The $100/hr. Minimum Wage idea I presented isn't popular?

His plan addresses and fixes problems of the middle class, eliminates the poor, and helps the small business, retirees and in addition gives government a lot more income. It would boost the economy. It would give everyone more disposable income.

Please tell me why this plan doesn't work?

Minimum wage is the base for all salaries. I proven my case, Boss hasn't.

You still haven't explained why it won't work. Another liberal fail.

A great base is $100 per hour. $4000 a week would help many Americans payoff their debts and buy homes and fulfill their dreams of nice cars, dream vacations. What do you not want the poor to be rich?

Ahh... So raising the MW will increase salaries across the board? That seems contradictory to what we've been shown with all the graphs and charts. But still, so what? Isn't the idea to raise people's wages to something decent? What's wrong with all salaries going up? More people with money in their pocket to spend, right?

I don't see where you've proven anything. In fact, here you seem to be contradicting your own principle argument. On one hand, you argue that a $15 MW helps the "working poor" and doesn't harm the economy or influence anything else... but when we raise it to $100, that is catastrophic and would cause all salaries to rise in proportion.

And hey... why can't we just pass a law to prevent capitalists from raising salaries based on the new MW? We simply say that if you are currently making more than $100/hr., your salary can't change. If you are making less than $100/hr., your salary is now $100/hr.. the new minimum wage.

It isn't a matter of raising peoples salaries to 'something decent,' It's a matter of raising the minimum wage the same percentage of cost increases.

$100 is a living wage. I thought you wanted a living wage for all?

For it to be $23.50 an hour doesn't help the poor fulfill their dreams, new reliable transportation, nice homes in better neighborhoods. Through taxes better infrastructure, more research and development and on and on. Not seeing the down side. Please tell me the down side.

Ahh... So raising the MW will increase salaries across the board? That seems contradictory to what we've been shown with all the graphs and charts. But still, so what? Isn't the idea to raise people's wages to something decent? What's wrong with all salaries going up? More people with money in their pocket to spend, right?

I don't see where you've proven anything. In fact, here you seem to be contradicting your own principle argument. On one hand, you argue that a $15 MW helps the "working poor" and doesn't harm the economy or influence anything else... but when we raise it to $100, that is catastrophic and would cause all salaries to rise in proportion.

And hey... why can't we just pass a law to prevent capitalists from raising salaries based on the new MW? We simply say that if you are currently making more than $100/hr., your salary can't change. If you are making less than $100/hr., your salary is now $100/hr.. the new minimum wage.

It isn't a matter of raising peoples salaries to 'something decent,' It's a matter of raising the minimum wage the same percentage of cost increases.

$100 is a living wage. I thought you wanted a living wage for all?

For it to be $23.50 an hour doesn't help the poor fulfill their dreams, new reliable transportation, nice homes in better neighborhoods. Through taxes better infrastructure, more research and development and on and on. Not seeing the down side. Please tell me the down side.

no down side!! All other countries on earth can adopt this method and not only eliminate poverty but make everybody rich too. This should have been thought of centuries ago!!

Forum List

Back