The abortion of Down's syndrome babies is absolute moral depravity

Except you aren't about sharing the consequences and, in order to, relieve your mind of those consequences you throw it over to a mere risk. How convenient!
Don't be silly. We all share in the consequences. Some to a lessor degree others to a greater degree. Stop being so emotional about this. Funny how you see me differently than yourself. What have you ever done about the suffering of others? Voted? Give me a break and climb down from your high horse before you break your neck.

Social work you asshat.
That you get paid for. Give me a break.

Grow up, Ding.
Climb down from your high horse, Disir.

I'm not on one. You have a lot of contradictory nonsense going on.

Don't be silly. We all share in the consequences. Some to a lessor degree others to a greater degree. Stop being so emotional about this. Funny how you see me differently than yourself. What have you ever done about the suffering of others? Voted? Give me a break and climb down from your high horse before you break your neck.

Social work you asshat.

Grow up, Ding.

Of course you are. You think you are better than others because you believe you care more than they do. Go ahead and deny it.

Social work you asshat.

Grow up, Ding.

Of course you are. You think you are better than others because you believe you care more than they do. Go ahead and deny it.

Not at all. I simply think you have a lot of contradictory nonsense going on.

Grow up, Ding.

Your entire position is that you believe people don't do enough for others. That you believe they must do more or cannot even say that it is wrong to end the life of another human being. I see these as two different problems that are totally unrelated. Each problem has a different and unrelated solution. Even if we did everything that could possibly be done people would still abort human lives.

The abortion issue depends on one's conception of the "soul". I don't think a "person" exists until a critical mass of awareness and identity are established in a brain. When does that happen? Not sure. But I don't think it's there before live birth. So I'm ok with abortion.

The abortion issue depends on one's conception of the "soul". I don't think a "person" exists until a critical mass of awareness and identity are established in a brain. When does that happen? Not sure. But I don't think it's there before live birth. So I'm ok with abortion.
Ummmm.... no. It is based upon when a new genetically distinct human being who has never existed and will never exist again has come into being.

Ummmm.... no. It is based upon when a new genetically distinct human being who has never existed and will never exist again has come into being.

That's an interesting point of view, but I don't agree. Simply being genetically distinct doesn't establish self-awareness or personhood. By that reasoning, every living thing, down to the tiniest microbe, has a 'soul'. Which would basically condemn us all as murderers.

Grow up, Ding.

Your entire position is that you believe people don't do enough for others. That you believe they must do more or cannot even say that it is wrong to end the life of another human being. I see these as two different problems that are totally unrelated. Each problem has a different and unrelated solution. Even if we did everything that could possibly be done people would still abort human lives.

You can say it all you want, Sweetie. But, it isn't your decision to make. You want to control the decision but you are incapable of identifying or creating a solution.

That's an interesting point of view, but I don't agree. Simply being genetically distinct doesn't establish self-awareness or personhood. By that reasoning, every living thing, down to the tiniest microbe, has a 'soul'. Which would basically condemn us all as murderers.
Of course it does. In fact, it is the very thing which defines each specific person. It's called DNA. They use it in courts all the time to designate specific persons.

What about babies that will be born to an awful life full of pain and nothing but hospital stays? Is the mother who is making minimum wage still supposed to let it be born, or have mercy on it and end the pregnancy?

Of course it does. In fact, it is the very thing which defines each specific person. It's called DNA. They use it in courts all the time to designate specific persons.

So, in your view, anything with DNA is a person?

You can say it all you want, Sweetie. But, it isn't your decision to make. You want to control the decision but you are incapable of identifying or creating a solution.
No. I want each state to decide for itself.

I believe no one has the right to end the life of another human being. Especially because they are inconvenienced and want to avoid the consequences of their actions.

So anything with DNA is a person?
Only if it is an actual human being.

“Human life begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm (spermatozoo developmentn) unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” “A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).”

Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.

“In that fraction of a second when the chromosomes form pairs, the sex of the new child will be determined, hereditary characteristics received from each parent will be set, and a new life will have begun.”

Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life, page 28-29, The C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, 1974.

“The zygote is human life….there is one fact that no one can deny; Human beings begin at conception.” “Landrum B. Shettles, M.D., P.h.D., first scientist to succeed at in vitro fertilization.

No. I want each state to decide for itself.

I believe no one has the right to end the life of another human being. Especially because they are inconvenienced and want to avoid the consequences of their actions.

That isn't a solution. You are aware of this.

It's going to happen, Ding. It's not going to matter what the law says. It's a question of the conditions that it takes place in.

You do a lot of spinning, deflecting from the primary issue.

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.” Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

Uh huh.. and so we're back to definitions. I'm saying a human being is more than a lump of flesh. The thing that makes person isn't the physical material, but the mind driving it. No mind. No person. No human being.

Uh huh.. and so we're back to definitions. I'm saying a human being is more than a lump of flesh. The thing that makes person isn't the physical material, but the mind driving it. No mind. No person. No human being.
And I am saying that at conception a new human being who has never existed and will never exist again has come into existence. And every step along the way from conception to death, it is fully human and has the appropriate attributes for each stage of the continuum.

You are literally dehumanizing human life for the express purpose of rationalizing the morality of ending its life.

Forum List

Back