That Ex Marine Held In Mexico?

So now we have two sources saying he had stayed at the Mexican hotel before going back across to get the guns.

This whole thing stinks.

Why are some willing to give this guy a break for PTSD but not the POW who was held in a dark box for two years?

I only posted one additional I gather, I saw several more.

Misguided partisans ask Obama to intervene for Marine jailed in Mexico*-*Los Angeles Times

So now we have two sources saying he had stayed at the Mexican hotel before going back across to get the guns.

This whole thing stinks.

Why are some willing to give this guy a break for PTSD but not the POW who was held in a dark box for two years?

I only posted one additional cite, I gather, I saw several more.

Misguided partisans ask Obama to intervene for Marine jailed in Mexico*-*Los Angeles Times

well actually, if i were about to enter a country 'accidentally' and for some reason couldn't turn around or avoid entry i'd go through a lane where I could talk to someone about exiting as quickly as I entered. or if i were carrying all my worldly possessions into a country i might also go through the declarations lane. and i definitely would go through a declarations lane if I had a loaded gun sitting next to me. seems like the type of thing you'd want to declare, doesn't it?

and from greta's reporting i see very clearly marked signage about where the road he took would take him.

Never been to Mexico, have you? Those lanes exist only in the imagination of idiots.

they exist at that crossing. on the far right.

why on earth do you think there would be a border crossing without the ability to declare stuff to customs? that's just fucking dumb.

Newsflash, idiot, you can declare customs at any lane crossing into Mexico, you are then directed to a secondary station to fill out the paperwork.

That said, you said you would go to the lane where you could talk to them about turning around, those lanes do not exist.

But, he had crossed once then he came back to the US side to get the guns and then crossed back to his Mexico hotel.

That fact would indicate he understood the crossing.

His story is that he walked across, and then came back and made a wrong turn coming out of the parking lot. I don't know why you have such a hard time following facts, must have something to do with being an asshole partisan that never admits he is wrong.

that is his story. the facts aren't exactly corroborating it. places like fox 'news' need to stop presenting his story as fact.

Because it is so simple to turn around at border crossings. Newsflash, asshole, that doesn't even work at the Canadian border. Maybe if you ever saw a border crossing you would understand the entire point the well informed people are making. I have been to Mexico numerous times, and even went through the same crossing the MArine did when he I was stationed in San Diego. You do not get to turn around until after you cross the border unless you are willing to drive off the crossing. Most people expect there to be a last chance to turn around, it ain't happening.

... he said, carefully ignoring what I have written several times.

:badgrin:

What did I ignore, oh he who has never admitted he is wrong? Is it the fact that you insist the guy is guilty? Is it the fact that you still insist that Zimmerman deliberately murdered Martin? Is it the fact that you suddenly believe in innocent until proven guilty when it makes when it comes to a soldier that walked away from his post in Afghanistan because it made Obama look bad?

here's the thing - Tahmooressi's guilt isn't in question. he broke the law. he will plea that there were mitigating factors and he didn't intend to break the law, but his guilt is not in question.

If you read the thread you will see I already said that because the law in Mexico is guilty until proven innocent, but thanks for catching up with me.

What lawyer? His case is disappearing as fast as Phil Robertsons No More Gray, Clive Bundy's friends.

Andrew Tahmooressi Fires Lawyer As Story Unravels – What next? - Noticias - SanDiegoRed

So, he checked into a Mexican hotel and then went back to the US, got the guns and returned to Mexico. This really is unraveling.

news_photo_53181_1401637621.png

Guess he didn't notice the signs.

news_photo_53181_1401637863.jpg

It was a foggy day?

What lawyer? His case is disappearing as fast as Phil Robertsons No More Gray, Clive Bundy's friends.

Andrew Tahmooressi Fires Lawyer As Story Unravels – What next? - Noticias - SanDiegoRed

So, he checked into a Mexican hotel and then went back to the US, got the guns and returned to Mexico. This really is unraveling.

news_photo_53181_1401637621.png

Guess he didn't notice the signs.

news_photo_53181_1401637863.jpg

It was a foggy day?

No, that's "......dark & stormy night.....":eusa_angel:

What did I ignore, oh he who has never admitted he is wrong? Is it the fact that you insist the guy is guilty? Is it the fact that you still insist that Zimmerman deliberately murdered Martin? Is it the fact that you suddenly believe in innocent until proven guilty when it makes when it comes to a soldier that walked away from his post in Afghanistan because it made Obama look bad?

here's the thing - Tahmooressi's guilt isn't in question. he broke the law. he will plea that there were mitigating factors and he didn't intend to break the law, but his guilt is not in question.

If you read the thread you will see I already said that because the law in Mexico is guilty until proven innocent, but thanks for catching up with me.

you misunderstand. it's not about mexico's presumption. he's guilty. he crossed the border with illegal weapons and ammo. there is not disputing that fact. he is guilty. period.

now try to catch up with everyone else:
1) the authorities in mexico say he never once told them he crossed by accident
2) there is a u-turn area to the far left Tahmooressi claims he could not reach it because he was too far to it's right
3) Tahmooressi had been in Mexico before and had a hotel room for that night
4) He chose not to go through a declarations lane, choosing instead to go through a 'nothing to delcare' lane.

i also take exception to the claim that he accidentally got in the wrong lane. the signage there, based upon pictures people are using to claim it's unclear, is exceptionally clear. it is my opinion that a person would have to be impaired to make the type of mistake we are supposed to believe Tahmooressi made. or are we to believe the marines are accepting illiterate recruits now?

