Thank God for our RIGHT to keep and bear arms

And just where does it say the government gets to define what a word means, what "arms" are? If you say they can ban nukes, defining them as unconstitutional arms, why not other arms, even those that around at the time.

Don't assume you know what the founders meant by arms, they didn't specify them and the courts have found that even arms created recently count as protected by the right to bear arms.

Because we have a constitutionally guaranteed right to defend ourselves and our property with the appropriate "arms" which includes guns. Lol.
Where does the Constitution say "appropriate" arms?

No, it says Arms. Puddles is right about that. You assume you know what that means? You don't.

I'm going by SCOTUS statements on the issue. Lol.
And that is what we do, in the real world, for those unlike Puddles but Puddles is correct, what the Constitution says and what the Supreme Court says are two very different things.

Nope, they aren't at all. You are just making yourself look foolish. Maybe it's time for a nap. :D
God you are dumb.

Okay, for others, the Constitution says Congress shall make no laws on Free Speech but the courts have ruled that Free Speech can be limited. How, in the name of God, are those not two different (but related) things?

J4J.

Allow me to dispel this belief that the Constitution does not mean what it says.

As one who has served in the USAF, one of the first things we were are trained in is Civil Liberties which acts as the guardian working for the individual rights and Liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantees everyone in this country.

I have served this Country honorably so that you may be guaranteed your rights as well as everyone else's rights.

Let me make this perfectly clear Ma'am.

I give you your rights because I guarantee your rights.

They are not up for debate and they are not to be challenged.

Get over yourself and realize that I will continue to guarantee the rights to all citizens and if you don't like it you may relieve yourself of your citizenship and leave.

Last edited:
It doesn't say anything about nuclear arms. I would prefer that nobody had nuclear arms.

But what does that have to do with law-abiding citizens owning firearms or arms.
It has to do with the fact that it says Bear Arms, not only Bear Only Certain Arms. Are swords not covered, crossbows, how about big knives or Tasers?

It says Arms, it does not, and never has, defined what the hell those actually were.
Should they just have said the current weapons of the time, subject to change as arms are developed?
Should they? Who the fuck cares. What they said was bear arms so how do you get from there to you can have guns but not nukes?

You have to think people, and you obviously don't.

You've lost, and you are a sore loser. We have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms, as defined by the second amendment in the Bill of Rights. Sorry. You lose . . . again.
How can I lose? I can't. You have already allowed the courts to define what are and are not "constitutionally protected arms". All the gun banners have to do is get the court to decide guns are also, like nukes, not included and the right to own firearms goes away.
They will never go away.

The SC has no authority to change the Constitution and there will never be a time when you disarm this Nation.

And you won't get them even if you pass a law saying to give them up.

J4J.

Allow me to dispel this belief that the Constitution does not mean what it says.

As one who has served in the USAF, one of the first things were are trained in is Civil Liberties which acts as the guardian working for the individual rights and Liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantees everyone in this country.

I have served this Country honorably so that you may be guaranteed your rights as well as everyone else's rights.

Get over yourself and realize that I will continue to guarantee the rights to all citizens and if you don't like you may relieve yourself of your citizenship and leave.

We American citizens who appreciate and believe in our Constitution and our freedoms DO appreciate your service. Thank you! :thup:

Yeah, that's not in there in either, and neither is what are "arms".
Neither are background checks, waiting periods, registration or licensing.
In fact, neither is making it illegal for criminals to buy/own/possess guns.
Now we are getting somewhere. Those things might be "constitutional" but they are not in the Constitution itself. It says things like right to bear arms, and the courts are stuck figuring out just what that actually means?
You need to make up your mind.
My mind is made up. What the Constitution says, and what the courts who have to define what it actually means, are two different things,
And so...? What's your point?
The point is to understand that apples are not oranges in this case. The Founders did not define what an arm is? If you have a right to bear them, even if you could kill a million people with one, the Constitution itself does not say you can't carry that bad boy around with you. That is something the courts did which means, in the future, they could also say, no guns. Banning one arm is no different than banning another.

You've already allowed them to define what counts as an arm in the 2nd Amendment. In the future, that could be down to a soup spoon, if they go that way.

J4J.

As one who has served in the USAF, one of the first things were are trained in is Civil Liberties which acts as the guardian working for the individual rights and Liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantees everyone in this country.

Get over yourself and realize that I will continue to guarantee the rights to all citizens and if you don't like you may relieve yourself of your citizenship and leave.

We American citizens who appreciate and believe in our Constitution and our freedoms DO appreciate your service. Thank you! :thup:
Thank you CL.

I get so sick of these people who think they can rewrite the Constitution and just arbitrarily take the rights of those they disagree with.

