The 2013 war on Christmas has begun!!!

I don't think you do have a good handle on your own thread. You titled your thread "the war on Christmas" but then you try to say that there isn't one in later posts. You know God Damn well there is one. Everyone reading this has heard smarmy little pimply faced clerks say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Bill O' Reilly has nothing to do with this. There is a war on Christmas and other Christian holidays and if you try to play it off as nothing it just makes you look ignorant.

Oh, I have a very good handle on my own thread. You see to think I did not mean the OP ironically.

I've read your OP and your thread. If English isn't your second language you lose.

I master more languages than you can count with both hands, but English is still my mother tongue.

The intent of the OP is quite clear: there is NO WAR ON CHRISTMAS, it is a form of manufactured faux outrage, designed to make Christians think they are being persecuted. They are not. Christmas is still the most celebrated, most advertised, most powerful holiday on the face of the planet. So, what in the world do Right-Wing nutbags have to complain about? They bitch and moan because the crazies among them think this is a left wing conspiracy to make us all G-dless and some such bullshit.

None of it is true. Bill O'Reilly is just ginning up his ratings and earning extra money by doing this kind of stuff. What a shame. And what a shame that you do not see it.

Oh, I have a very good handle on my own thread. You see to think I did not mean the OP ironically.

I've read your OP and your thread. If English isn't your second language you lose.

I master more languages than you can count with both hands, but English is still my mother tongue.

The intent of the OP is quite clear: there is NO WAR ON CHRISTMAS, it is a form of manufactured faux outrage, designed to make Christians think they are being persecuted. They are not. Christmas is still the most celebrated, most advertised, most powerful holiday on the face of the planet. So, what in the world do Right-Wing nutbags have to complain about? They bitch and moan because the crazies among them think this is a left wing conspiracy to make us all G-dless and some such bullshit.

None of it is true. Bill O'Reilly is just ginning up his ratings and earning extra money by doing this kind of stuff. What a shame. And what a shame that you do not see it.

I know many right wing folks that would agree with you.
This is not a left versus right thing as most aren't.
The religious right, or wrong as I label them, are behind the War on Christmas bandwagon, not the right wing. And many Democrats are also evangelicals and claim this.

I know many right wing folks that would agree with you.
This is not a left versus right thing as most aren't.
The religious right, or wrong as I label them, are behind the War on Christmas bandwagon, not the right wing. And many Democrats are also evangelicals and claim this.

It all comes down to....This is OUR Holiday Season

The rest of you cannot be acknowledged

Republicans are at war on:

Gays
Women
Blacks
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists
College Professors

That much is clear.

Republicans complain about an imaginary "War on Christmas". It's called "deflection".

It's so clear that no Republican knows about it. Go figure:)

How can someone exercise a Constitutional right to practice whatever religion they want if they aren't practicing a religion?

As I said, if people really want to celebrate it, let them. But let's not say it's a religious holiday when it's not.

The point (I just made) was that they're practicing their right to freely express themselves in any way they like (peacefully). Religion or not, the First still protects all free speech in general. Doesn't need to be to a God or whatnot.

I don't disagree that all free speech is protected. but that's not what you said. You specifically said they have a right to practice their religion freely. So I asked what religion Kwanza is practicing.

When I went to school, we celebrated different holidays. My teacher celebrated Hanukah and lit a candle every day for the students who were Jewish and I was okay with that. We had a Christmas tree for Christmas. We gave out Christmas cards and exchanged gifts. You can't do that today.

If I buy something at Target, the cashier says, "Happy Holiday" so I say, "And what Holiday is that?"

When I went to school, we celebrated different holidays. My teacher celebrated Hanukah and lit a candle every day for the students who were Jewish and I was okay with that. We had a Christmas tree for Christmas. We gave out Christmas cards and exchanged gifts. You can't do that today.

If I buy something at Target, the cashier says, "Happy Holiday" so I say, "And what Holiday is that?"

My response would be "Why do you ask?"

Because I don't celebrate Kwanza so I wish to know which Holiday I'm supposed to acknowledge them on.

Because I don't celebrate Kwanza so I wish to know which Holiday I'm supposed to acknowledge them on.

The cashier would find you very confused.

There's nothing wrong with saying "Merry Christmas". The only reason for the Holiday is Christmas yet some people I run into refuse to say Christmas. It's Christmas...not "the Holidays". If you're one of those people who refuse to say "Christmas", you're a pussy. Just say it because without "Christmas" you wouldn't have "the Holidays".

Actually, anyone who gets offended by what someone else doesn't say, is a serious fucking pussy.

neg'd

There's nothing wrong with saying "Merry Christmas". The only reason for the Holiday is Christmas yet some people I run into refuse to say Christmas. It's Christmas...not "the Holidays". If you're one of those people who refuse to say "Christmas", you're a pussy. Just say it because without "Christmas" you wouldn't have "the Holidays".

Actually, anyone who gets offended by what someone else doesn't say, is a serious fucking pussy.

neg'd

Happy Brown Shoes Day. Today is Brown Shoes day.

What color shoes are you wearing today?

The cashier would find you very confused.

Happy Brown Shoes Day. What color shoes are you wearing? I'm not confused. I know what Holiday it is today.

December 4th is Happy Brown Shoes Day. Happy Brown Shoes Day!!!

neg'd

I'm not familiar with brown shoe day, but I hope it all works out for you.

neg'd

I'm not familiar with brown shoe day, but I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you. It is a real obscure Holiday.

December 4 Holidays - Wear Brown Shoes Day at Holiday Insights

In case you didn't know, today's sock color is brown.

So you're saying that a pair of red chuck taylor high tops isn't cutting it then?

Its okay. We can try again next year.

Tomorrow is Bathtub Party Day.

When : Always December 5

Bathtub Party Day is today. Draw yourself a tub full of warm water. Add a few bath oil beads, and Voila! You're ready to hop in and "soak it" in the bathtub. Ahh, how soothing and relaxing!

Don't let anything disturb the peace, quiet, and serenity of your bath. Turn off your cell phone. Put on your favorite CDs to a volume where you can't hear the doorbell ring.

The creators of this day at Wellcat.com encourage you to invite a friend to your bathtub party. Light some candles. Open a bottle of wine, and have some snacks within reach. It's sure going to be a great time.

December 5 Holidays - Bathtub Party Day at Holiday Insights

Forum List

Back