Texas senator: ‘Finger pointing’ at authorities after shooting ‘destructive, distracting, and unfair’

In the past 7 years, the hate from the left and from the media has gotten worse, exponentially. The reason we have crime and a willingness to shoot up schools, post offices, banks, churches, and any other institution, is because we teach hate; nightly. We permit those who hate to tell our citizens, our children, that hate is okay. As long as you hate the right kind of people, why, it is perfectly acceptable.

Now take a kid who has no friends, maybe bullied, and is made fun of. That kid sees that it is okay to hate those who don't see the world as you do. It is okay because they are bad people.

When was the last time a school was shot up just for the fun of it?

Horseshit. These gun massacres go back to the 1960s. Were you born yesterday? Who could be more hateful and negative than Trump?

Horseshit. These gun massacres go back to the 1960s. Were you born yesterday? Who could be more hateful and negative than Trump?
You, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, a few hundred others in Congress. EVERY person in the media is far more negative than Trump.

Take a look around you. You see hate; everywhere. It pours out of the television sets, it is found on every phone carried by every kid.

People are now given permission to say it is okay if a certain group of people dies if they don't do as they are told.

Listen to social media, and read the commentary of the young. Hell, read the news print from our main news outlets. Watch the red faces and frothing rage of our streaming media. Watch as four women rage daily at those who won't conform to their ideas. Read about how those with other solutions are vilified, ostracized, and shunned. Read about how the 'kids' today will form plans and gangs to get people's lives and livelihoods destroyed for not agreeing with them.

All of that begins and ends with the permission of our elected officials, and people like you, to hate those who disagree with you.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) argued Saturday that the focus in the aftermath of the shooting at an Uvalde, Texas, elementary school should be on the lessons learned from the incident instead of “finger pointing” at authorities.

“The second guessing and finger pointing among state and local law enforcement is destructive, distracting, and unfair,” Cornyn posted on Twitter.

He retweeted a post on Twitter from Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-Texas), whose district includes Uvalde, that included a Uvalde Police Department press release pointing to an incident in 2018 when the department identified what the congressman called “credible threats” to a local school and made arrests.

Cornyn said complex situations require “split second decisions” and it is easy for people to criticize actions in hindsight.

Texas senator: ‘Finger pointing’ at authorities after shooting ‘destructive, distracting, and unfair’

I didn't think just criticism and viable path forwards were mutually exclusive.....And to think, he got more reelection votes than any US Senator in history in 2020.
Everybody was paying attention during the lock down. It's not that hard to know why there was record turnout.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) argued Saturday that the focus in the aftermath of the shooting at an Uvalde, Texas, elementary school should be on the lessons learned from the incident instead of “finger pointing” at authorities.

“The second guessing and finger pointing among state and local law enforcement is destructive, distracting, and unfair,” Cornyn posted on Twitter.

He retweeted a post on Twitter from Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-Texas), whose district includes Uvalde, that included a Uvalde Police Department press release pointing to an incident in 2018 when the department identified what the congressman called “credible threats” to a local school and made arrests.

Cornyn said complex situations require “split second decisions” and it is easy for people to criticize actions in hindsight.

I didn't think just criticism and viable path forwards were mutually exclusive.....And to think, he got more reelection votes than any US Senator in history in 2020.
Yeah don't point out that the authorities in Texas made it simpler for pepe off their rocker to get guns. Ok.

You, Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, a few hundred others in Congress. EVERY person in the media is far more negative than Trump.

Take a look around you. You see hate; everywhere. It pours out of the television sets, it is found on every phone carried by every kid.

People are now given permission to say it is okay if a certain group of people dies if they don't do as they are told.

Listen to social media, and read the commentary of the young. Hell, read the news print from our main news outlets. Watch the red faces and frothing rage of our streaming media. Watch as four women rage daily at those who won't conform to their ideas. Read about how those with other solutions are vilified, ostracized, and shunned. Read about how the 'kids' today will form plans and gangs to get people's lives and livelihoods destroyed for not agreeing with them.

All of that begins and ends with the permission of our elected officials, and people like you, to hate those who disagree with you.

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 have you forgotten that Trump's mantra is MAGA and only he can fix it? He's claimed he's a victim (and Nationalist) for the past 40 years..

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 have you forgotten that Trump's mantra is MAGA and only he can fix it? He's claimed he's a victim (and Nationalist) for the past 40 years..
What does that have to do with what I said? Do you realize that MAGA stands for "Make America Great Again"? He can claim he is the only one who can fix it, that his beliefs are just that. His beliefs. That does NOT make him a hater, but it appears, to make him hated.

Have you read any of the vaunted corporate media about MAGA? Maybe you have, you seem to have the same hatred toward making America Great that they do.

Finally, can you show Me a link to a print or video, in which Trump is red-faced, livid, and raging at the top of his voice against those who offer up different solutions to existing problems?

Because you can find that on practically any episode of, "The View".

What does that have to do with what I said? Do you realize that MAGA stands for "Make America Great Again"? He can claim he is the only one who can fix it, that his beliefs are just that. His beliefs. That does NOT make him a hater, but it appears, to make him hated.

Have you read any of the vaunted corporate media about MAGA? Maybe you have, you seem to have the same hatred toward making America Great that they do.

Finally, can you show Me a link to a print or video, in which Trump is red-faced, livid, and raging at the top of his voice against those who offer up different solutions to existing problems?

Because you can find that on practically any episode of, "The View".

America has always been great. Trump is just firing up the mob mentality without solving problems like healthcare, illegal and mass shootings.

I have to love how that cocksucker surada "disagrees" with your post. This sniveling pathetic turd HATES Cornyn and would be trying to firebomb his house if could afford the gas to do so.

Cornyn is a swamp rat. He is only kept in line because TX voters are increasingly hostile to DC and the concept of secession has become more plausible.

In fact it's possible at this point for TX to lead a movement that purges the liberal states from the constitutional US republic because most cognizant people are so disgusted with leftist filth and their total idiocy that we want to remove them from our nation and return to a sane standard of government.

Cornyn is a political hack

I dont know what his angle is here but I’m sure its calculated rather than heartfelt

Cornyn is a political hack

I dont know what his angle is here but I’m sure its calculated rather than heartfelt
There are rumors that he has been tasked by The Turtle to work with the dems on some kind of bipartisan remedy.....Nothing that's good for freedom I'm sure.

I have to love how that cocksucker surada "disagrees" with your post. This sniveling pathetic turd HATES Cornyn and would be trying to firebomb his house if could afford the gas to do so.

Cornyn is a swamp rat. He is only kept in line because TX voters are increasingly hostile to DC and the concept of secession has become more plausible.

In fact it's possible at this point for TX to lead a movement that purges the liberal states from the constitutional US republic because most cognizant people are so disgusted with leftist filth and their total idiocy that we want to remove them from our nation and return to a sane standard of government.

Hate is not the answer .. face reality and roll up your sleeves.

America has always been great. Trump is just firing up the mob mentality without solving problems like healthcare, illegal and mass shootings.
A point in fact, America was slowly draining away from any moral authority it had by following leftwing policy and dictates. Elected officials were putting taxpayer monies aside to pay for their lewd behavior toward women and then covering up for it. That, btw, is still going on. Politicians were stonewalling the citizens for a change in the news cycle to avoid bad behavior or calls the majority of the populace that they X. They even quietly returned to the policy of earmarks, against the expressed wishes of the public, they just now call it something else and they happily go on bribing each other.

I could probably write several 10's of thousands of 'issues' that America was letting slide, and the politicians were gleefully allowing it to happen.

Forum List

Back