Texas Secession resolution passes GOP committee

Suicides reflects leadership... Since our commander-in-chief is a shit bag so goes the morale of the military.
wow. you're completely ignorant. you want to blame military suicides on the president?
Well, they are led by someone very few of them approve of.
and you base this on what? another blog?

Are you stupid??
That is where the crime is...

Yeah, but that's because that's where the people are. There tends to be little crime when there are more cows per square mile than humans. Cows aren't big criminal types.

I am all for secession of any state upon their request to do so, provided that they immediately pay a portion of the public debt equivalent to the proportion of the state's population to the overall US population.
You don't understand the process...when states secede, they aren't asking the government's permission...patriots and southerners don't care what you think.

States have no right to secede. Secession is only possible through revolution, or through the consent of the several states. Or what you call "permission."

Which brings us back to what I said. I support the granting of secession to any state that wishes to do so. States should not generally be prevented from withdrawing from the Union if that is their wish. If Texas voted to secede I would urge my Senators and Congressperson to vote 'yes.' The only qualification I believe to be fair or appropriate is for the state seeking secession to pay their share of the US federal debt. That 'share' being determined as that proportion of the public debt that is equal to that proportion of the state's population to the whole of the United States.

Secession is illegal.

End of story.

The new story is that the committee took an overt action to violate the law.

They are engaged in criminal activity and can be arrested.

There is zero chance of Texas seceding

that's what they said last time.

That's what pussies always say...
the pussies are the secessionists. like little children, they aren't getting their way so they want to take their ball and go home.

the colonists in 1776 were "pussies"? you unamerican treasonous POS
You all are not patriots, merely scum similar to the loyalists of 1775 who looked backward just as you pussies do today.

Last edited:
I am all for secession of any state upon their request to do so, provided that they immediately pay a portion of the public debt equivalent to the proportion of the state's population to the overall US population.
You don't understand the process...when states secede, they aren't asking the government's permission...patriots and southerners don't care what you think.

States have no right to secede. Secession is only possible through revolution, or through the consent of the several states. Or what you call "permission."

Which brings us back to what I said. I support the granting of secession to any state that wishes to do so. States should not generally be prevented from withdrawing from the Union if that is their wish. If Texas voted to secede I would urge my Senators and Congressperson to vote 'yes.' The only qualification I believe to be fair or appropriate is for the state seeking secession to pay their share of the US federal debt. That 'share' being determined as that proportion of the public debt that is equal to that proportion of the state's population to the whole of the United States.

states can do whatever they want...secession can occur just like it did last time...by a vote of the people of the state...and "your" congressmen/senators don't have any say in it...it's not up to them to approve or disapprove...

the south tried to do it politely the last time..the south OFFERED to pay it's share and to pay for all federal property in the south...the lying POS lincoln had to have his war, though, and he invaded the south despite saying in his inaugural address that he wouldn't.
you need to read more history and less leftist propaganda.

the pussies are the secessionists. like little children, they aren't getting their way so they want to take their ball and go home.

the colonists in 1776 were "pussies"?

you unamerican treasonous POS
"Last time" was the civil war. Dumbass

yes...the last time "states" seceded from the union was before the north invaded during the war of northern aggression...

the colonies seceded from england...and just like the lying POS lincoln did, king george invaded..
like I said...read some history...

"Texas Secession Resolution Passes GOP Committee"

Thus exhibiting their ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution.

the constitution has nothing to do with state legislatures allowing the people of that state to vote on secession....you're a clown, you know that?

Here's what america was founded on..freedom of association and self determination...you're against freedom, marxist?

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

yes...the last time "states" seceded from the union was before the north invaded during the war of northern aggression...

the colonies seceded from england...and just like the lying POS lincoln did, king george invaded..
And you support those southern traitors and the fit they threw over slavery.

But no matter if you want to be a dumbass and support thise traitors and their illegal actions "last time" had nothing to do with England

the constitution has nothing to do with state legislatures allowing the people of that state to vote on secession....you're a clown, you know that?

Here's what america was founded on..freedom of association and self determination...you're against freedom, marxist?

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
They can vote on it all they want. Unilateral secession is unconstitutional

I think jakey would have sipping cognac with the tories in boston pubs while washington and the continental army were out freezing.
Yup, as a spy for Washington, I was sussing out you Loyalists and your treachery against the Patriots. I might be doing it now, for that matter, attending your meetings and passing on your info.

They can vote on it all they want. Unilateral secession is unconstitutional
Since you are a progressive and the country will never "get along" I would think a bleeding heart like you would like to see the country split up??

I think jakey would have sipping cognac with the tories in boston pubs while washington and the continental army were out freezing.
Yup, as a spy for Washington, I was sussing out you Loyalists and your treachery against the Patriots. I might be doing it now, for that matter, attending your meetings and passing on your info.

Oh Jakey, you would have made the crown proud.

And you support those southern traitors and the fit they threw over slavery.

the war of northern aggression wasn't fought to preserve or abolish slavery...read some history.

But no matter if you want to be a dumbass and support thise traitors and their illegal actions "last time" had nothing to do with England

"traitors"?..for wanting freedom of association and self determination? why does that bother you so, comrade? You against people having the right of self determination? why?

..and there was nothing "illegal" about secession then...or now...read some history, son...

here's what lincoln said..but of course the lying POS HAD to have his war so he invaded the south...and southern patriots did what all patriots do when their sovereign nation is invaded by hostile foreigners...they fought to repel the invaders;

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the
right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that
suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right – a right which
we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases
in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it.
Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize, and make their own of
so much of the territory as they inhabit."

Forum List

Back