The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

The Dodgers are the best, and all the rest are just the rest.

Simple math for simple folks, huh.

The Dodgers are the best, and all the rest are just the rest.

Simple math for simple folks, huh.

Oh Great, A Dodger fan too! No wonder we can't stop arguing. Time to slap you guys with a little Timmy tonight.:slap: You guys deserve it after the whipping you guys gave us last night:whip: Go Giants!!

Last edited:
Giants? Oh, man, I had hopes for you, but now . . . Dodgers will roll on.

I wish the Dodgers had some of your pitching, though.

Giants? Oh, man, I had hopes for you, but now . . . Dodgers will roll on.

I wish the Dodgers had some of your pitching, though.

Matt Cain for Manny Ramirez, straight up. Then we could have a real series.

Manny is out of baseball in 2 years, Cain will be dominent for a decade.

probably better to say a younger Manny type-player. Perhaps Ryan Braun.

You're still fucking crazy.

Not only is Braun not Manny-like at all, he's not worth Cain. Why would you give up a pitcher like Cain for one bat?

I'd take a stud hitter over any stud pitcher because he plays every day. Especially if you are a Giants fan. Not if I play for the phillies.

Look at the dodgers. They have far inferior pitching to the Giants, but they are mopping the floor with us because we struggle to score 3 runs every game.

I know Cain is the truth. I watch every game he pitches. But it's exasperating when we just can't score and we have to win 2-1 or something like that every game. You mean you wouldn't trade Pujols for Cain?

Last edited:
probably better to say a younger Manny type-player. Perhaps Ryan Braun.

You're still fucking crazy.

Not only is Braun not Manny-like at all, he's not worth Cain. Why would you give up a pitcher like Cain for one bat?

I'd take a stud hitter over any stud pitcher because he plays every day. Especially if you are a Giants fan. Not if I play for the phillies.

Look at the dodgers. They have far inferior pitching to the Giants, but they are mopping the floor with us because we struggle to score 3 runs every game.

I know Cain is the truth. I watch every game he pitches. But it's exasperating when we just can't score and we have to win 2-1 or something like that every game. You mean you wouldn't trade Pujols for Cain?

But you don't give up your second best pitcher, and one that could be a #1 on most MLB teams. Cain could win 20 games, and still be the main reason why you won a host of others that he didn't get a decision in as well. The chances that one bat can win 20-30 games is slim. You take out Cain, and you guys aren't even in contention for the wild card. Probably in last place.

Pitching is ALWAYS more valuable than hitting. Case in point, you guys are in the wild card chase.

Cain for Pujols? No. I'd want a stud pitching prospect added in at the very least. I might consider Pujols alone if I had a prospect in the minors that was ready to come up to the bigs that had incredible stuff. Someone I could hopefully count on to replace Cain's numbers.

Otherwise, if the bat helps you score one more run per game average, and the pitcher who replaces Cain gives up TWO more on average, you lose. Considering Cain's era is 2.44, and the league average is 4.33, that is a very real possibility.

You can't put a price tag on those two runs less per game than the league average.

Last edited:
Paulie is right, NY would not be in first without CC & AJ, and last year we had Arod and finished out of the money.

Pitching is everything.

Yeah, pitching is the main reason you haven't been this good since '04, X.

I've been saying for a while now though, SF is one big bat away from being a powerhouse.

But you just don't trade a pitcher with cy young potential for that bat, sorry.

I heard the phils swept the Cubs at wrigley. Hope we don't have to play Philly in October.

He fell off after the 4th. He looked like Pedro circa 1990's in the first 4.

All we can hope for is he builds his stamina up to be able to give 5 or 6 per start. It's not like Moyer gave much more than that anyway.

As I predicted, the Braves are gaining on the Phillies.

The Braves will win the division.

Forum List

Back