The average monthly payment for a new car was $733 in the second quarter of 2023. That could rise if auto workers strike long enough

$733.00, and just think if these workers get their ridiculous demands met, you can bet the new car price is going to skyrocket further.
$733.00!!! Henry Ford has got to be rolling in his grave.

• The United Auto Workers went on strike on Friday after the union's four-year contract expired.
  • The strike could impact car prices and the US economy.
  • The cost of a new car has increased since the pandemic slowed production.

If people think that's high, wait until they have no choice but buy electric, then it will double

I'm not a union thug. Their time has passed.
I was a union thug for 35 years and in that time 9 men and 1 woman thugs were killed on the job. Industrial work is nothing like cubicle work.
Drug crazed Rush Limbaugh called striking nurses thugs. Some deaths are good.

Those union crybabies can't have it too bad if this pathetic clown show is considered a strike. Little more than another liberal whinefest. The auto makers should just fire them and be done with it.
Pretending to Be a Traitor to His Class

The answer to that would for the union to get people to volunteer to be scabs so they could sabotage the production line.

I was a union thug for 35 years and in that time 9 men and 1 woman thugs were killed on the job. Industrial work is nothing like cubicle work.
Drug crazed Rush Limbaugh called striking nurses thugs. Some deaths are good.
Auto line workers skill level is about one half notch above McDonald's Hamburgers line workers.

Henry Ford hired unskilled workers for his assembly line and paid them more than unskilled workers were earning at the time and gave them the weekends off.

The workers were damn glad to get the job.

Unlike the greedy UAW assholes of today.

I paid $1650.00 for my last one and it drives well. it is a 2003 Buich LeSabre.
Screenshot_20230918-150814-710.png

Auto line workers skill level is about one half notch above McDonald's Hamburgers line workers.

Henry Ford hired unskilled workers for his assembly line and paid them more than unskilled workers were earning at the time and gave them the weekends off.

The workers were damn glad to get the job.

Unlike the greedy UAW assholes of today.
Those times are over. Thankfully. Any worker that just accepts what is offered and never complains is a very ignorant and a very poor worker.

I didn’t ask her. She showed up with a new-to-her car and she told me she got a good deal: $13,000. My guess would be she borrowed for it.
That's what we were talking about. Woodznutz said that people should save up and buy used cars cash. Even used is too expensive.

$733.00, and just think if these workers get their ridiculous demands met, you can bet the new car price is going to skyrocket further.
$733.00!!! Henry Ford has got to be rolling in his grave.

• The United Auto Workers went on strike on Friday after the union's four-year contract expired.
  • The strike could impact car prices and the US economy.
  • The cost of a new car has increased since the pandemic slowed production.

Every policy the left has is social injustice because it hurts the poor and minorities more than it does the rich.

That's what we were talking about. Woodznutz said that people should save up and buy used cars cash. Even used is too expensive.
Yes, I’d agree. For the average middle class person, saving up cash for even a used car would be a challenge - especially given how high prices have gotten elsewhere. Still, buying a used car makes for a much more manageable monthly payment.

What happens when the cost of labor rises? Answer: the price of the product or service goes up too. Is anyone in any doubt of this? So, for the Big Three carmakers, whatever new contract they eventually agree to, the price of an American car or truck is going to go up, although there are some other factors. Like can they shift operations to a RTW state or even out of the country? What processes can they automate to save labor costs? Some models will be scrapped altogether and those plants will get shut down. There are market consequences if your price point exceeds that of your competitors. Like all those foreign carmakers, nothing will make them happier to see a higher-priced American product that doesn't have an appropriate increase in value.

What happens when the cost of labor rises? Answer: the price of the product or service goes up too. Is anyone in any doubt of this? So, for the Big Three carmakers, whatever new contract they eventually agree to, the price of an American car or truck is going to go up, although there are some other factors. Like can they shift operations to a RTW state or even out of the country? What processes can they automate to save labor costs? Some models will be scrapped altogether and those plants will get shut down. There are market consequences if your price point exceeds that of your competitors. Like all those foreign carmakers, nothing will make them happier to see a higher-priced American product that doesn't have an appropriate increase in value.
They will just increase the term of the loan. Instead of 60 months, it will be 120 months.

Those times are over. Thankfully. Any worker that just accepts what is offered and never complains is a very ignorant and a very poor worker.
Those men that Ford hired knew their worth.

These greedy little UAW workers have no idea they are next to worthless.

Without Queer Barry's bailout there would be no GM or Chrysler. Without the massive government subsidies for these stupid EVs and government fleet sales the American car companies would have no future.

Forum List

Back