The Appropriation Of Black Culture By White Americans

"Im going to have to disagree. People who compose classical music are called geniuses frequently and so are chess players. Have you ever heard anyone refer to a rapper as a genius? For the record it doesnt count when Kanye calls himself a genius. It doesnt take a genius to write rap lyrics. The lyrics might be clever and possibly even deep, but not genius. The ability to do complex things is genius."

What appeals to you in nature? What appeals to your aesthetic sensitivity; what do you regard as more beautiful? Complexity or simplicity?

"quote" button inop

"Only people with insecurities want things to be complex. That way they can pretend they know more than someone else that only has to study what you did to acquire the knowledge. True genius is when everything is simple. Haven't you noticed that when someone is a master at something they make it look easy?"

Very insightful, and very true. Simplicity is it's own beauty. It's so beautiful because it's so difficult to achieve.

"quote" button inop
Im going to have to disagree. People who compose classical music are called geniuses frequently and so are chess players. Have you ever heard anyone refer to a rapper as a genius? For the record it doesnt count when Kanye calls himself a genius. It doesnt take a genius to write rap lyrics. The lyrics might be clever and possibly even deep, but not genius.

The ability to do complex things is genius.
'Any damn fool can be complicated, it takes a genius to be simple, but great'. Woody Guthrie

"Only people with insecurities want things to be complex. That way they can pretend they know more than someone else that only has to study what you did to acquire the knowledge. True genius is when everything is simple. Haven't you noticed that when someone is a master at something they make it look easy?"

Very insightful, and very true. Simplicity is it's own beauty. It's so beautiful because it's so difficult to achieve.

"quote" button inop
Im going to have to disagree. People who compose classical music are called geniuses frequently and so are chess players. Have you ever heard anyone refer to a rapper as a genius? For the record it doesnt count when Kanye calls himself a genius. It doesnt take a genius to write rap lyrics. The lyrics might be clever and possibly even deep, but not genius.

Disagree. First of all there are several rap geniuses. Pac, Rakim, Biggie etc. It takes genius to write rap lyrics. Thats why you cant do it. Any idiot can make something complex. Simplicity is pure genius.

Tupac Shakur was a lyrical genius who used the style of rap to its greatest potential. He lifted the style to its supreme heights and made it a global trend. Until Tupac came along rap was a small and mostly unheard of style which nobody really paid attention to but once this man stepped into the scene, he had transformed it into what you hear today. Of course you had Dr. Dre and N.W.A. but the trend was not at its full potential. When 2pac entered, the scene has been changed forever.

Last edited:

"quote" button inop

'Any damn fool can be complicated, it takes a genius to be simple, but great'. Woody Guthrie
Can a fool split the atom? Is splitting the atom simple or complicated? Woody Guthrie couldn't do it, but he wasn't a genius, was he. Any damn fool can say "it takes genius to be simple", but that doesn't make it true.

"quote" button inop

Can a fool split the atom? Is splitting the atom simple or complicated? Woody Guthrie couldn't do it, but he wasn't a genius, was he. Any damn fool can say "it takes genius to be simple", but that doesn't make it true.
Yes a fool can split the atom. all the have to do is touch a button or pull a lever retard. You actually think that is complex because you are stupid. I have taught classes on how the IPv4 process works. its extremely simple but to a lay person it looks complex.

"quote" button inop

You are the type of person who would look at an abstract painting and mistakenly comment, 'Anyone could paint that'.

"quote" button inop

How do you know that Woody was not smart enough to split an atom. You are talking out of your ass.

Growing up I noticed that white people always seemed to be behind the 8 ball when it came to being current with Black culture. However, it seems that younger white people have whole heartedly jumped on the Black bandwagon and have taken many aspects of Black culture to incorporate into mainstream culture. From rap music to cornrows and now to big booties and curvy bodies Black culture seems to drive mainstream culture more than ever. What is causing this shift?

In some aspects, yes. During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it was white actors playing minstrels in black face, or Al Jolson singing "Mammy". Of course that was the era of buffoonery being associated with the black population, and whites took the explotation of that image to a whole new level, making the silliness popular in mainstream America.

In the 50's and 60's it was music that was originally recorded by blacks, for example, the song "Hound Dog", which was performed years earlier by Big Mama Thornton, but was then repackaged and turned into a well known mega hit by Elvis Presley.

Back then, crossover success for black artists was not socially acceptable generally. So therefore, the history of the originals was discarded to make the MATERIAL acceptable enough to be played in white households.

As far as the current era, of course there is a much more visible emulation of some aspects of music and art that are associated with black culture, more than anything, due to the fact that it sells, and the marketing people who are the strategists behind the sales, and making the most money from the sale of black oriented music and arts for the most part are white people.

Growing up I noticed that white people always seemed to be behind the 8 ball when it came to being current with Black culture. However, it seems that younger white people have whole heartedly jumped on the Black bandwagon and have taken many aspects of Black culture to incorporate into mainstream culture. From rap music to cornrows and now to big booties and curvy bodies Black culture seems to drive mainstream culture more than ever. What is causing this shift?

