The abortion of Down's syndrome babies is absolute moral depravity

So... just to make this even more contentious... the likelihood of having a baby with downs syndrome increases with the age of the woman. Often times couples will put off having children for a number of reasons. So, for this group, is this really about not being able to afford a downs baby?

they definitely can't afford to care for a Downe's kid. the expense will be passed on to the taxpayer. Who needs more parasites?

The solution is not to have them to begin with.

So the solution is to murder them earlier.

Same solution, different descriptions.

And yet, silence when they are adults indicating acquiescence w/ indirect murder via exposure to the elements etc.
You are correct, the abortion of those with Down’s syndrome will prevent all hardships that these people may have if they are allowed to live.

Perhaps all fetuses that “all not good enough” should be aborted. It could lead to a utopia if all the undesirables don’t exist.

That would be a stretch. To date, it's still a decision that is made by the potential egg donor.

If people did what I thought they should do, then this wouldn't be an issue.

This is what we have on our plate as it stands right now. Lifetime care. Solve the problem.
Is it a stretch? Standards get lowered incrementally, not all at once.

This is the US, if you have people that have Down Syndrome, people with cognitive disabilities and the mentally ill living on the streets then you don't have any standards. Solve the problem.

So... just to make this even more contentious... the likelihood of having a baby with downs syndrome increases with the age of the woman. Often times couples will put off having children for a number of reasons. So, for this group, is this really about not being able to afford a downs baby?

Life long care.

Same solution, different descriptions.

And yet, silence when they are adults indicating acquiescence w/ indirect murder via exposure to the elements etc.
You are correct, the abortion of those with Down’s syndrome will prevent all hardships that these people may have if they are allowed to live.

Perhaps all fetuses that “all not good enough” should be aborted. It could lead to a utopia if all the undesirables don’t exist.

That would be a stretch. To date, it's still a decision that is made by the potential egg donor.

This is what we have on our plate as it stands right now. Lifetime care. Solve the problem.

This is the US, if you have people that have Down Syndrom, people with cognitive disabilities and the mentally ill living on the streets then you don't have any standards. Solve the problem.
We have all kinds of people living on the streets, Disir, right? Shouldn't we include them too?

How about if we round them all up an exterminate them? Would that solve the problem and make you feel better that they are not living on the streets? My point here is that these people would rather live on the streets than be dead, Disir. If that were not the case, they would kill themselves.

But putting that aside, women who wait to have children should not be surprised that they end up with a Downs baby. We call that the consequences of their decision.

Life long care.
Do you think you have life long care, Disir? Do you think you are entitled to it? If so, why?

Life long care.
Do you think you have life long care, Disir? Do you think you are entitled to it? If so, why?

Just so we are clear, your position is that the group that you think you are advocating for is not entitled to life long care.

This is the US, if you have people that have Down Syndrom, people with cognitive disabilities and the mentally ill living on the streets then you don't have any standards. Solve the problem.
We have all kinds of people living on the streets, Disir, right? Shouldn't we include them too?

How about if we round them all up an exterminate them? Would that solve the problem and make you feel better that they are not living on the streets? My point here is that these people would rather live on the streets than be dead, Disir. If that were not the case, they would kill themselves.

But putting that aside, women who wait to have children should not be surprised that they end up with a Downs baby. We call that the consequences of their decision.

Solve the problem, Ding. You are simply trying to flip the script.

Life long care.

Just so we are clear, your position is that the group that you think you are advocating for is not entitled to life long care.
My position is that that guarantee has nothing to do with the decision to terminate the pregnancy of a downs baby, Disir. It's a rationalization to make one feel better about doing a deplorable and selfish act.

Negative eugenics, world wide, of a scale that would have given Hitler and his doktors a shiver up their legs.

"What an age to live in. Get pregnant; see if the baby meets your specifications. If not, just abort and try again."
No decent parent rejects a child’s love because the child is imperfect. Nobody casts aside an eight-year-old because she has bad grades or an attitude problem. So why would we think it is acceptable to destroy the life of a child, the result of a wanted pregnancy, because the child will be disabled? As the progressives put it, isn’t this the most horrible example of ableist privilege?

"If we are going down the road of selective abortion for admirable traits, one has to wonder if oneself would make the cut.
"After all, having a child isn’t really about the child. It’s about you and your hopes and dreams, your demand to live your best life."

Aborting Down Syndrome Babies Is An Absolute Moral Depravity

Have you raised a child with down syndrome?

Life long care.

My position is that that guarantee has nothing to do with the decision to terminate the pregnancy of a downs baby, Disir. It's a rationalization to make one feel better about doing a deplorable and selfish act.

It has everything to do with it. Refusing to recognize the fallout is a deplorable and selfish act.

There is no solution that will satisfy you because you are looking for a justification to end a human life. If I say here's a solution you will say you need a better solution. If I say here is a better solution you will say it isn't good enough. You aren't looking for a solution. You are looking for a rationalization.

If you plan to have a baby then you plan to take care of the baby. It is no different for a downs baby. So is your problem that you only want to care for your baby for 18 years and then be done with it? God forbid they have some disease or accident and you are burdened beyond 18 years, right?

Negative eugenics, world wide, of a scale that would have given Hitler and his doktors a shiver up their legs.

"What an age to live in. Get pregnant; see if the baby meets your specifications. If not, just abort and try again."
No decent parent rejects a child’s love because the child is imperfect. Nobody casts aside an eight-year-old because she has bad grades or an attitude problem. So why would we think it is acceptable to destroy the life of a child, the result of a wanted pregnancy, because the child will be disabled? As the progressives put it, isn’t this the most horrible example of ableist privilege?

"If we are going down the road of selective abortion for admirable traits, one has to wonder if oneself would make the cut.
"After all, having a child isn’t really about the child. It’s about you and your hopes and dreams, your demand to live your best life."

Aborting Down Syndrome Babies Is An Absolute Moral Depravity

Have you raised a child with down syndrome?
Not me personally but I know people who are.

There is no solution that will satisfy you because you are looking for a justification to end a human life. If I say here's a solution you will say you need a better solution. If I say here is a better solution you will say it isn't good enough. You aren't looking for a solution. You are looking for a rationalization.

If you plan to have a baby then you plan to take care of the baby. It is no different for a downs baby. So is your problem that you only want to care for your baby for 18 years and then be done with it? God forbid they have some disease or accident and you are burdened beyond 18 years, right?

Try again. You failed to provide a solution.

Life long care.

It has everything to do with it. Refusing to recognize the fallout is a deplorable and selfish act.
It's called life. There are no guarantees in life.

Try again. You failed to provide a solution.
I'm afraid you will just have to abort your downs baby, Disir. There are no guarantees in life. You don't have one for yourself. Maybe you should off yourself.

So the left provided them ssi and rental and heating subsidies and foodstamps, made it illegal to lock up fruitcakes before they bred or killed anybody...and now we have this huge growing population of organically retarded, scizophrenic freaks breeding and shooting up schools.

They're called democrats.

Yet democrooks are pretty much the exclusive users of planned unparenthood.

I can't see the logic of thwarting them.

Life long care.

It's called life. There are no guarantees in life.

Since you are incapable of identifying the problems and, clearly, can't provide solutions then you don't get to make the decisions.

Forum List

Back