🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The 2016 Election from an Independent's view

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
As an Independent, I didn't vote for President, only the down ballot candidates I was not impressed with any of the candidates for President, but here is what I see:

As the Democrats wallow in self pity while watching Donald Trump arrogantly proclaiming his greatness to anyone that will listen, they are left to face some unpleasant facts:

* Your candidate was a deeply flawed lady who took advantage of the super delegate system to bully her way to the nomination. This prevented better qualified candidates from having a chance to win

* Your candidate graduated from one of America's best law schools, she had to know using her private email to transmit government info. was wrong, but she just kept doing it. What the hell was she thinking??

* The working class white man was once the foundation of the Democratic party, these same people were left to feel abandoned by the Democrats headlong pursuit of diversity.

* Many registered Democrats who voted for President Obama simply stayed home on election day, thinking Hillary would coast to victory.

Democrats: You have only yourselves to blame for losing. Fix these things, or you'll have 8 years of Donald Trump (and his modest personality) to deal with.

Republicans: You now have a chance to further your agenda, but if you mess this up you won't be able to blame the Liberals, because the GOP now controls both houses of Congress.

And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning....:bye1:

Last edited:
As an Independent, I didn't vote for President, only the down ballot candidates I was not impressed with any of the candidates for President, but here is what I see:

As the Democrats wallow in self pity while watching Donald Trump arrogantly proclaiming his greatness to anyone that will listen, they are left to face some unpleasant facts:

* Your candidate was a deeply flawed lady who took advantage of the super delegate system to bully her way to the nomination. This prevented better qualified candidates from having a chance to win

* Your candidate graduated from one of America's best law schools, she had to know using her private email to transmit government info. was wrong, but she just kept doing it. What the hell was she thinking??

* The working class white man was once the foundation of the Democratic party, these same people were left to feel abandoned by the Democrats headlong pursuit of diversity.

* Many registered Democrats who voted for President Obama simply stayed home on election day, thinking Hillary would coast to victory.

Democrats: Fix these things, or you'll have 8 years of Donald Trump (and his modest personality) to deal with.

Republicans: Don't get too arrogant! Your victory's were slim, remember the last line in the old 1970 movie Patton which reminds us that "all glory is fleeting...."
As a fellow Independent, I agree! To drill down a bit:

I don't think the GOP is going to listen to your advice. They have convinced themselves that they have a "mandate" (both parties always do, which is why we see such wild swings in elections) and plan on cramming their entire agenda straight down our throat, post haste.

And it appears that the Democrats are refusing to look in the mirror and honestly figure out why so much of the country finds them so repugnant. There are a few voices in the wilderness, but it doesn't look like most of the party is listening. They may even get worse.

Strap in, here we go.

Democrats: You have only yourselves to blame for losing. Fix these things, or you'll have 8 years of Donald Trump (and his modest personality) to deal with.

Republicans: You now have a chance to further your agenda, but if you mess this up you won't be able to blame the Liberals, because the GOP now controls both houses of Congress.

Let's look at your 4 points one by one:

*She felt that no one should get in her way in 2016. It was her turn and she wasn't going to be stopped. As for the better candidates, I hope you don't mean Bolshevik Bernie.

*She was thinking that she couldn't be touched.

*The white people in the Democrat party are only needed for their "bleeding" and white guilt.

*Many registered Democrats that stayed home on election day already had what they wanted. Remember the diversity comment in #3.

Thanks for nothing....

LOL bill718 is giving independents a bad name. What a partisan and truly ignorant thread. A person who thought would look all around, only a biased person would focus on a single candidate. Bill is probably just another troll. For anyone interested in understanding the other candidate see, 'The Making of Donald Trump' by David Cay Johnston.

What did I learn from this election

Who was the better qualified candidates? IF just a resume were being filled out then Hillary would be the most qualified of all the candidates. She didn't lose because of qualification, she lost because of who she is.

this is one real reason for her losing, she thought she was above all that. The real truth is, what were her handlers thinking? Yeah she could be as stupid as Comey suggested but she has assistants who should have pointed her in the right direction.

When the cities turn democrat and the rest of the country did not.

This really does not appear to be true. Hillary received about as many votes as did Obama. She just didn't get them in the right places. Obama 65,915,795 2012, Hillary 65,844,610 2016.

How do they "fix" being the party of minorities? The democrats have completely burned that bridge.

Why not blame the liberals, they blamed the Republicans, Bush, for everything that went wrong, even the ACA.

Forum List

Back