The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

If I were you, I'd want the Yankees. Hillary Clinton curse. :lol::lol::lol:
She isn't in NY, but that isn't 'the curse'.

NY hasn't won a world series with a GoP potus since Ike.

But they have under every democrat going back to FDR....

I'd take the Giants' top two starters over the entire Braves staff.

no question...

lincecum and cain are studs

the best 1 and 2 in the NL.

We beat the crap out of Lincecum last week.

It was great. He looked so confused.

Oh yeah really beat the crap out of him by scoring 4 runs:cuckoo:

If the Giants offense wasn't so anemic we would have won that game. So somebody FINALLY hit a homerun off of him. A 3 run homer which means they weren't stringing hits together.
Trust me, the Bravos DONT want to see tiny tim again.

no question...

lincecum and cain are studs

the best 1 and 2 in the NL.

We beat the crap out of Lincecum last week.

It was great. He looked so confused.

Oh yeah really beat the crap out of him by scoring 4 runs:cuckoo:

If the Giants offense wasn't so anemic we would have won that game. So somebody FINALLY hit a homerun off of him. A 3 run homer which means they weren't stringing hits together.
Trust me, the Bravos DONT want to see tiny tim again.

Chrissy Ted Fonda Lewinsky is just as clueless about baseball as he is about politics.

Yeah, pitching is the main reason you haven't been this good since '04, X.

I've been saying for a while now though, SF is one big bat away from being a powerhouse.

But you just don't trade a pitcher with cy young potential for that bat, sorry.

Yes you do. Look at the Dodgers. They have a comfortable lead on us and don't even have 1 guy as good as cain or lincecum.
Adding a Pujols will win you close to 50 games because of the positive effects he would have on a guy like Pablo Sandoval and Freddy Sanchez. I still do Cain for Pujols.

I heard the phils swept the Cubs at wrigley. Hope we don't have to play Philly in October.

If the Giants get in and Zito is pitching well. They will win the world series. Nobody wants to see that staff in 7 game series, let alone a 5 gamer.

Yeah, pitching is the main reason you haven't been this good since '04, X.

I've been saying for a while now though, SF is one big bat away from being a powerhouse.

But you just don't trade a pitcher with cy young potential for that bat, sorry.

Yes you do. Look at the Dodgers. They have a comfortable lead on us and don't even have 1 guy as good as cain or lincecum.
Adding a Pujols will win you close to 50 games because of the positive effects he would have on a guy like Pablo Sandoval and Freddy Sanchez. I still do Cain for Pujols.

Yes, in a heart beat, trade Cain for Pujols. That trade would permit the Giants a real chance to catch the beloved Dodgers. Beloved of whom? Anybody who loves baseball.

truth...you are wrong..

Haven't the past 6 years of Yankee failures shown you that bats don't get you rings.

A good bat will do nothing against solid pitching.

Yankees kept signing big bats and had meidocre pitching and bullpen.

Now they have CC/AJ/Joba as a 1,2,3 and Pettite who is pitching as good as anyone right now.

Pitching always wins the rings not a bat.

You would be a fool to trade cain for manny str8 esp since manny is getting old.

Also, I wouldn't be worried seeing the giant staff in a series, because after Lincecum and cain, you got nothing.

Zito sucks, and randy johnson sucks also...they got smacked around in the AL and had to run to an inferior National League.

Always remember as good as a pitcher is in the NL that era would be +1 in the AL...and I'll throw CC and AJ against Lincecum and Cain...I'm sure the Article will agree he will throw Beckett and Lester against them also.

truth...you are wrong..

Haven't the past 6 years of Yankee failures shown you that bats don't get you rings.

Now they have CC/AJ/Joba as a 1,2,3 and Pettite who is pitching as good as anyone right now.

You would be a fool to trade cain for manny str8 esp since manny is getting old.

Also, I wouldn't be worried seeing the giant staff in a series, because after Lincecum and cain, you got nothing.

Zito sucks, and randy johnson sucks also...they got smacked around in the AL and had to run to an inferior National League.

