Thank the lord Reagan is not alive to see today GOP!

Of course you are wrong.
Reagan didnt grant amnesty to anyone. Reagan signed a law passed by Congress that did that.

Ronald Reagan: "And I supported this bill. I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally."

Dumbass.

Thank the Lord for Ronald Reagan. He led the American Renaissance and marginalized left-wing politics for a generation. There is little doubt Reagan would be politically something like Ted Cruz today.

His success is the premise of the entire thread.

As Donald does his little goldfish followers.

57035047.jpg

Thank the Lord for Ronald Reagan. He led the American Renaissance and marginalized left-wing politics for a generation. There is little doubt Reagan would be politically something like Ted Cruz today.

Reagan was more like John Kasich.

You little goldfish, you would have nothing to do with him now: he would be too liberal.

You little goldfish, you would have nothing to do with him now: he would be too liberal.
Do you honestly think Reagan was stupid enough to follow your alleged "political journey" from mainstream conservative to ding bat?

He was made by far sterner stuff.

Today GOP would most likely would have enraged Ronald Reagan had he been alive in today time. The bickering and the extreme nutterism that I have been seeing with today GOP make me reflect on Ronald Reagan and his ability to unite the Political Party even though there were many that would have eaten their own.

The GOP badly need another Reagan and not the nonsense that is being sold today.

As Cruz rises in U.S. presidential polls, Trump calls him "maniac"

I believe Trump is going to make it impossible for anyone within the GOP to support him except his supporters if he does win the nomination, and will cost the GOP next November.

Also I already know his supporters will chant about Clinton while ignoring the glaring fact the GOP is actually tiring of Trump comments, and he need to dial it down a little.
I agree. And I will mention Bill Clinton, but only in the sense that he was also able to work across the aisle with republicans......haven't seen that since
Newsflash for ya. Many bills have been signed into law, the Republicans had the house for some time now and more recently the senate. The president that signs those into law is a Democrat and he refuses to sign what he doesn't like. This party of no shit repeated by the left is stupid at best.
That was my point. Reagan worked with democrats and Clinton worked with republicans. Obama refuses to compromise. But, at the same time, republicans aren't presenting compromisable bills. Both parties are spiting each other at our expense
But budgets are getting passed so....

Of course you are wrong.
Reagan didnt grant amnesty to anyone. Reagan signed a law passed by Congress that did that.

Oh, one other thing.

That was a Republican bill. It originated with Senator Simpson.

Dumbass.
Thanks for proving mt point that Reagan did not grant amnesty to anyone.
And of course you are still wrong. The bill was Simpson-Mazzoli and Mazzoli was a Democrat.
Dumbshit.

Today GOP would most likely would have enraged Ronald Reagan had he been alive in today time. The bickering and the extreme nutterism that I have been seeing with today GOP make me reflect on Ronald Reagan and his ability to unite the Political Party even though there were many that would have eaten their own.

The GOP badly need another Reagan and not the nonsense that is being sold today.

I believe Trump is going to make it impossible for anyone within the GOP to support him except his supporters if he does win the nomination, and will cost the GOP next November.

Also I already know his supporters will chant about Clinton while ignoring the glaring fact the GOP is actually tiring of Trump comments, and he need to dial it down a little.
I agree. And I will mention Bill Clinton, but only in the sense that he was also able to work across the aisle with republicans......haven't seen that since
Newsflash for ya. Many bills have been signed into law, the Republicans had the house for some time now and more recently the senate. The president that signs those into law is a Democrat and he refuses to sign what he doesn't like. This party of no shit repeated by the left is stupid at best.
That was my point. Reagan worked with democrats and Clinton worked with republicans. Obama refuses to compromise. But, at the same time, republicans aren't presenting compromisable bills. Both parties are spiting each other at our expense
But budgets are getting passed so....
Only the bare minimum, though.
And, apparently, not enough to make it to the end of the year so we can avoid all this "government shutdown" bullshit

Of course you are wrong.

Oh, one other thing.

Dumbass.
And of course you are still wrong. The bill was Simpson-Mazzoli and Mazzoli was a Democrat.
Dumbshit.
That goes to my point of how the two parties used to work together rather than obstruct each other.
I consider myself a Reagan Republican, also. But I understand that he used to be the governor of a very liberal state and had to compromise for the sake of his state.
That pragmatic attitude followed him to the White House and that is what made him an even better LEADER than he was a republican.
Sadly, our current President lacks such leadership qualities

maybe you should read some of his speeches and ask yourself how different Trump is from Reagan, but I am sure you will disagree and try to paint Reagan as the second coming of Reagan.

Different times, and I'm not sure at the time that Reagan was right to play so nice to people who were so vile to him.

Yeah, right!

The fact is you need to have those like Cruz and Bush behind you, and if you do not and win the GOP nomination then you have no chance carrying the General Election because you have fracture the GOP.

Reagan united the party while Trump is dividing the party, and Reagan understood sometime you have to play nice to get more done.

A fracture GOP will not win in next November and I want you to mark my thread and bring it up and if I am wrong then I will write a full page thread admitting you were correct but if I am correct do not say a word and just read the warning that was given.

Reagan was a better leader than Trump will ever be!

We cons have not been the ones playing harder ball with our fellow republicans than with the dems.

That's been the County Club Republicans and their Establishment.

If they would rather lose than join in, there is nothing we can do about that.

My God!

So you would rather lose than compromise?

That is retarded as can be, and you have to work together and give and take and not tell those that do not agree with you that it is your way or the highway.

That is a dangerous way of thinking, and you need a coalition and a united front, and Trump is making clear he will not have that by the comments he has made against even Cruz.

When you are even attacking someone that is far right and calling the person a maniac you are not uniting but causing a split.

A Trump nomination will be a fail come next November but as i wrote I will put it in writing if he win I will do a thread pointing out the fact I was incorrect but if the GOP does nominate him and he loses just remember I wrote it and stated he will and did fracture the party and caused the defeat and no one is to blame but him!

Dude, I voted for McCain, Ok?

These fuckers owe me.

If Trump wins the nomination, it will be on them to join in and support the candidate.

They are the ones having a hissy fit because some one who isn't part of their little club might win.

And you oppose that part of your party because they care about maintaining America as a great world power through investment. Guess what, China and every first world nation does the same thing. Want to become somalia and just give it all up?

Of course you are wrong.

Oh, one other thing.

Dumbass.
Dumbshit.
That goes to my point of how the two parties used to work together rather than obstruct each other.
I consider myself a Reagan Republican, also. But I understand that he used to be the governor of a very liberal state and had to compromise for the sake of his state.
That pragmatic attitude followed him to the White House and that is what made him an even better LEADER than he was a republican.
Sadly, our current President lacks such leadership qualities
He lacks any leadership qualities. The ability to forge a compromise with those opposed to you is the mark of a leader. Obama has never demonstrated that.

He probably go back to being a democrat...wait...Obama won't let because he is to white.

Forum List

Back