The 2nd Amendment is my gun permit (says T shirt)

More and more states all the time going Constitutional Carry. Didn't Indiana go that way this year? People are getting it.
Yep

We are winning this fight but I will never stop until violent felons who have served their sentence can carry loaded belt-fed machine guns in every school and courthouse/government building across the world.

Glock-hater. :laughing0301:

My first carry was a Ruger P89, the one with the decocker/safety lever on it. But the problem was the decocker could get caught in my shirt, resulting in nothing but a "click" when I pulled the trigger. My last County Sheriff actually carried one of those when he was just a deputy, but switched to a compact 1911 when he was elected Sheriff.

I just like the Glocks. They're fool-proof, unless you don't observe trigger discipline. I'm inclined to believe that people who have accidents with them, get a piece of clothing snagged in the trigger guard. That's the thing you particularly have to watch for. Same with any other plunger-fired pistol with the safety on the trigger. But then, there's no reason why anyone should have to unholster and reholster a loaded pistol on a daily basis. As long as it's in a decent holster and the person's aware of what his fingers are doing, nobody should ever have a negligent discharge with a Glock.
Most of my shooting buddies would agree with you and call me a pussy for insisting on a safety.

However, none of have ever had to use the carry pistol for quick draw self defense and none of us have shot ourselves in the foot so the jury is still out on whose right.

Most of my shooting buddies would agree with you and call me a pussy for insisting on a safety.

However, none of have ever had to use the carry pistol for quick draw self defense and none of us have shot ourselves in the foot so the jury is still out on whose right.

I've never had to fire a shot out of anger or fear either, hope I never have to. I do practice drawing and shooting steel targets at the range I set up a hundred yards from the house. Just this afternoon I ran four magazines of some 115 gr handloads through the Glock. The problem is, I came to the realization last year that I was shooting wrong. It's hard to develop a proper grip when you've been doing it one way all your life.

Thanks for doing what you do. I live about a half mile from the nearest range and I need to find an instructor.
I'm sure the people running the range will know someone who can help you.
I've never had to fire a shot out of anger or fear either, hope I never have to. I do practice drawing and shooting steel targets at the range I set up a hundred yards from the house. Just this afternoon I ran four magazines of some 115 gr handloads through the Glock. The problem is, I came to the realization last year that I was shooting wrong. It's hard to develop a proper grip when you've been doing it one way all your life.
If you haven't already read it I would strongly recommend "The Law of Self Defense" by Andrew Branca.

He tells you of all the pitfalls that you can have defending in self defense cases.

This is my safety ...

Gun-Saety1.jpg

I have a vintage russian sub machine gun with four 35 round clips...I feel extremely safe at home. sometimes I take it out with me so I can pet it while it lays beside me on the passenger side....I love it more than my cat...dont care for handguns, those are made for women and pussys...no offense intended

I have a vintage russian sub machine gun with four 35 round clips...I feel extremely safe at home. sometimes I take it out with me so I can pet it while it lays beside me on the passenger side....I love it more than my cat...dont care for handguns, those are made for women and pussys...no offense intended

What you really need is this ...

51ivn8CiNvL.jpg

Anyone who knows how to use a firearm doesn't need a safety.
If you are highly trained then you probably won't have a ND with a pistol without a safety.

My experience from decades as a range officer and firearms instructor is that the great majority of people that think they are highly trained are not.

If you are highly trained then you probably won't have a ND with a pistol without a safety.

Keep your finger OFF the trigger, you can't have an ND. Only anti-gunners believe that guns miraculously go off on their own.

It doesn't take a great deal of training to realize that.

I am a range officer and firearms instructor. Do you know how many times I've heard that and then had to go visit the guy in hospital after shooting himself? Hundreds and hundreds.

(kidding aside) All my carry pistols have a safety. I am firm believer in them.

I'll trade the split second to flip a safety for the added safety in carrying.
If hundreds, and hundreds of those whom you’ve instructed, have gone on to accidentally shoot themselves; you owe some folks refunds…

I am a range officer and firearms instructor. Do you know how many times I've heard that and then had to go visit the guy in hospital after shooting himself? Hundreds and hundreds.

(kidding aside) All my carry pistols have a safety. I am firm believer in them.

I'll trade the split second to flip a safety for the added safety in carrying.
My EDC piece is double action.

Forum List

Back