thing out. But that control is necessary to ensure the safety of everyone involved.

So now you're back to "the police can do whatever the fuck they want". Which is what I said the first time.

spincyclecoinlaundrylogofinal-300x188.jpg

emot-munch.gif

When there is no one around to stop you, you can do anything you want, but cops, like you, will eventually answer for their actions. I think you need to grow up and tune into reality.

That's what this thread did starting at post number one. Perhaps it's time to catch up.

Or perhaps not.

No this thread was started by second guessing the actions of an office who was trying to get control of a situation, no one on this board who hasn't worn the uniform and been in the situation are qualified to do that. And evidently pointing out that fact is an unforgivable sin.

BTW, the folks on this board who have worn the uniform tend to agree with me.

This is the internet dood. ALL of us have "worn the uniform". We're also Supreme Court Judges, expert attorneys, leading brain surgeons and the Pope. Appeal to Authority Fallacy dismissed. :eusa_hand:

And regardless, neither Casebolt's own chief, nor the other 11 cops on the scen -- NOR CASEBOLT HIMSELF -- the guys in real life with uniforms -- agree with you. He has acknowledged he was in the wrong -- why can't you?

It's worth bringing this point up again since you prolly missed it last time --

If this country were attacked by the nation of Generica and Generica won the war and was now patrolling the streets with an occupying military force, would you be out there Quislinging for them?

-- Because that's exactly what this paramilitary mentality police disease is doing. There's no difference except they don't represent the nation of Generica. They represent the Nation of Testosterone.

Police are supposed to be public servants -- not your fucking daddy who delivers regular whippings.

>> The two officers in this brief video represent two different policing styles, two different mindsets that officers use as they interact with civilians: the Guardian and the Warrior. As a former police officer and current policing scholar, I know that an officer’s mindset has tremendous impact on police/civilian encounters. I’ve described the Guardian and Warrior mindsets at some length here and here; for now, suffice to say that the right mindset can de-escalate tense situations, induce compliance, and increase community trust over the long-term. The kids interacting with the first officer were excited, but not upset; they remained cooperative. Had they gone home at that moment, they’d have a story for their friends and family, but it would be a story that happened to have the police in it rather than being a story about the police.

The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force.

Although the short video does not provide a complete picture of the scene, it appears likely that force in this case could have been avoided. Consider how Corporal Casebolt took issue with the way a group of girls standing on the sidewalk some distance away were “running their mouths,” so he yelled at them: “Leave!” and “Get your ass gone!” As one bikini-clad girl, 15-year-old Dajerria Becton, did exactly that, Corporal Casebolt stopped her—possibly after some verbal exchange not captured by the camera—and wrestled her to the ground. When quickly approached by two young men who appear unhappy with his treatment of Becton, he unholstered his firearm almost two seconds after those two young men began backing away from him. About ten seconds later, as Becton continued to sit on the ground where he left her, Corporal Casebolt again grabbed her and forced her down, pushing her face into the ground and planting a knee in her back as she cried. The kids now have a story about an officer, and it may well be one that sours their faith in police for years to come.

What should officers do in similar situations? For starters, they must realize that the public—even a group of non-compliant teenagers—are not an enemy to be vanquished, but civilians to be protected, to the extent possible, from indignity and harm. A Guardian mindset encourages officers to be “procedurally just,” to ensure that their encounters with civilians are empowering, fair, respectful and considerate. Research of police and military encounters strongly suggests that officers are most effective at fostering goodwill and reducing antagonism when they approach each encounter with the goal of building civilian trust. << ---- What Went Wrong in McKinney
Oh, that's by a guy who "wore the uniform" btw.

Last edited:
Here's what you posted -- yet again:

Now there's only two possible things you can mean here:
EITHER "cops are above the law and can do whatever the fuck they want, including assault"
OR
"cops are not above the law but will ignore it and go apeshit whenever the fuck they want".

If you're not saying the first, then you must be saying the second, and are sitting here arguing with people you already agree with.

Which is kinda fucked up.

Funny how you leftist like to take shit out of context, you seem to have forgotten to include this part.

"If you want to bitch and complain, do it to his superiors after the fact, but comply and be polite."

You want to resist police commands, feel free to do so, but don't be surprised if they bitch slap you.

It's a damned shame that an adult can't understand that police must get control of any situation they are called to and after control is established, then and only then can they start to sort thing out. But that control is necessary to ensure the safety of everyone involved.

So now you're back to "the police can do whatever the fuck they want". Which is what I said the first time.

emot-munch.gif

When there is no one around to stop you, you can do anything you want, but cops, like you, will eventually answer for their actions. I think you need to grow up and tune into reality.

That's what this thread did starting at post number one. Perhaps it's time to catch up.

Or perhaps not.

