Texas Secession Movement Gaining Momentum

Mexico can have Texas back, we already took out all the oil, and almost all the gas. :D

The U.S. needs Texas more than Texas needs the U.S. They would fair much better as an independent nation.

Economy of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Possibly, Texas is a great State.

But from your link it says that the second largest sector of the Texas economy is the defense/military industry.

I'm sure the people employed at the military bases that loose their jobs when they are shut down will be real happy campers along with the NASA folks around the space centers.

>>>>

The U.S. needs Texas more than Texas needs the U.S. They would fair much better as an independent nation.

But from your link it says that the second largest sector of the Texas economy is the defense/military industry.

I'm sure the people employed at the military bases that loose their jobs when they are shut down will be real happy campers along with the NASA folks around the space centers.

>>>>
They wouldn't be shut down, they would simply change ownership.

>>>>

While the fixed assets such as barracks buildings, fencing, airstrips, etc would remain - all the Mobil equipment and the military personnel would be relocated back to United States territory.

So while true the bases would still be there, none of the equipment would be. Then of course Texas would have to start purchasing it's own equipment, recruiting and paying for it's own military.

If you think that the owners name is going to change on a peace of paper and all the military complex money will still flow into the bases, I think you are mistaken.

>>>>

SBmap648.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

And who did the Spaniards steal all that from?

The entire U.S. and Canada was stolen from these people:

stortell.gif

Everybody participating on this board, with the exception of any blacks, are descendants of the FIRST round of illegal aliens to set foot in America.

Not that any liberal cares about anything spoken by our founding fathers, but...

"If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...
to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying,
'let us separate.' " Thomas Jefferson

>>>>

While the fixed assets such as barracks buildings, fencing, airstrips, etc would remain - all the Mobil equipment and the military personnel would be relocated back to United States territory.

So while true the bases would still be there, none of the equipment would be. Then of course Texas would have to start purchasing it's own equipment, recruiting and paying for it's own military.

If you think that the owners name is going to change on a peace of paper and all the military complex money will still flow into the bases, I think you are mistaken.

>>>>
The money would stop, sure, but everything else would stay. Even if it didn't, the factories are still there, as well as the expertise. It wouldn't take very long for Texas to start rolling out the tanks and missiles. They would also have plenty of money rolling in from all the food produced in that state (far more than enough for their own population).

>>>>

>>>>

They would retain their National Guard units (minus equipment bought by the federal government) but that would be it.

>>>>

They would retain their National Guard units (minus equipment bought by the federal government) but that would be it.
"Bought by the federal government" means "taxpayer money", and mush of that money came from Texans, so I think the equipment would stay. AND the federal government would STILL owe the Texas citizens their social security payments since they paid into it.

>>>>
The money would stop, sure, but everything else would stay. Even if it didn't, the factories are still there, as well as the expertise. It wouldn't take very long for Texas to start rolling out the tanks and missiles. They would also have plenty of money rolling in from all the food produced in that state (far more than enough for their own population).

You're living proof that you can't fix stupid.

>>>>

You're living proof that you can't fix stupid.
Coming from you, that doesn't mean much. BTW, your name and avatar are ridiculous.

>>>>
The money would stop, sure, but everything else would stay.

Yes the money would stop but not everything else would stay. All the mobile equipment used to operate the facilities is the property of the people of the United States and therefore would return to the United States.

Even if it didn't, the factories are still there, as well as the expertise.

1. Some of the expertise it likely to stay, sure. But there are probably many loyal Americans that wouldn't want to give up their citizenship to remain in a foreign country.

2. The expertise that would remain would have to start from scratch on the design, testing, and manufacturing phases from scratch. The designs for the current equipment manufactured their is the intellectual property of the United States government and those designs are ours.

It wouldn't take very long for Texas to start rolling out the tanks and missiles.

Seeing as how they would be starting from ground zero with having to design new systems it would probably take 5-10 years before full scale production would begin and since they would be purchasing no where near the quantiy of the United States, their cost per unit (especially on things like advanced tanks and 4th/5th generation fighters) would be much higher.

They would also have plenty of money rolling in from all the food produced in that state (far more than enough for their own population).

Good glad to hear it. It will be money that can help pay off their portion of the National debt.

>>>>

Forum List

Back