The 2014 Charlton Heston Postal stamp

The USPS has announced that Heston will be honored

with his own stamp this year

CharlestonHeston.png

Charlton Heston, Forever | USPS Stamps

And that was the best picture they could come up with?
He should be sucking the barrel of a gun.

Yeah, someone who entertained millions, worked with honor and integrity, worked for civil rights and to protect constitutional rights should always be hated.

lol

Weird set of priorities you have there.

But at least you are consistent in your lack of intelligent postings on these forums.

There are literally thousands of US stamps related to pop culture. Collect them or ignore them but at least you don't have to lick their backsides anymore.

I like Heston, but commemorative stamps are a waste of money. The Postal Service is losing money hand over fist- instead of wasting taxpayer money creating special stamps for dead people, ducks, and railroads -they should devote themselves to fiscal sanity.

You may resume your regularly scheduled ambivalence.......

:lol:

are they?....it costs approx $40,000 to develop a Commemorative Stamp.....the Commemoratives generate around 250-350 million Dollars a year in Revenue....at my office they always sold out....

Yeah, someone who entertained millions, worked with honor and integrity, worked for civil rights and to protect constitutional rights should always be hated.

lol

But at least you are consistent in your lack of intelligent postings on these forums.
Did they have to yank that wig off his cold dead head? :lmao:

lol

I find it amusing that you know he wore a wig, but were apparently unaware of the facts concerning the hatchet job Michael Moore did on him.

Once again, weird priorities. I'm rather fond of relevant facts and truths. You don't seem to share that fondness.

lol

I find it amusing that you know he wore a wig, but were apparently unaware of the facts concerning the hatchet job Michael Moore did on him.

Once again, weird priorities. I'm rather fond of relevant facts and truths. You don't seem to share that fondness.

I saw the MM interview. Charlie walked out because he can't defend his position, except with stupidities like the cold dead hand comment. He was also a total ham as an actor.

I like Heston, but commemorative stamps are a waste of money. The Postal Service is losing money hand over fist- instead of wasting taxpayer money creating special stamps for dead people, ducks, and railroads -they should devote themselves to fiscal sanity.

Tell the simians, who populate the majority of the union jobs at the postal service to get off their collective grossly obese asses and actually get some fucking work done and maybe anyone would give a shit about the service. The simians don't obviously. As long as their union bosses keeps shaking down Obama nothing will change.
There are ten union postal workers keeping warm in thousands of postal outlets that if it were the private sector three employees could do the job. The US postal service has basically become one of the only places were tens of thousands of Blacks with an IQ of 80 can be paid twenty five bucks an hour for accomplishing SFA. And some wonder why the postal service is failing. WOW! Blacks make up about 13% of the population and about 20% of postal workers are Black. Do the math. The average salary for postal employees involved with delivery of the mail is about $55,000 a year. Do the math.

come on down and carry a route Danny.....we have seen lots of guys like you come in work a few days and then quit....and if you think 3 guys can carry 10 routes....then yea, come on down show us how its done....those guys can use a good laugh....

I saw the MM interview. Charlie walked out because he can't defend his position, except with stupidities like the cold dead hand comment. He was also a total ham as an actor.

The Michael Moore interview?? LMAO!! That was a hack job edited to discredit Heston.

Yeah, you claim he was a ham and yet he was voted one of the top actors of all time. lol

The USPS has announced that Heston will be honored

with his own stamp this year

]

I'm not a fan of how Heston let himself be used at the end of his career by the National Rampage Association.

But he also marched for Civil Rights when that wasn't popular.

He starred in Science Fiction Movies when they weren't blockbusters, and took the material seriously. (Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, the Omega Man)

The point is, he was a master of his craft and a lot of his movies were signifigant.

are they?....it costs approx $40,000 to develop a Commemorative Stamp.....the Commemoratives generate around 250-350 million Dollars a year in Revenue....at my office they always sold out....

Good point, as always, Harry.

What people like Zander fail to realize is that there are a lot of stamp collectors who wait for these sorts of things and they generate a lot of revenue. Also, it's a great way to teach kids history and stuff.

Oh, Stamp Collectors are also known as "philatelist". Insert your own joke here.

If Chuck Heston's stamp keeps us from another postal rate increase God bless him. Elvis in his later years was a degenerate drug addict but his stamp campaign was a national event.

Well no it's not.

And that's for a different thread.

I think a stamp honoring Mr. Heston is more than appropriate.

He was a great man.

We agree that Heston was a superior man. :beer:

I'm not a fan of how Heston let himself be used at the end of his career by the National Rampage Association.

He starred in Science Fiction Movies when they weren't blockbusters, and took the material seriously. (Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green, the Omega Man)

The point is, he was a master of his craft and a lot of his movies were signifigant.
Unfortunately he blew all the good will he had built up over the years on that NRA crapola. Maybe his wig was strapped on too tight?

Unfortunately he blew all the good will he had built up over the years on that NRA crapola. Maybe his wig was strapped on too tight?

Baing that on the MM interview where MM tried to portray him as racist (among other misrepresentations)?

Baing that on the MM interview where MM tried to portray him as racist (among other misrepresentations)?

Maybe spouting NRA drivel is the first sign of Alzheimer's.

That wasn't an interview, it was an attack.

And it was a real low point for Moore.

That wasn't an interview, it was an attack.

And it was a real low point for Moore.

Charlie should have manned up and debated with Moore. But he can't, the script wasn't written for him to parrot, like in his movies.

Forum List

Back