No this thread was started by second guessing the actions of an office who was trying to get control of a situation, no one on this board who hasn't worn the uniform and been in the situation are qualified to do that. And evidently pointing out that fact is an unforgivable sin.

Wrong again, OK. I wear the uniform twice a week, serving with the Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteers, Not only do I not agree with you, neither does the entire county sheriff's department, which trains everyone to respect the rights of all citizens, which includes the right of free speech..

"Article 56.8. Impoliteness. Failure to be polite to an officer of the law is punishable by a term of not less than one year, and not more than five years. Aggravated impoliteness shall be punished by a term of not less than seven years, and more than ten years."
Please spare me the labors or research and point me to the link where "Article 56.8." resides.

Thank you.

He was being sarcastic. As was I with the "Antigravity Ordinance".

Thank you.

It resides in OKTexas's head.

As a trained officer of the law, I am subject to exactly the same requirements that applies to paid deputies, even though I am a volunteer. I have been serving for 5 years now, and not once have I ever had a citizen been impolite to me. The reason that is so is that I am never impolite to them. If I were, I would be fired.

The cop in this case was fired because he was unable, or unwilling to control himself on the job. As an officer of the law, we have a higher standard of behavior that we must live up to. He, on the other hand, was throwing gasoline on the fire, and acting like he had O.D.ed on Meth. Good riddance.

No where did I say the police are above the law. I simply offered common sense advise on how to deal with encounters with them, it's never failed me. You don't have to follow it, then you might end up like Michael Brown, he had a lets get tough with the cops attitude.
Michael ("Big Mike") Brown's conduct was an extreme departure from the "politeness" toward police which you recommend.

I agree with your advice to be polite in encounters with police -- but only when the police conduct calls for reciprocal politeness. Otherwise a polite response to an unnecessarily oppressive or offensive demeanor amounts to slavish subservience which far too many contemporary cops seem to expect (See, COPS, the tv "ride-along" documentary series).

Unfortunately too many cops are inclined fabricate charges against subjects who fail to behave subserviently toward them, a fact which to a significant extent has much to do with the presently emerging anti-police atmosphere.

I'm not suggesting that all or most cops are guilty of arrogant and/or generally rude conduct toward the public, but enough of them are to have alienated a substantial number of individuals who can recall having unpleasant encounters with nasty cops. And all it takes is one such encounter to form a lasting impression.

emot-munch.gif

Or perhaps not.

Wrong again, OK. I wear the uniform twice a week, serving with the Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteers, Not only do I not agree with you, neither does the entire county sheriff's department, which trains everyone to respect the rights of all citizens, which includes the right of free speech..

Tell me, what have you taught your kids about police encounters? Do you tell them to respectfully comply with commands or resist?

emot-munch.gif

Or perhaps not.

Tell me, what have you taught your kids about police encounters? Do you tell them to respectfully comply with commands or resist?

It was not really necessary. My daughter is white and doesn't live in Texas. She doesn't have police encounters.

[...]

Before endeavoring to "get control" it is necessary to assess a situation and determine the most effective way to approach it -- which is exactly what Casebolt didn't do. And look what happened.

If Casebolt hadn't arrived those other cops would have established control of the situation in a calm and passive manner and probably would have effected a few arrests of assaultive troublemakers. And the world would never have heard of this debacle.

Last edited:
Here's your problem right here in a nutshell:

this thread was started by second guessing the actions of an office who was trying to get control of a situation

Go watch the video and note the cop who appears between 0:35 and 0:40. He's approached closely enough that you an hear his tone of voice in conversation. He's got a willing audience, voluntarily conversing in a rational maner as if they're all human beings. THAT is having a situation under control. Suddenly at 0:48 in comes Batman Casebolt, screaming at people, cursing at kids in front of the whole neighborhood and then assaulting two young teenage girls in bathing suits. THAT is taking a situation out of control.

Here's what you authoritarian slaves don't get: you don't "get control" of an ordinary situation by force and you sure as fuck don't earn any kind of respect busting heads. Casebolt, and he ALONE, made this into a story and damn near incited a riot. Had anyone in the area been taking the advice of the gun nutters on this forum and played the part of "good guy with a gun", he could have got himself shot, and it would have arguably been justified.

The situation was already in control. Casebolt did all he could to undermine that. Which is why he's unemployed right now, and good riddance.

emot-munch.gif

Or perhaps not.

This is the internet dood. ALL of us have "worn the uniform". We're also Supreme Court Judges, expert attorneys, leading brain surgeons and the Pope. Appeal to Authority Fallacy dismissed. :eusa_hand:

And regardless, neither Casebolt's own chief, nor the other 11 cops on the scen -- NOR CASEBOLT HIMSELF -- the guys in real life with uniforms -- agree with you. He has acknowledged he was in the wrong -- why can't you?

If this country were attacked by the nation of Generica and Generica won the war and was now patrolling the streets with an occupying military force, would you be out there Quislinging for them?