Always remember as good as a pitcher is in the NL that era would be +1 in the AL...and I'll throw CC and AJ against Lincecum and Cain...I'm sure the Article will agree he will throw Beckett and Lester against them also.

Dodger fans don't have to worry about Manny getting old. He'll just juice up and play until he's 50.

Also, I don't even think the dodgers will win the division and if they do it will be narrowly.

Torre is a great manager but there is one thing he has always sucked at and noone can argue this with me cause I watched him for 12 years.

He is awful at managing his bullpen...he is overextending the dodger pen like he did with the yanks and they ain't gonna have anything in the tank come october.

the dodgers are 14-13 since the all star break

500 baseball...not exactly stellar

Also, I don't even think the dodgers will win the division and if they do it will be narrowly.

Torre is a great manager but there is one thing he has always sucked at and noone can argue this with me cause I watched him for 12 years.

He is awful at managing his bullpen...he is overextending the dodger pen like he did with the yanks and they ain't gonna have anything in the tank come october.

So you think Rivera was overextended in 2001, and that's why the Yanks lost?

So you think Rivera was overextended in 2001, and that's why the Yanks lost?

the bullpen was more then Rivera

Torre's Pen whoever the pitchers were usually had the most innings pitched for a span for 4-5 years

truth...you are wrong..

Dodger fans don't have to worry about Manny getting old. He'll just juice up and play until he's 50.

That's funny and probably true.

. . . the bats will come back and there will be a ten or eleven game winning streak in all that, leaving the Giants to wave bye-bye in the dust of the Dodger bus.

Now whether the Dodgers can get into the WS is another matter. If Giants get wild card and Dodgers win the league percentage out right, every fan of the blue is hoping the Giants get whipped in the first series. NOBODY wants to face the Giants in a less that 162 game season.

truth...you are wrong..

The Yankees have had NO pitching the last few years and all hitting. Thats the reason they haven't won the world series. But at least they have always either been in the playoffs or had a chance because of their great hitting. If they would have gotten better playoff pitching performances from their mediocre staff, they could have won a world series with offense alone.

It is not great pitching that wins championships. Usually winners have great pitching. But what is a 100% fact is that you must OUTSCORE your oponnent to win. If the other team scores 1 run and you score 0, you lose. What is ignored most often is that these great pitching championship teams also had at least a solid respectable offense behind them. The Giants are still not quite there yet. That's why they need a bat more than an arm.

I'm only talking about value for one seasons production. Not considering aging.

First that's not a very wise assumption. If the teams facing the Giants had the same view as you and underestimated them they would get boatraced. Zito has thrived since the All-Star break, following a pattern he established years ago. He's 3-1 with a 2.32 ERA in five second-half starts. Jonathan Sanchez has contined to be a solid starter since his no-hitter, which he has shown he is nearly unhittable when he has his command. That's hardly the "nothing" you talk about. Also consider that in a 5 game series you would see Lincecum, Cain, Zito, Lincecum, Cain. I take the Giants in a series like that over ANY team.

In a 7-game set: Lincecum, Cain, Zito, Sanchez(threw a no-hitter), Lincecum, Cain, Zito.

Total BS:eusa_liar:

You talk about AJ and CC and how great American League pitching is. Did it ever occur to you that they were both National League pitchers that came over to the AL? Or did it ever occur to you that AL Pitchers have to face an extra hitter every game instead of the pitcher? That's why AL pitchers have higher era's.

The leagues are equal when they face each other. All Star games don't even count. Cain and Lincecum are a better pair than either of those pairs you mentioned. Where the giants would need to show up is in the ability to score a few more runs. I blame Bruce Bochy for his lack of offensive managing skill on that one.

Andrew is parttly correct Torre does not do well with bullpens, he wears them out through over use.

He's wrong in saying he's a good manager.

He's a good PR guy and good with players.

He sucks with on the field decision making, he won 4 with NY because Don Zimmer was making those calls.

They fired Zim after 2001, and Torre never won again, and NY suddenly didn't look sharp and smart anymore, they became an all or nothing power club.

Clueless Joe blows as a manager, the dodgers will never win a championship with him.

Just ask the Cards, Braves and Mets if they think Torre is such a genius.

Forum List

Back