The Age of Corporate Treason

Being created in the U.S. is merely a fact of geography, and has no meaning; they "rose to immense profit" because they provided a good or service to consumers better, or at least as good, as their competitors, not merely because of their workforce; bailouts are evidence of corporatism, not capitalism; and the U.S. military protects the state's interests, and only the state's interests.

More often than not your posts add up. This one arrives at an appallingly naive conclusion.

The US military was protecting US trade interests in Vietnam. No question about it. I am laughing out loud at the idea the 1990 invasion of Iraq was not about protecting US corporations. To Bush pere's credit, he knew when to pull out.

One wishes he had known that around November 1945.

Last edited:
Being created in the U.S. is merely a fact of geography, and has no meaning; they "rose to immense profit" because they provided a good or service to consumers better, or at least as good, as their competitors, not merely because of their workforce; bailouts are evidence of corporatism, not capitalism; and the U.S. military protects the state's interests, and only the state's interests.

More often than not your posts add up. This one arrives at an appallingly naive conclusion.

The US military was protecting US trade interests in Vietnam. No question about it. I am laughing out loud at the idea the 1990 invasion of Iraq was not about protecting US corporations. To Bush pere's credit, he knew when to pull out.

too bad Barry's daddy didn't pull out of that white woman. the USA would be a better place today.:cool:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is treason. I would say that it is greed. Corporations are going where they can turn the biggest profit. The problem is, with all of these huge corporations trying to evade paying taxes, the feds can only raise them elsewhere. The feds have to get their revenue, and if massive corporations are keeping a majority of their money out of America, they have to get the money somewhere. It's like when the IRS allowed a grace period for those individuals and corporations who were keeping money overseas to come clean, and not receive high penalties, thousands of individuals and corporations tuned in their money, and the IRS collected around $50 billion already just this year. Just think about how much money is kept out of this country because of the tax laws. They need to be addressed, and incentives need to be granted for those who move or keep their production sites here in America.... ohhh wait, we did try to do that, but it was prevented by our beloved republican party. :eek:

What greed are you talking about? the greed of democrats that raise taxes and force companys to leave and not want to pay them? is that what you are talking about? of course not... you want to raise taxes and stomp your foot and call them greedy because they leave and wont pay your assnine high taxes......

What greed am I talking about? First maybe you should understand the definition of greed: Greed- (Noun)
Intense and selfish desire for something, esp. wealth, power, or food.

Now apply that to the huge corporations in our country, and you might be able to see what I am talking about. When a company is making millions, even billions of dollars in profits, then seek to keep as much money to themselves without paying even the simple taxes that required by law, that is greed. True we have a seriously defective tax system in our country, and that needs to be addressed asap. But I will not also sit here and say, its ok big corporations, our tax system is defective, so try and keep all the money you can to yourself.

I find it funny that you presume to think I want to raise taxes, and run around stomping my feet. If people/corporations actually paid the taxes they were supposed to (I know its a noble concept) then we wouldn't have to keep raising taxes. And the liberals are just as guilty as the conservatives. They all rape the tax system, then bitch about it being defective, somehow justifying their willingness to avoid paying their weight. I pay the endless taxes the government levees against us citizens, and I do not jump through any holes, which gives me plenty of justification for lashing out at the ones who screw the system for their own personal gain. Dems and republicans alike!

So you are saying that corporations illegally evade paying taxes? So why isn't anyone prosecuting them??

Well I'm certainly happy to make sense in general, at least.

Regardless, what I was trying to get across was that the military protects only the state's interests, but that in some cases that could dovetail with the interests of corporations. Or the corporations could be the interest of the state in the first place. In other words, it's simply another example of corporatism. If, however, a corporation was not in the interest of the state in some way, then the U.S. military would do nothing for the benefit of that corporation.

Corporations are not "patriotic". People are patriotic. Corporations are vehicles for making money for their owners. Nothing more than that.
And it is the Left that seeks to bail out failures of corporations. The conservative free traders want them to go through bankruptcy.

Conservative free trader Bush bailed out AIG/Goldman, right?

These are some valid points but it calls into question, the size of projects that can be pulled off. The pure brand of capitalism in which a miscalculation results in bankruptcy would preclude the creation of anything as complex as an MRI, or jet fighter, or commercial jet, or mega-ship... And without the initial government sponsored R&D efforts, the basic technologies for these things wouldn't exist anyway.

Nonsense. Go check out a few of the GNU licensed projects.

Corporations are not "patriotic". People are patriotic. Corporations are vehicles for making money for their owners. Nothing more than that.
And it is the Left that seeks to bail out failures of corporations. The conservative free traders want them to go through bankruptcy.

Bush was not a free market conservative. His policies were essentially the same policies Obama now embraces.

Bush was not a free market conservative. His policies were essentially the same policies Obama now embraces.

Here's a clue for you-----------Bush has not been president for over 5 years, get over it.

Some of you on this forum might have to choose between your two passions - patriotism and capitalism - after reading this excellent article by Ralph Nader.

Why are big, global U.S. corporations so unpatriotic? After all, they were created in the U.S.A., rose to immense profit because of the toil of American workers, are bailed out by American taxpayers whenever they’re in trouble, and are safeguarded abroad by the U.S. military.