-- Because that's exactly what this paramilitary mentality police disease is doing. There's no difference except they don't represent the nation of Generica. They represent the Nation of Testosterone.

Police are supposed to be public servants -- not your fucking daddy who delivers regular whippings.

>> The two officers in this brief video represent two different policing styles, two different mindsets that officers use as they interact with civilians: the Guardian and the Warrior. As a former police officer and current policing scholar, I know that an officer’s mindset has tremendous impact on police/civilian encounters. I’ve described the Guardian and Warrior mindsets at some length here and here; for now, suffice to say that the right mindset can de-escalate tense situations, induce compliance, and increase community trust over the long-term. The kids interacting with the first officer were excited, but not upset; they remained cooperative. Had they gone home at that moment, they’d have a story for their friends and family, but it would be a story that happened to have the police in it rather than being a story about the police.

The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force.

Although the short video does not provide a complete picture of the scene, it appears likely that force in this case could have been avoided. Consider how Corporal Casebolt took issue with the way a group of girls standing on the sidewalk some distance away were “running their mouths,” so he yelled at them: “Leave!” and “Get your ass gone!” As one bikini-clad girl, 15-year-old Dajerria Becton, did exactly that, Corporal Casebolt stopped her—possibly after some verbal exchange not captured by the camera—and wrestled her to the ground. When quickly approached by two young men who appear unhappy with his treatment of Becton, he unholstered his firearm almost two seconds after those two young men began backing away from him. About ten seconds later, as Becton continued to sit on the ground where he left her, Corporal Casebolt again grabbed her and forced her down, pushing her face into the ground and planting a knee in her back as she cried. The kids now have a story about an officer, and it may well be one that sours their faith in police for years to come.

What should officers do in similar situations? For starters, they must realize that the public—even a group of non-compliant teenagers—are not an enemy to be vanquished, but civilians to be protected, to the extent possible, from indignity and harm. A Guardian mindset encourages officers to be “procedurally just,” to ensure that their encounters with civilians are empowering, fair, respectful and considerate. Research of police and military encounters strongly suggests that officers are most effective at fostering goodwill and reducing antagonism when they approach each encounter with the goal of building civilian trust. << ---- What Went Wrong in McKinney

It's a really simple thing, police are human, of course you have never done anything that seemed right at the time but later regretted it, right? The guy was officer of the year at one time, should one incident where no one was hurt end his career? Demanding perfection of any human will lead to certain disappointment. But then you have a record of demanding perfection of people you disagree with, so never mind.

emot-munch.gif

Or perhaps not.

It's a really simple thing, police are human, of course you have never done anything that seemed right at the time but later regretted it, right? The guy was officer of the year at one time, should one incident where no one was hurt end his career? Demanding perfection of any human will lead to certain disappointment. But then you have a record of demanding perfection of people you disagree with, so never mind.

He was officer of the year when they had a contest on how many girls each officer could beat up. Yes even one incident where a wild monkey is allowed to have a gun is one incident too many.

this thread was started by second guessing the actions of an office who was trying to get control of a situation

Go watch the video and note the cop who appears between 0:35 and 0:40. He's approached closely enough that you an hear his tone of voice in conversation. He's got a willing audience, voluntarily conversing in a rational maner as if they're all human beings. THAT is having a situation under control. Suddenly at 0:48 in comes Batman Casebolt, screaming at people, cursing at kids in front of the whole neighborhood and then assaulting two young teenage girls in bathing suits. THAT is taking a situation out of control.

Here's what you authoritarian slaves don't get: you don't "get control" of an ordinary situation by force and you sure as fuck don't earn any kind of respect busting heads. Casebolt, and he ALONE, made this into a story and damn near incited a riot. Had anyone in the area been taking the advice of the gun nutters on this forum and played the part of "good guy with a gun", he could have got himself shot, and it would have arguably been justified.

The situation was already in control. Casebolt did all he could to undermine that. Which is why he's unemployed right now, and good riddance.

Funny, I didn't see any blood in the video, who got their head busted?

The invisible person that violated the statute you posted.

emot-munch.gif

Or perhaps not.

::::wwwhoooosssh::::

That entire point just sailed right by you, did it? SMH

Make that twice.

Btw about that "poor misunderstood storm trooper" rant :eusa_boohoo: he was allowed to resign and thereby keep his pension, instead of getting fired. But nooo, that's not enough...

Last edited:
My understanding is that Casebolt and Zimmerman are starting up a new security firm.

You claim to be a cop, Zimmerman was acquitted, a jury found he acted within the law, why are you bringing him up? Casebolt hasn't even been charged, pathetic.

Give it time. That's still a possibility...

>> The investigation into Casebolt’s actions are ongoing, and there was no indication in the press conference Tuesday if criminal charges would be brought against him. <<
--- What Happens to Casebolt After Resignation?

Forum List

Back