Last edited:

you misunderstand. it's not about mexico's presumption. he's guilty. he crossed the border with illegal weapons and ammo. there is not disputing that fact. he is guilty. period.

now try to catch up with everyone else:
1) the authorities in mexico say he never once told them he crossed by accident
2) there is a u-turn area to the far left Tahmooressi claims he could not reach it because he was too far to it's right
3) Tahmooressi had been in Mexico before and had a hotel room for that night
4) He chose not to go through a declarations lane, choosing instead to go through a 'nothing to delcare' lane.

i also take exception to the claim that he accidentally got in the wrong lane. the signage there, based upon pictures people are using to claim it's unclear, is exceptionally clear. it is my opinion that a person would have to be impaired to make the type of mistake we are supposed to believe Tahmooressi made. or are we to believe the marines are accepting illiterate recruits now?

I don't misunderstand anything, you do. If this had been reversed and he had entered the US the presumption would be that he is not guilty, and nothing you could say, including claiming that he definitely did it, would change the fact that he is innocent. On the other hand, since the law in Mexico assumes he is guilty, he is. That is the way the law works, and you can blather all day long and not change the truth.

1. The authorities in Mexico are not known for their veracity anywhere outside the minds of ignorant idiots.
  2. And? Did you know that the border of Mexico is actually before you get to the booths? That would make any U-turn area inside Mexico, which, once again, makes me right, and you wrong. Since you already pointed out that simply crossing the border into Mexico makes him guilty the fact that there is away to turn around after that point is irrelevant.
  3. And he went back to the US, which is perfectly legal, and made a wrong turn when he was trying to leave the parking lot he was in. Again, what is your point?
  4. There is no real difference between the lanes, asshole. If he had gone through the declaration lane he would still have been guilty of breaking Mexican law, and still be in trouble. I have actually crossed the border into Mexico, so I actually know what I am talking about here, stop pretending you know what you are talking about.
Have you ever been within 100 miles of a border crossing? If not, stop taking exception to the facts.

I guess we need to give [MENTION=37219]QuantumWindbag[/MENTION] a break. After all, he does cross the border often to check on his equine boyfriend Pedro at the donkey bar.

"Whoa Pedro!" Giddyap!"

Last edited:
Personally I doubt his story about accidentally driving over the border but on the other hand the Attorney General and the ATF is guilty of shipping more than 3,000 times more guns across the border and they have yet to answer for it including the death of a Border Patrol Officer. How about exchanging Eric Holder for that former Marine?

If not, stop taking exception to the facts.

one of us is taking exception to the facts. i'll give you a hint - it's not me.

there is a u-turn area before the booths, inside the united states. that's a fact.
he claims to have made a wrong turn. i find that part of the story a bit incredible. the lanes are clearly marked. that too is a fact.
there is a difference between lanes. at a 'no declaration' lane, you don't declare anything. in the declarations lane you'll be directed to the customs facility, where you get to fill out paperwork. it may have made no difference, but it would go a long way, in my mind, towards this all being an honest mistake.

and i would like to inform you that there is a difference between guilty and convicted. in the us, you are presumed innocent, and must be proven guilty to be convicted. however, one's state of guilt or innocence is not dependent on the outcome of a trial. either a person is guilty, or they aren't. granted sometimes it gets a little more complicated, but in cases like this it's pretty cut and dry. either Tahmooressi entered the country with illegal weapons, or he didn't. he did. he's guilty. that's a fact, but feel free to take exception to it as well.

Last edited:
I guess we need to give @QuantumWindbag a break. After all, he does cross the border often to check on his equine boyfriend Pedro at the donkey bar.

"Whoa Pedro!" Giddyap!"

Why is it that people who think gay rights trump freedom are always the ones to accuse other people of being gay? Are they actually homophobes who are trying to hide the truth?

Newsflash, idiot, I am secure in my choices, nothing you say can upset me. In fact, I am willing to bet that if we got into a pissing contest over sexual kink I would make you puke before you even raised a slight level of disgust from me. You really should stay hiding under your mother's skirt if the best you have is accusing me of being a gay bestiality lover.

there is a u-turn area before the booths, inside the united states. that's a fact.
he claims to have made a wrong turn. i find that part of the story a bit incredible. the lanes are clearly marked. that too is a fact.
there is a difference between lanes. at a 'no declaration' lane, you don't declare anything. in the declarations lane you'll be directed to the customs facility, where you get to fill out paperwork. it may have made no difference, but it would go a long way, in my mind, towards this all being an honest mistake.

and i would like to inform you that there is a difference between guilty and convicted. in the us, you are presumed innocent, and must be proven guilty to be convicted. however, one's state of guilt or innocence is not dependent on the outcome of a trial. either a person is guilty, or they aren't. granted sometimes it gets a little more complicated, but in cases like this it's pretty cut and dry. either Tahmooressi entered the country with illegal weapons, or he didn't. he did. he's guilty. that's a fact, but feel free to take exception to it as well.

There is no U-Turn area.

I have pictures, all you have is a fantasy that you know something you do not.

mexicoborder_t700.jpg

There is no U-Turn area.

I have pictures, all you have is a fantasy that you know something you do not.

mexicoborder_t700.jpg
huh. those lanes don't look divided. also, i've got a picture too.
Tijuana.jpg

are you going to continue to take exception to facts?

Forum List

Back