‘That White House is a real dump’: Trump openly trashes WH while visiting his golf course

As a student of history, this just sickens me to the core.
I believe you're serious.

It's sad you haven't an ounce of any perspective,

Yes, I am serious, and I have the knowledge of centuries of perspective -- and serious respect for a cherished American institution.
If this "sickens you to the core", you have zero perspective. But, drama? That's a real win for ya. :thup:
Some of us revere important historical symbols of America like the White House, and don't like to hear our president trashing it.

Others, do not. I guess you fall into the latter.
You worthless liberal traitors would trash Trump of he stated that the White House is the most beautiful building on earth.

I believe you're serious.

It's sad you haven't an ounce of any perspective,

Yes, I am serious, and I have the knowledge of centuries of perspective -- and serious respect for a cherished American institution.
If this "sickens you to the core", you have zero perspective. But, drama? That's a real win for ya. :thup:
Some of us revere important historical symbols of America like the White House, and don't like to hear our president trashing it.

Yeah, and it "sickens you to the core". :lmao: You have zero perspective....lots of hysterics and drama, though. :thup:
Yeah, someone has a different appreciation than you of iconic American historical institutions.

Calm down biscuit. Sounds like you have blood coming out of your....wherever.

The White House is not an institution.. it's a building. However, you guys trash the president 24/7 simply because you lost a damn election.

Why on earth would any American rally to defend this egregious Trump statement? How can it be defended honestly?

Anyone else remember the righteous anger at First Lady Michelle Obama when she said that, after the election of our first Black President, "I have never felt proud of my country until now."? There was context to explore, but Conservatives were as mad as wet hens.

Now Trump has the gall to call the White House a real dump. How many American citizens are living paycheck to paycheck and worry everyday about holding on to their own homes? How many Americans look to the White House with pride?

Yeah, and it "sickens you to the core". :lmao: You have zero perspective....lots of hysterics and drama, though. :thup:
Yeah, someone has a different appreciation than you of iconic American historical institutions.

The White House is not an institution.. it's a building. However, you guys trash the president 24/7 simply because you lost a damn election.
Simply because we lost an election? Really?

You don't consider the scandals and chaos and coarsening of the culture The Donald has left in his wake?

The election is history. Trump's antics are the cause of our outrage.

I would gladly take President Pence. At least I can respect him.

Why on earth would any American rally to defend this egregious Trump statement? How can it be defended honestly?

Anyone else remember the righteous anger at First Lady Michelle Obama when she said that, after the election of our first Black President, "I have never felt proud of my country until now."? There was context to explore, but Conservatives were as mad as wet hens.

Now Trump has the gall to call the White House a real dump. How many American citizens are living paycheck to paycheck and worry everyday about holding on to their own homes? How many Americans look to the White House with pride?
OMG!!!!!!!!!

The sky is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallng.

So literal...and, it's a golf magazine...now THAT'S news.

I bet you're sickened to the core, too. :lol:

Time reported he takes two scoops of ice cream on dessert, too. Sickening. To the core!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Time reported he takes two scoops of ice cream on dessert, too. Sickening. To the core!
That's your defense? I guess it's easier to attack the messenger than defend the message. And Trumpian idiots always opt for the easiest.

You don't consider the scandals and chaos and coarsening of the culture The Donald has left in his wake?

Odd, your antics started before the man set foot in 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue. Yet American citizens were unmasked, intelligence leaks, smashed hard drives, destroyed servers, destroyed cell phones, missing computer equipment, the husband of the SoC taking hundreds of thousands of $$ from a foreign government, and on and on and on. Nary a peep out of you lefties save idiotic rants of RUSSIA!! RUSSIA!!

Give me a break.

OMG!!!!!!!!!

That's your defense? I guess it's easier to attack the messenger than defend the message. And Trumpian idiots always opt for the easiest.
Of course it's not a defense. There's nothing to defend.

Leech onto this tidbit from a golf website...it's all you've got.

Well, there's always the "resist: movement...that's working out well, too.

Sickened...to the CORE! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah, it's a real dump.

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Of course it's not a defense. There's nothing to defend.

Leech onto this tidbit from a golf website...it's all you've got.

Well, there's always the "resist: movement...that's working out well, too.

Sickened...to the CORE! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah, it's a real dump.
That's not all I've got. From demeaning POWs to grabbing pussies to slamming immigrants to dissing women and Gays and minorities the antics of Donald Trump go on and on.

He is a petulant little man unworthy of respect. And those who defend his antics are fools who drank the koolaid and will go down as a cult of personality devoid of standards and public morality.

OMG!!!!!!!!!

Since the time you first came here, and were posting like 150 posts a day for over a year -- you & I came to full-on horns in disagreement, then -- later, with time, we seemed to come to an understanding a few years back, and even reconciled to some degree.

I haven't seen you around for some time now, but it seems you've gulped the Cult 45 Membership with full agog.

Sad, for someone I came to appreciate as having a functioning noggin, better than some of your peers.

I guess Trumpism really steals a persons brain. I just witnessed it tonight.

Since the time you first came here, and were posting like 150 posts a day for over a year -- you & I came to full-on horns in disagreement, then -- later, with time, we seemed to come to an understanding a few years back, and even reconciled to some degree.

I haven't seen you around for some time now, but it seems you've gulped the Cult 45 Membership with full agog.

Sad, for someone I came to appreciate as having a functioning noggin, better than some of your peers.

Forgive me if your perception of me...or this tidbit of alleged news...doesn't hold much water.

When someone is hysterical over something like this, from some sort of "source" such as this...saying they are sickened to the core about this....I have to ridicule because it is ridiculous.

What makes it funnier is you, and others, are serious.