Growing up I noticed that white people always seemed to be behind the 8 ball when it came to being current with Black culture.

We are behind the curve when it comes to crime and out of wedlock children too.
Not in crime. You set the standard when it comes to crime. However, we are talking about Black culture not white culture.

Yeah, what's the percentage of black men in jail?
Keep setting that curve.
Thats another problem with white culture. You seem to like letting your white criminals go free to serial kill, mass murder and sexually molest animals.

And don't forget the Swisher Sweets!

"quote" button inop

Yes a fool can split the atom. all the have to do is touch a button or pull a lever retard. You actually think that is complex because you are stupid. I have taught classes on how the IPv4 process works. its extremely simple but to a lay person it looks complex.
Could you possibly be more out of touch with reality? You don't know the first fucking thing about splitting the atom.

"you just have to push a button" :laugh:

God damn you are fucking retarded.

"quote" button inop

How do you know that Woody was not smart enough to split an atom. You are talking out of your ass.
He didn't even go to college you fucking dolt. He couldn't split a sandwich, let alone an atom.

Growing up I noticed that white people always seemed to be behind the 8 ball when it came to being current with Black culture. However, it seems that younger white people have whole heartedly jumped on the Black bandwagon and have taken many aspects of Black culture to incorporate into mainstream culture. From rap music to cornrows and now to big booties and curvy bodies Black culture seems to drive mainstream culture more than ever. What is causing this shift?[liberalism and stupidity .

"Thats another problem with white culture. You seem to like letting your white criminals go free to serial kill, mass murder and sexually molest animals."

Boy you're really out on a limb, aren't you? Well, OK, we're not perfect, but then people from my culture were discussing the fundaments nuclear physics and the probability of an infinite universe 3000 years ago...you know?

"quote" button inop
Are you Black? Your people? 3000 years ago you were learning at the feet of Black people.
bullshit ! name one white country that has ever bowed to a black country ! name one black country that is not a 3rd world shithole .

Thats another problem with white culture. You seem to like letting your white criminals go free to serial kill, mass murder and sexually molest animals.

Hey.. I was feeling some empathy for your culture being stolen and emulated (badly) by little white kids.. Think you have a point there. Except 1/2 of what you think is "emulating black culture" is just appreciation of talent. I don't think that Beyonce or Usher are goin gansta anytime soon.

But this deal about us WHITES letting WHITE criminals go free ---I'm not taking the rap for that. It ain't MY justice system. It's OURS. I don't get to demand a white attorney or judge. And the idiots on parole boards are not elected by me..

Go get your proud black ass off the couch and get a late life law degree.. Then figure out whether you're gonna take any white cases..

"Thats another problem with white culture. You seem to like letting your white criminals go free to serial kill, mass murder and sexually molest animals."

Boy you're really out on a limb, aren't you? Well, OK, we're not perfect, but then people from my culture were discussing the fundaments nuclear physics and the probability of an infinite universe 3000 years ago...you know?

"quote" button inop
Are you Black? Your people? 3000 years ago you were learning at the feet of Black people.
bullshit ! name one white country that has ever bowed to a black country ! name one black country that is not a 3rd world shithole .

The first European country of Greece learned at the feet of Black people son. No one told you this?

Hey.. I was feeling some empathy for your culture being stolen and emulated (badly) by little white kids.. Think you have a point there. Except 1/2 of what you think is "emulating black culture" is just appreciation of talent. I don't think that Beyonce or Usher are goin gansta anytime soon.

But this deal about us WHITES letting WHITE criminals go free ---I'm not taking the rap for that. It ain't MY justice system. It's OURS. I don't get to demand a white attorney or judge. And the idiots on parole boards are not elected by me..

Go get your proud black ass off the couch and get a late life law degree.. Then figure out whether you're gonna take any white cases..
Emulating Black culture is appreciation. I know this. I'm asking why. Dont get butthurt because I speak the truth about the legal system. I'm not asking you to take a rap. Where did you see me ask for you to do so? I dont care if you do or dont but I wont be dumb enough to think its not a reality. I dont have to get a law degree unless I want one. Thats what I have a law firm for. Why would I want to take any white cases?

A teenage fad mostly
Sadly the Wigger generation always has new recruits. If not for them, cRap "music" would have been gone after the FAT BOYS left the scene.
Unfortunately, like most deluded white people with inbred genetics, you don't have a clue about rap. Rap was there before white people discovered it and it will be there with Black people regardless of white people liking it or not. My question is what is attracting the white youth? Can you answer that? If not shut up.

Same reason people in India like it, in russia like it, and europe like, in africa like it. in china like it. People like music. Pretty simple

Now if you wanna make it in to a Everyone wants to act like black people thing, well, you are mistaking a teenage fad and mainstream music into something that it is not. People like music, mainstream music always appeals to everyone.

Forum List

Back