That was the Awfullest speech I've ever heard a Pres make

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

Very disappointing all around and like I said, it gave me the creeps.

Trump's entire speech on 100th day - CNN Video

Most people don't pay attention to their 'sixth sense', when they sense something isn't right. It was clear to many and is becoming clear to most now that trump is a child trapped in a man's body. And he has the mentality and temper (or lack of) that a child has.

An astute observation that the crowds resembled the crowds for Kim Jong Un. Trump has praised a number of the vilest dictators around the world. He recently praised Kim Jong Un for doing a 'tough job at his age'. Trump is a danger to the Republic. He talks constantly about 'doing something about the press and the courts'. Doing something? Sorry chump you aren't a dictator and you have to eat the spoon fed shit the courts give you. The people that follow him don't operate on reason, they only operate on gut level emotion. This is true on a general level with conservatives but with trump followers it is an absolute.
The people that follow him don't operate on reason, they only operate on gut level emotion. This is true on a general level with conservatives but with trump followers it is an absolute.
I can't go that far; there are plenty of decent reasonable conservatives out there who for some reason thought they could control Trump once he got in office. I believe they were wrong and we will see more and more of the unpleasant side of him as he gets comfortable in his position. As you pointed out, the other two branches of government will hold him in check, so I'm not too worried about him demolishing the country. It's just disgusting to watch him.

However I didn't say 'the other two branches of government', I said the courts. The Republicans in Congress appear all too happy to let him do whatever he wants and I have no confidence that they will try to reign in his abuse of the Constitution. They themselves are guilty of it.
I was basing that on the fact that Congress has said no to Obamacare repeal and to funding the Wall. They could certainly change their minds, it's true.

Search Google for

"US government spending per pupil by year" and

"US test scores by year"

The dumber the American, the more likely that American will become dependent on government, and hence forever vote Dem.
OUT DAMNED SPOT! OUT, I SAY!
This is not a thread on the public school system, thank the Lord.

Hint - those receiving government checks are usually DEMOCRATS not LIBERTARIANS....

So Dexter.................in your opinion, where do the people who served this country honorably for over 20 years in the military fall? The government is giving those people checks for the rest of their life.

Does that make them democrats as well?

The government is giving those people checks for the rest of their life.

If you work 20 years and qualify for pension, you get pension.

That is different than the Democratic position, which is never work and scream

racism
sexism
homophobia
anti-transism
anti-martianism

and hold your hand out for a check without doing anything to deserve it.

Qualifying for a PENSION is different than BEING A USELESS LEECH who is only counted on to do one thing - show up every two years and vote Dem.

Last night's speech by Trump at his 100 Day Rally in Pennsylvania was truly stirring, but not in a good way. It was not only disappointing, it was frightening. As one CNN guest, a former governor, put it, "I feel like I need a shower."

Why was this one so bad, when I've watched so many others of his without feeling the need to growl at the television set like I did last night? It wasn't because I've lost my ability to listen to another's point of view. It wasn't that I've turned into a partisan froot loop who will automatically criticize everything the man says or does. It was because:

• During his rambling prelude, giving a 10 minute perfunctory slamming of the press, he wore the smug, self satisfied smirk of a bully safe in his position that would lead most parents to say "Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you."

• He spent a great deal of time deftly conflating the genuine concerns about MS-13 with all illegal immigrants and then to frost the cake, he read that damned "The Snake."

• He did spend a few minutes talking about his accomplishments in the first 100 days, but then spent the rest of the speech giving the exact same campaign promises that he has not actually been able to take the first steps toward. Last I knew, ISIS is no more "on the run" than it was at the end of Obama's term. Economic growth this quarter was .7%. When he mentioned the Wall, it was to say "Don't worry--we'll have a Wall." How? Since you just took it off the spending bill because Congress won't fund it? Yadda, yadda, yadda. He's making us safe, making us prosperous, making us GREAT.
Tbh, what bothered me the most was the way the crowd was reacting with their chanting on demand at the end of each of his pronouncements like a brainwashed proletariat. I was reminded of watching the NK parade--everyone in the crowd chanting exactly what the Boss wants to hear. That was actually the creepiest, most frightening part, what we seem to be turning into.

That was not a president's speech. It was the ill tempered rant of a man who smugly feels he can get away with anything, and who continues to ignore or demean the 60% of the country that doesn't approve of the job he's doing. It was mostly an old recycled stump speech from his glory days of the campaign, when any hollow promise goes.

I wonder if this is what it was like in Weimar?

It was a superb speech. It is to be expected that Trump bashers gonna bash. They can't even be taken seriously any more.

One of the shrewdest moves by Trump is forcing the reporters to cover his speech instead of going to that dinner.
Trump is a pussy who can't handle criticism, so he went and gave a campaign speech to a bunch of mindless bots.

The government is giving those people checks for the rest of their life.

If you work 20 years and qualify for pension, you get pension.

That is different than the Democratic position, which is never work and scream

racism
sexism
homophobia
anti-transism
anti-martianism

and hold your hand out for a check without doing anything to deserve it.

Qualifying for a PENSION is different than BEING A USELESS LEECH who is only counted on to do one thing - show up every two years and vote Dem.