Forgive me if your perception of me...or this tidbit of alleged news...doesn't hold much water.

When someone is hysterical over something like this, from some sort of "source" such as this...saying they are sickened to the core about this....I have to ridicule because it is ridiculous.

You're whacked in the head if you think one is "hysterical" about this, but I guess you need to play the hyperbole game to suit your Trumpism --it's par.

The fact you take enormous issue with me taking issue that the leader of our country calls the White House "a Dump" says a lot more about you than it does me.

You're whacked in the head if you think one is "hysterical" about this, but I guess you need to play the hyperbole game to suit your Trumpism --

The fact you take enormous issue with me taking issue that the leader of our country calls the White House "a Dump" says a lot more about you than it does me.
Being "sickened to the core" about this is not hysterics. :lol:

The fact that you find this a source is stunning, or, if true, you take it literally.. The desperate latch onto any driftwood.

You're whacked in the head if you think one is "hysterical" about this, but I guess you need to play the hyperbole game to suit your Trumpism --

Being "sickened to the core" about this is not hysterics. :lol:

The fact that you find this a source is stunning, or, if true, you take it literally.. The desperate latch onto any driftwood.
Go eat a biscuit, cupcake.

What's a golf journalist? :lol:
Is this a difficult concept for you?

Alan Shipnuck
Senior Writer, Sports Illustrated

Alan Shipnuck wrote his first cover story for Sports Illustrated as a 21-year-old intern in 1994. Like his cover subject, Ken Griffey Jr., Shipnuck matured into one of the best of his profession. When he was hired in 1996, he became the youngest staff writer staff writer in SI's history. Now a senior writer at the magazine, he writes regularly on golf and has been honored multiple times by the Golf Writers Association of America. In 2008 he became the first writer to finish first in the same year in both the feature and news writing categories in the Golf Writers Association of America annual writing contest.

Though he specializes in golf for SI and Golf.com, Shipnuck has written on a variety of topics, including the 2007 (Brett Favre) and 2008 Sportsman of the Year (Michael Phelps). He currently writes a popular weekly column, Heroes and Zeroes, for Golf.com. His first book, Bud, Sweat & Tees, was published in 2001 and followed misadventures of unknown PGA Tour rookie Rich Beem and his caddie, Steve Duplantis. The book became a best seller after Beem's stunning victory at the 2002 PGA Championship. He is also the author ofThe Battle for Augusta National: Hootie, Martha, and the Masters of the Universe, which was published to excellent reviews in 2004; Publishers Weekly said Shipnuck "superbly recounts all of the debacle's hilarious, sad, serious and absurd details." His most recent book is The Swinger, a raucous novel written with fellow senior writer Michael Bamberger and released in July 2011. Shipnuck has also been a contributor to Artworks Magazine, Travel & Leisure Golf, Golf & Travel and Golf for Women and has appeared on CNN, NBC'sTODAY and ESPN's SportsCentury series, in addition to numerous other television and radio shows.

Alan Shipnuck

Odd, your antics started before the man set foot in 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue. Yet American citizens were unmasked, intelligence leaks, smashed hard drives, destroyed servers, destroyed cell phones, missing computer equipment, the husband of the SoC taking hundreds of thousands of $$ from a foreign government, and on and on and on. Nary a peep out of you lefties save idiotic rants of RUSSIA!! RUSSIA!!

Give me a break.

Soggy No Load demonstrates perfectly how uninformed Trump voters are.

Hate to tell you Soggy No Load, but the address is actually 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, not 1400. Here............educate yourself.......

The White House is the official residence and workplace of the President of the United States, located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C. It has been the residence of every U.S. president since John Adams in 1800. The term White House is often used as a metonym for the president and his advisers, as in "The White House announced that...".

The residence was designed by Irish-born architect James Hoban[2] in the Neoclassical style. Construction took place between 1792 and 1800 using Aquia Creek sandstone painted white. When Thomas Jefferson moved into the house in 1801, he (with architect Benjamin Henry Latrobe) added low colonnades on each wing that concealed stables and storage.[3] In 1814, during the War of 1812, the mansion was set ablaze by the British Army in the Burning of Washington, destroying the interior and charring much of the exterior. Reconstruction began almost immediately, and President James Monroe moved into the partially reconstructed Executive Residence in October 1817. Exterior construction continued with the addition of the semi-circular South portico in 1824 and the North portico in 1829.

Because of crowding within the executive mansion itself, President Theodore Roosevelt had all work offices relocated to the newly constructed West Wing in 1901. Eight years later in 1909, President William Howard Taft expanded the West Wing and created the first Oval Office, which was eventually moved as the section was expanded. In the main mansion, the third-floor attic was converted to living quarters in 1927 by augmenting the existing hip roof with long shed dormers. A newly constructed East Wing was used as a reception area for social events; Jefferson's colonnades connected the new wings. East Wing alterations were completed in 1946, creating additional office space. By 1948, the house's load-bearing exterior walls and internal wood beams were found to be close to failure. Under Harry S. Truman, the interior rooms were completely dismantled and a new internal load-bearing steel frame constructed inside the walls. Once this work was completed, the interior rooms were rebuilt.

The modern-day White House complex includes the Executive Residence, West Wing, East Wing, the Eisenhower Executive Office Building—the former State Department, which now houses offices for the President's staff and the Vice President—and Blair House, a guest residence. The Executive Residence is made up of six stories—the Ground Floor, State Floor, Second Floor, and Third Floor, as well as a two-story basement. The property is a National Heritage Site owned by the National Park Service and is part of the President's Park. In 2007, it was ranked second[4] on the American Institute of Architects list of "America's Favorite Architecture".

White House - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back