Thank you president Trump!!! Korean war will officially be over..

I think I'm starting to understand white privilege. The yellow people have been working hard on a peace deal for decades with painstaking and nuanced negotiations. Yet a white man half the globe away gets all the credit for nothing more than a year's long tantrum.
why bring race into it?? it has nothing to do with it
you must be a racist

I think I will wait until it happens to pile accolades on anyone.

The rumors of peace are rather premature.

Those 'effin Koreans are a pita

why can't they just make walmart cha cha like the rest of Asia and be happy?

~S~

Removing the DMZ and moving back artillery will certainly help deescalate tensions, but it's a largely a symbolic gesture otherwise. They were as much "at war" as the US and Soviets were during the Cold War. Could you imagine soldiers 100 years ago looking into the future, and seeing soldiers making silly faces at each other over the DMZ, and calling it war? :lol:
Der Sitzkrieg?
tongue_smile.gif

Unless the North gives up their nuclear program this is a win for Korea, not Trump.

I disagree. How would it be a win for Korea? It would be a win for everyone.

Why are you hesitant to give any credit to Trump for helping this along? I mean, if KJU had a death wish, he would have kept launching his missiles into the Sea of Japan and provoking the US and its allies in the Pacific. But he stopped. I wonder why? Oh yes, because Trump threatened to bring the entire weight of the US military apparatus down on him if he didn't. He would have been glassed off the face of the world.

That's not a coincidence, that's good foreign policy. Even megalomaniacs like KJU understand that to keep your power, don't provoke those more powerful than you into attacking you.

Last edited:
I can't believe you left out Harry Truman. Thanks to timid Harry who was afraid of his own general, the conflict that should have been over in less than a year turned into a three year quagmire. Didn't Truman realize that the Chinese (and the Russians) were telling the truth that they would enter the war if Americans approached the Yalu border of Korea and China? What the hell was Truman thinking when his WW1 general was possibly overcome with a senior citizen mental condition and decided to send exhausted ill-equipped Troops to the Chinese border in the winter in the part of the world with the harshest winters? Thanks to Truman and MacArthur, who was finally fired, the conflict ate up anywhere from 35,000 to 50,000 Americans and we settled for an embarrassing "truce" and a legacy of permanent instability in the area. True to form the liberal media that never met a democrat they didn't like gave both Truman and MacArthur rave reviews.

It is being said that Jung has stated he wants normal relations with the United States..........It is also said that he would start get ridding Nukes for a Peace Treaty with the United States...........The road blocks are that we will not sign without him getting rid of the nukes............

Also at the table...........Jong will want our troops leaving it is rumored..........

So the meeting will be about how to resolve those 2 major points.........

Will it succeed.............who the hell knows........but they are at the table........

And all I here on this thread is TRUMP SUCKS............And a hope that it will fail..............

Shows somes true colors here.

Trump had as much to do with ending the war as Truman did starting it...

I can't believe you left out Harry Truman. Thanks to timid Harry who was afraid of his own general, the conflict that should have been over in less than a year turned into a three year quagmire. Didn't Truman realize that the Chinese (and the Russians) were telling the truth that they would enter the war if Americans approached the Yalu border of Korea and China? What the hell was Truman thinking when his WW1 general was possibly overcome with a senior citizen mental condition and decided to send exhausted ill-equipped Troops to the Chinese border in the winter in the part of the world with the harshest winters? Thanks to Truman and MacArthur, who was finally fired, the conflict ate up anywhere from 35,000 to 50,000 Americans and we settled for an embarrassing "truce" and a legacy of permanent instability in the area. True to form the liberal media that never met a democrat they didn't like gave both Truman and MacArthur rave reviews.
Rave reviews before or after Mac was fired?

Rave reviews before or after Mac was fired?
Truman just another idiot politician who causes us to lose Wars..............

Blow up half bridges..............lol

Not allowed to cut China's supply lines when you are fighting them..........not allowed to follow their fighters into their country when they attack the U.S. in Korea....

If you wanted to lose the War..........yeah...........that would do it.

Unless the North gives up their nuclear program this is a win for Korea, not Trump.

I disagree. How would it be a win for Korea? It would be a win for everyone.

Why are you hesitant to give any credit to Trump for helping this along? I mean, if KJU had a death wish, he would have kept launching his missiles into the Sea of Japan and provoking the US and its allies in the Pacific. But he stopped. I wonder why? Oh yes, because Trump threatened to bring the entire weight of the US military apparatus down on him if he didn't. He would have been glassed off the face of the world.

That's not a coincidence, that's good foreign policy. Even megalomaniacs like KJU understand that to keep your power, don't provoke those more powerful than you into attacking you.

We were very likely never going to attack him, and he knew it. It would be a disaster for our allies in South Korea and China. And even if the talks with South Korea go well it's highly unlikely that he's going to give up on his nuclear program. Their nuclear program has only accelerated since Trump has been in office. He's not reversing decades of his country's nuclear research because Trump bragged about the size of his button on Twitter.

We were very likely never going to attack him, and he knew it.

Then I'm curious as to why he chose now to enter into meaningful peace talks with South Korea and the United States? It reminds me all too much of the Iranian hostage crisis in one respect: in that as the president changed, so too did the mood of the malefactors involved.

I doubt highly President Moon Jae-in was able to pull this off completely by himself, he was using similar policies towards NK that Obama did while he was in office. I posit that he didn't want to take the risk of being attacked, whether the risk was high or low.

Last edited:
And even if the talks with South Korea go well it's highly unlikely that he's going to give up on his nuclear program. Their nuclear program has only accelerated since Trump has been in office.

It was given ample time to develop under Obama's purview as well. "Strategic patience" I believe was the phrase. And if it has accelerated, it might be only due to the fear of (drumroll please) being attacked by the United States.

So if he knew he wasn't going to be attacked, why would he suddenly ramp up development of his nuclear program?

Last edited:
Go trump!!

He did what Obama, bush, Ronnie, bill, nixion, Ford Carter, LBJ, Kennedy could not do......

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war
Sam Meredith | @smeredith19
Published 5 Hours Ago Updated 1 Min AgoCNBC.com
  • Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-In, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the military conflict between the two countries.
  • Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty.
105137343-3ED5-BL-Korea-041718.600x400.jpg

North and South Korea are in talks to announce a permanent end to the officially declared military conflict between the two countries, daily newspaper Munhwa Ilbo reported Tuesday, citing an unnamed South Korean official.

Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the confrontation.

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce an official end to war

God you people are dense. They have been having peace talks WITHOUT the US for months.

Go trump!!

He did what Obama, bush, Ronnie, bill, nixion, Ford Carter, LBJ, Kennedy could not do......

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war
Sam Meredith | @smeredith19
Published 5 Hours Ago Updated 1 Min AgoCNBC.com
  • Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-In, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the military conflict between the two countries.
  • Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty.
105137343-3ED5-BL-Korea-041718.600x400.jpg

North and South Korea are in talks to announce a permanent end to the officially declared military conflict between the two countries, daily newspaper Munhwa Ilbo reported Tuesday, citing an unnamed South Korean official.

Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the confrontation.

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce an official end to war

Kim Jong Un and Moon Jae-In representing the two countries at war will end it. Trump is not part of their talks. If they sign a peace deal, I'm sure Trump will claim that he's responsible.

Forum List

Back