Yet these corporate goliaths work their tax lawyers overtime to escape U.S. taxes. Many pay less than you do in federal income taxes. Imagine corporations, like General Electric, have not paid federal income taxes on U.S. profits for years.

The Age of Corporate Treason » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
Joe Normal,

Many thanks for posting this very important article by Nader. I urge everyone who hasn't yet learned why the emerging corporatocracy represents a serious threat to what remains of the American middle class to read this article and to think about what Nader is telling us.

Taxes aside, you don't think that American corporations have an obligation to keep their workforce in America?

The only obligation any corporation has is to its customers, geography notwithstanding.

You see no value in patriotism?
That not only is obvious it seems to be typical of the mindset of the current breed of right-wing Libertarians and indoctrinated water-carriers for the corporatocracy. It is a surprising and peculiar phenomenon.

The only obligation any corporation has is to its customers, geography notwithstanding.

That not only is obvious it seems to be typical of the mindset of the current breed of right-wing Libertarians and indoctrinated water-carriers for the corporatocracy. It is a surprising and peculiar phenomenon.

Yeah, don't reply to anything that I actually said. Who needs substance?

There's nothing "patriotic" about paying more taxes than the law requires - not one thing.

Some of you on this forum might have to choose between your two passions - patriotism and capitalism - after reading this excellent article by Ralph Nader.

Why are big, global U.S. corporations so unpatriotic? After all, they were created in the U.S.A., rose to immense profit because of the toil of American workers, are bailed out by American taxpayers whenever they’re in trouble, and are safeguarded abroad by the U.S. military.

Yet these corporate goliaths work their tax lawyers overtime to escape U.S. taxes. Many pay less than you do in federal income taxes. Imagine corporations, like General Electric, have not paid federal income taxes on U.S. profits for years.

Joe Normal,

Many thanks for posting this very important article by Nader. I urge everyone who hasn't yet learned why the emerging corporatocracy represents a serious threat to what remains of the American middle class to read this article and to think about what Nader is telling us.

listening to idiots will turn you into one. Nader is an idiot, always has been.

Thanks for pointing out Bush was not a conservative or free trader.
Now stick it up your ass.

You agreed with me, then negged me with this pithy comment:
"dubce"
Unless the word is some kind of white trash nutball secret code, there is not much question who the dubce is, is there?

"dubce"
Unless the word is some kind of white trash nutball secret code, there is not much question who the dubce is, is there?

Because B is next to N on the keyboard.
You're too stupid even to be insulted.

"dubce"

Because B is next to N on the keyboard.
You're too stupid even to be insulted.

So now you insult everyone here? Stop! Please! You're making me hyperventilate with laughter. FYI most children with an IQ over about 40 know about the b-n keyboard connection.

But enough about you...

The idea you or any other nutball posting here can insult me is interesting but rings up on the "no sale" side of the register. Generosity of spirit impels me to describe why in two ways in the hope one of them can get through that thick nutball skull:
A. One has to give a fuck about the source to be insulted
B. The insult should be spelled in an earth language

Last edited:

"rose to immense profit because of the toil of American workers,"
More importantly EVERY SINGLE BIG GLOBAL corporations' primary objectives are:
SCREW THE CUSTOMER every time and everywhere they can RIGHT?? Agree with that?
SCREW THE WORKERS every time and everywhere they can RIGHT??

Do you agree that ALL EVERY SINGLE BIG GLOBAL entity pay less the you do in federal income taxes, federal payroll taxes, federal excise taxes... THEY ALL PAY LESS in all those taxes..RIGHT??
AND YOU AGREE.. ALL EVERY SINGLE BIG GLOBAL evil, unpatriotic company were ALL EVERY ONE BAILED out. EVERY ONE! ALL OF THEM RIGHT!!!

All the time. Everyone.

Sarcasm noted. Yeah, he's making a few generalizations but for the most part, large corporations don't give a fuck about anything but their own short term profits regardless of what got them to where they are today.

Patriotism to WHAT? To a country that takes it as an obligation to destroy them? To happily participate in their own destruction as evidence of patriotism. That's the Jim Jones school of patriotism. If you believe, you will die for me.

Companies with any decent level of technology owe a debt of gratitude to the country that sponsored the basic research to make it happen. Corporations have never thought decades ahead. These days, they think somewhere between the next fiscal quarter and the next fiscal year.

A corporation owes nothing beyond what it contracted for.
You have some bizarre ideas about business and companies. I doubt you've done much more than buy a company's product.

In many cases, I've developed a company's product. I would not work for a company that treated me like shit (so far I have that choice).

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is treason. I would say that it is greed. Corporations are going where they can turn the biggest profit. The problem is, with all of these huge corporations trying to evade paying taxes, the feds can only raise them elsewhere. The feds have to get their revenue, and if massive corporations are keeping a majority of their money out of America, they have to get the money somewhere. It's like when the IRS allowed a grace period for those individuals and corporations who were keeping money overseas to come clean, and not receive high penalties, thousands of individuals and corporations tuned in their money, and the IRS collected around $50 billion already just this year. Just think about how much money is kept out of this country because of the tax laws. They need to be addressed, and incentives need to be granted for those who move or keep their production sites here in America.... ohhh wait, we did try to do that, but it was prevented by our beloved republican party. :eek:

I agree almost completely except I do see it as treason.

Forum List

Back