Texas still talking about seceding.. Ted Cruz and others comment

yall get back more than you give.

not to mention the 300,000 jobs you all lose the tax revenue for.

But yeah, go for it!
Texas provides a surplus. Who lied to you about it?

With all that fucking money we send to DC to be laundered as "foreign aid" and with the world's 8th largest economy, I think we'll make it just fine.

I am surprised you listended to the bullshit leftist talking points about Texas being a net negative. That is decidedly bullshit.

This is an interesting topic... For one, I never thought I would say this but I tend to disagree w/ the late Justice Antonin Scalia whom I normally agreed with on virtually everything.. He says the Civil War decided that there is no right to secede. I beg to differ. All the states were separate until the Constitution was ratified. If the states can vote to be part of the Union, I fail to see why they cannot vote to disengage therefrom. There may be no right to secede in the Constitution (I don't know... not a Constitutional lawyers) but from best info, there is no right NOT to either...

There is no right to secede in the Constitution. The Congress and the President would have to agree to this. I would send in the military and install martial law before I would allow that to happen.

There is no right to secede in the Constitution. The Congress and the President would have to agree to this. I would send in the military and install martial law before I would allow that to happen.
this is what is commonly referred to in the better think tanks and other groups of the intelligent and logical and wise as

total bullshit

Forum List

Back