Now we are getting somewhere. Those things might be "constitutional" but they are not in the Constitution itself. It says things like right to bear arms, and the courts are stuck figuring out just what that actually means?
My mind is made up. What the Constitution says, and what the courts who have to define what it actually means, are two different things,
The point is to understand that apples are not oranges in this case. The Founders did not define what an arm is? If you have a right to bear them, even if you could kill a million people with one, the Constitution itself does not say you can't carry that bad boy around with you. That is something the courts did which means, in the future, they could also say, no guns. Banning one arm is no different than banning another.

You've already allowed them to define what counts as an arm in the 2nd Amendment. In the future, that could be down to a soup spoon, if they go that way.
Excuse me. I made it clear. Our rights are not up for debate.

I thought you were leaving this thread because you were getting butt hurt from getting such an arse kicking? :D

Face it, you are just wrong about pretty much everything. You don't understand the basic tenets of our rights or the constitution or the Bill of Rights. You have made that abundantly clear to everyone. Lol.

J4J.

Get over yourself and realize that I will continue to guarantee the rights to all citizens and if you don't like it you may relieve yourself of your citizenship and leave.
No, you do not give me my rights, for that I have the Constitution, the Courts, and Lawyers. You have been lied to, you believe a myth, You'd be hard pressed to even come up with a war that was fought to defend my rights?

And just where, in this thing that you believe you defend, does it say you can lose your right to bear arms? It doesn't.

The courts very much disagree. All you have to do is look at the rights of homosexuals to get married. The court has spoken and it was very much up for debate, If the courts can say you can't have a nuke, they can also say you can't have a gun. Nothing but tradition is stopping them.

J4J.

No, you do not give me my rights, for that I have the Constitution, the Courts, and Lawyers. You have been lied to, you believe a myth, You'd be hard pressed to even come up with a war that was fought to defend my rights?

And just where, in this thing that you believe you defend, does it say you can lose your right to bear arms? It doesn't.
We who serve guarantee you these rights.

How long do you think this Country will stand if it weren't for those who stand and defend it?

My rights are not up for debate. Period.

The courts very much disagree. All you have to do is look at the rights of homosexuals to get married. The court has spoken and it was very much up for debate, If the courts can say you can't have a nuke, they can also say you can't have a gun. Nothing but tradition is stopping them.
Who fucking cares about homosexuals being married. What does that have to do with my rights to be armed.

You can pass all the laws you want.

We will never give up our Arms and you will have to violate the Constitution to get them.

Plan on going door to door and killing everyone who refuses to disarm.

Tyrant.

J4J.

How long do you think this Country will stand if it weren't for those who!stand and defend it?

Well, I have to go run some errands now. I wish you luck in dealing with this obnoxious poster. :2up:

J4J.

How long do you think this Country will stand if it weren't for those who!stand and defend it?

Well, I have to go run some errands now. I wish you luck in dealing with this obnoxious poster. :2up:
I'm done with her.

Thank you CL.. Take care.

It has to do with the fact that it says Bear Arms, not only Bear Only Certain Arms. Are swords not covered, crossbows, how about big knives or Tasers?

It says Arms, it does not, and never has, defined what the hell those actually were.
Should they just have said the current weapons of the time, subject to change as arms are developed?
Should they? Who the fuck cares. What they said was bear arms so how do you get from there to you can have guns but not nukes?

You have to think people, and you obviously don't.

You've lost, and you are a sore loser. We have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms, as defined by the second amendment in the Bill of Rights. Sorry. You lose . . . again.
How can I lose? I can't. You have already allowed the courts to define what are and are not "constitutionally protected arms". All the gun banners have to do is get the court to decide guns are also, like nukes, not included and the right to own firearms goes away.
They will never go away.

The SC has no authority to change the Constitution and there will never be a time when you disarm this Nation.

And you won't get them even if you pass a law saying to give them up.
Okay, you can't think for shit either. The Court defines what the Constitution actually means. Not what it says, what it means. They found legal abortion. It's not in there. They found birth control. It's not in there. They found gay marriage, it's not in there either.

If they can find it constitutional to take the right to bear arms (own weapons) away from some, they can find it constitutional to take them away from all.

You have to think like a lawyer. Work on it.

I don't have to be a lawyer not think on it.

The hell they aren't. They are up for the debate in the courts day after day. If you were gay, you just got the right to get married. If you were a felon, you might have just lost your right to bear arms.

What does the Constitution say? And what do the courts say it says? Two different things. Never confuse them.

I don't have to be a lawyer not think on it.

The hell they aren't. They are up for the debate in the courts day after day. If you were gay, you just got the right to get married. If you were a felon, you might have just lost your right to bear arms.
I'm not a criminal.

My rights are not up for debate.

You can repeat it all day everyday.

My rights are not up for debate.

Forum List

Back