Texas still talking about seceding.. Ted Cruz and others comment

We have to convince the chicken-shits to man up and do it. We're only at about 35% right now.
but what if the... Maybe I have an over active imagination but what if the *^%#@s in the fed gov.. decided to go to war w/ TX?

probably not a good idea considering all the personal handguns in that state but ...

In any case, I think of that term "unintended consequences"

and wonder..

but what if the... Maybe I have an over active imagination but what if the *^%#@s in the fed gov.. decided to go to war w/ TX?

probably not a good idea considering all the personal handguns in that state but ...

and wonder..
I am betting we leave without a single shot being fired. But, the FedGov keeps most Texans just barely pacified, so it has to get worse, which it is.

I am betting we leave without a single shot being fired. But, the FedGov keeps most Texans just barely pacified, so it has to get worse, which it is.
I'm not saying the fed would go to war to keep TX from seceding, which could also happen

I am thinking down the line they may do that... since it would be separate countries then... I dunno... still sounds like a more good than bad thing, though.. seceding

and wonder..
Why would the federal government go to war......unless they were attacked first, like what happened in 1860 with Fort Sumter.

Texas is ALWAYS talking about succeeding, always has, always will...........either until it happens, or the country is completely destroyed and demolished by the deranged DemonicRats.

The right to secede is in the Declaration of Independence.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

This is an interesting topic... For one, I never thought I would say this but I tend to disagree w/ the late Justice Antonin Scalia whom I normally agreed with on virtually everything.. He says the Civil War decided that there is no right to secede. I beg to differ. All the states were separate until the Constitution was ratified. If the states can vote to be part of the Union, I fail to see why they cannot vote to disengage therefrom. There may be no right to secede in the Constitution (I don't know... not a Constitutional lawyers) but from best info, there is no right NOT to either...

Militarily speaking, prior to any hypothetical Texan secession, the United States department of defense would withdraw all US military bases and units, manpower and weaponry from the state. The so-called Republic of Texas would be left without a military of any kind, totally defenseless to any other sovereign nation who chose to attack or invade it. Even the paltry Mexican navy could blockade Texan ports and the smallest, weakest Central or South American nation could place and enforce sanctions and embargos on the budding new Republic. The people of Texas would suffer much greater tribulations than they currently do under the federal US government. My best guess is we'd see a mass refugee exodus from Texas the new sovereign nation into surrounding US states. In short, secession would be a living nightmare for Texans.

Militarily speaking, prior to any hypothetical Texan secession, the United States department of defense would withdraw all US military bases and units, manpower and weaponry from the state. The so-called Republic of Texas would be left without a military of any kind, totally defenseless to any other sovereign nation who chose to attack or invade it. Even the paltry Mexican navy could blockade Texan ports and the smallest, weakest Central or South American nation could place and enforce sanctions and embargos on the budding new Republic. The people of Texas would suffer much greater tribulations than they currently do under the federal US government. My best guess is we'd see a mass refugee exodus from Texas the new sovereign nation into surrounding US states. In short, secession would be a living nightmare for Texans.

Very likely as the choice isn't solely up to Texas, as they cannot unilaterally withdraw. However, I guess it is possible to negotiate a withdrawal with Congressional approval (which won't happen). But there are many areas that would have to be negotiated such as:
  • Establishing a timeline for withdrawal.
  • Relinquishing US Citizenship as people assume citizenship in the Republic of Texas (ROT).
  • ROT establishing it's own currency.
  • Transfer of mobile Federal property (including military hardware) out or ROT or the sale of such property on the open market if the ROT does not want to buy it.
  • Transfer of fixed federal property to ROT.
  • Data transfer of all federal data and computer system software out of ROT.
  • ROT assumption of their portion of the national debt on a proportional basis to population.
WW

I'll bet it isn't TX or OK people who have "highest gas prices in America"

But... this reminds me.. This is another reason TX should secede from the USA

They could make the .. part of the US they left behind... aka the damn feds (elites) beg for oil... and pay high prices, while Texans get to have $2. a gallon again!

:)

yeh...

better yet, think of all the other states that may stand and up listen to TX... and act accordingly

In other words, as goes TX hopefully goes the other states..
Texas could certainly become a nucleus for a new union of states that demand adherence to the U.S. Constitution.

well, TX could form its own army

Texas could certainly become a nucleus for a new union of states that demand adherence to the U.S. Constitution.
the thing is... demand all you want... enforcing it is another thing.. the elites in DC despise the Constitution.. until they can refer to it for the sake of deceiving We the People and gain politically from doing so

Forum List

Back