Thank God we have fair and impartial polls in now this country

We were behind in every poll leading up to election day

Except that statement is made up bullshit.

RCP Average 6/7 - 6/18 -- -- 49.0 48.8 Handel +0.2
RealClearPolitics - Election 2017 - Georgia 6th District Run-Off Election - Handel vs. Ossoff

Dummies need to learn - polling is not some sort of crystal ball, but it is best available methodology to predict how people will vote.

Weather forecast is not always right, but I don't go around spreading bullshit about how Republicans are manipulating the predictions.

This constant ridiculous bitching and conspiracy theorizing about polling needs to stop.
And they were off by a factor of 25 and that is good?

???

Which poll was off by "factor of 25" (what ever the fuck that means)
Typing slowly

The RCP average polling was .2 percent difference prior to the election.

the final result was approximately 5 percent.

.2 X 25 = 5 thus a factor of 25 off

You are a fucking idiot.

It was correct on overall outcome while being off a few points from actualls, your silly attempt to inflate the difference with this multiplicative bullshit is seriously pathetic.

I guess if polls showed a tie they would be wrong by a FACTOR OF INFINITY MAAN! :rolleyes:
Holy crap man, a tie would be a factor of zero.

You ought to stop doubling down now, show you are at least that smart.

According to all the polls in the last two years, Clinton should be president

Ok so the grand conspiracy started in 2015. Before 2015, while Obama was in office and the polls underestimated his popular vote results in two election, there was not a grand conspiracy. Gotcha.

Can tell me which poll claimed that Clinton will win the Electoral College? While answering this question you may want to keep in mind that national polls do not measure state-by-state Electoral College point outcomes.

Also, how do you explain that among this grand conspiracy to skew numbers left, on aggregate the national polls correctly predicted down to 1% outcome of popular vote?
Here you go friend, seven election predictions in one article, guess how many Trump won.

Here Are 7 Electoral College Predictions for Tuesday

So it's the polling companies errors not the Republicans, maybe he pollsters need to get it right, maybe they are sampling wrong and that is why their numbers are wrong. Just like our last special election, they were off by 5%. The polling companies already have no credibility, so why can we not criticize them?

Turnout in June 20 vote was 25% higher than in the runoff - how do you account for that in your predictive modeling? How would one know who these people will vote for?

You are grossly under-playing the difficulty of the task of down-to-1% predicting who will vote and how.

When they poll they ask questions on whether they are going to vote, so the pollsters already knew there would be a higher turnout, they would have projected it. It sounds that you have little faith in the polls.

That is my point, they are worthless.

So it's the polling companies errors not the Republicans, maybe he pollsters need to get it right, maybe they are sampling wrong and that is why their numbers are wrong. Just like our last special election, they were off by 5%. The polling companies already have no credibility, so why can we not criticize them?

Turnout in June 20 vote was 25% higher than in the runoff - how do you account for that in your predictive modeling? How would one know who these people will vote for?

You are grossly under-playing the difficulty of the task of down-to-1% predicting who will vote and how.

When they poll they ask questions on whether they are going to vote, so the pollsters already knew there would be a higher turnout, they would have projected it. It sounds that you have little faith in the polls.

Start a polling company that will dominate all others on accuracy :rolleyes:

It said there was a +/- 3 and was off by over 5. That isn't close, polls are a snapshot of a day and time. Also poll questions can be asked in a certain way to get a desired result.

The day a poll is released it is inaccurate and history. Those of you that put any faith in them are moronic and deserve what you get.

It said there was a +/- 3 and was off by over 5. That isn't close, polls are a snapshot of a day and time. Also poll questions can be asked in a certain way to get a desired result.

The day a poll is released it is inaccurate and history. Those of you that put any faith in them are moronic and deserve what you get.

It? What is IT? That doesn't make any sense in context of polling average.

Further, being off by 2% from upper bound - that's you definition of really bad forecast, seriously? what is your alternative? Which method do you have at forecasting election results that is better than polling? There are none.

Last edited:

It? What is IT? That doesn't make any sense in context of polling average.

Further, being off by 2% from upper bound - that's you definition of really bad forecast, seriously? what is your alternative? Which method do you have at forecasting election results that is better than polling? There are none.

When I go to the polls to vote for who I want to. I don't need a poll to tell me who may or may not win. Why do you need a forecast?

The polls are often wrong, I see no reason why we can't criticize and make a mockery of them.

Forum List

Back