Demonstrably a lie. The red states by far take the most federal welfare. The blue states pay in by far the most to federal coffers.

Conservatives that find a lie they love are like a pitbull that latches onto a towel. They never let go.

Sorry, I thought you were Dragonlady.

Nonetheless, President Trump's speech in Pennsylvania was a resounding success. Attending the loser convention aka correspondents dinner would have been nothing but a waste of time,

As far as results - there are 1360 more days in his first term .

And 1460 more days in his second term.

It took Obama 2960 days NOT to close Gitmo.

Patience, patience.
I guess maybe I didn't make it clear in my OP, but my problem is not with the conservative agenda, but with the man. We should not conflate the two. I don't agree with all the conservative agenda, but what I am having a little gut level reaction to this morning is the smugness and the propaganda hype bulloney instead of thoughtful intelligent speech to ALL the American people. I don't rush to seek out Trump's interviews or addresses anymore, but I thought a 100 Day Rally by the sitting President deserved an hour of my time. Maybe I need to start building a bit of a bubble there, like Care4All. Or maybe I shouldn't--should remain informed. I don't know. It troubled me.

There is a difference between the person and the political agenda. The two are different. I disagree with the agenda but it's not much different then the platform other republicans have run on. But I don't like what I've seen in the man.

Like he gives a shit about his supporters?
Heck, his proposed atrocious tax bill, his defunct health care bill, and his plan to send other people's children off to fight for the military industrial complex shows how much he cares.
---------------------------------------------------- i approve of all of that and woulda been at the Rally if it wasn't so far away JQP !!
Then i take it you have personally taken all of your 19 to 30 year old loved ones down to the local recruiter as military offerings to your elected god.?
------------------------------------- take it anyway you like but if you have young people [kiddos] you might want to start getting them ready for the 'norks' and iran that mrobama and other administration have allowed to prosper and build themselves up JQP !!
Hmmm. It seems Obama was listening to the American people when they collectively suggested they were tired of war. Also, surely you remember the economic mess Obama inherited, don't you? After all Republicans had destroyed the economy with unfunded wars and undermined the war effort by giving tax breaks to the rich. How was Obama expected to stop Iran or any other nation under those circumstances? He certainty couldn't rely on a hostile Congress; one top heavy with racist demagoguery.
-------------------------------------------------- mrobama kissed iranian azz with his nukes deal and transfer of billions of USA dollars to 'iran' .
Is there an echo in here? Or, are you just saying the same things over and over again for effec ? I already explained the reasons for the transfer. The nukes deal
was sealed with 41 congressional votes so Obana did not act alone.

I wonder if this is what it was like in Weimar?
I hope not. Seriously.

The red states by far take the most federal welfare.

You are defining military installations as "welfare."

If we required everyone receiving a government check to serve 4 years in the military before receiving a government check, you might have a point....

I hope not. Seriously.
I like to think that couldn't happen here for the simple fact that when Americans finally decide to act, we get on it pretty quick. Once we collectively decide things gotta change, its go time!

I hope not. Seriously.
I like to think that couldn't happen here for the simple fact that when Americans finally decide to act, we get on it pretty quick. Once we collectively decide things gotta change, its go time!
I think the three branches of government approach will keep him in check. The courts and the Congress are already on it. Although,
did you hear Trump invited Duterte to the White House? The people are going to be busy.....

Having the rally itself shows what a whiny little insecure bitch he is. He'll do anything for the feeling of people liking him.
He had to have an excuse for not going to the Correspondents' Dinner.
-------------------------------------- Trump has the Freedom to attend any event that he likes , no ones business but his business as to the events that he attends .

The White House Correspondents Dinner is HOSTED by the President at the White House. That's why it's called the WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS' DINNER. What kind of host invites you to dinner and then doesn't show up?
The only reason the White House is involved is because these folks work as the press pool inside the White House.
I think these degenerates should be sent down the road, because they are up to no good.

The only reason they went ahead with this farce is it's an attempt to embarrass the current administration and impede the smooth transition of power along with commit various seditious acts.

I thought it was one of his bestest speeches. :dunno:
Any particular reason, or did you just want to use 'bestest'?
I've always liked his speeches because the message never sounds fake and rehearsed.

And yes... I used "bestest" because of your thread title. :)
So much of it last night was retreads from the campaign that I'm surprised he was using the teleprompter so much. But you're right, his speeches are always in a conversational tone--although a bit louder than normal conversation, sometimes.

I thought it was one of his bestest speeches. :dunno:
Any particular reason, or did you just want to use 'bestest'?
I've always liked his speeches because the message never sounds fake and rehearsed.

And yes... I used "bestest" because of your thread title. :)
So much of it last night was retreads from the campaign that I'm surprised he was using the teleprompter so much. But you're right, his speeches are always in a conversational tone--although a bit louder than normal conversation, sometimes.

He may have them in a conversational tone, but his speeches are nothing but pure word salad, designed to inflame and incite people.

And, while he was a candidate, he had the right to kick those who didn't agree with him out of his rallies. As president however, he is supposed to be president for ALL Americans, even those that don't agree with him. I never saw Obama throw anyone out of his rallies, even when they showed up armed with rifles and pistols.

Forum List

Back