The Belief That Life Was the Result of an Accident Is Unscientific

The order of events in Genesis is astoundingly similar to what modern scientists posit.....

If it is not evidence for the God, then the author of Genesis 1, or Moses, perhaps, must have understood that the universe formed first, then the seas appeared on earth, and that life forms were photosynthetic...
The Old Testament was written, although not compiled, almost three millennia ago. It is extraordinary that the writer of the creation account in Genesis, chapter one, got it right in his exposition of the series of events: his sequence turns out to be scientifically accurate in terms of contemporary knowledge.
Sure, light and the day and night cycle formed on day one and vegetation formed on day three BEFORE the sun was formed on day four. :cuckoo:

So glad you'd slithered in for the education you so sorely require.....and not a minute too soon!

Let's go over the events:

1. God’s first command in Genesis is “Let there be light.” Nor is this the only introduction of light in the Genesis creation account, but it is the first, it represents the beginning of the formation of our solar system. And that was ‘The Big Bang’…some 13,700 million years ago. Quite an event…it lasted just 10 to the minus 35th seconds, beginning the universe, generating time and space, as well as all the matter and energy that the universe would ever, ever, contain! Big Bang…explosion….energy….light. But no atoms to form the sun for some time. Light…but no sun? So says science. And so says Genesis. Parker, “The Genesis Enigma,” chapter two.

a. For reference, Genesis 1, verses 1-4: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Your own quote continues showing day and night without the sun, “And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.”
So you continue to ignore the astounding similarity between the modern version of evolution and the Biblical recounting of same?
The similarity is as different as night and day! :)

Last edited:
If you want to call an oxygen atom bonding to 2 hydrogen atoms order, we are talking at two kinds of things.
Maybe you need to define 'order' for us?

Mine is below and seems to define crystals quite well:

or·der
ˈôrdər/
noun
noun: order; plural noun: orders; noun: Order
the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.
Find any apple computers on the moon? No? You just claimed an explosion resulted in order. Let's make it simple. Find any square shapes on the moon? No? What's that? Everything is eroded? Uh. Who woulda thunk in the universe chemical compounds ultimately break apart into simpler materials; they do not ultimately become more complex.
Yet another concept you are mangling. Yes, a body in space represents "order". Every celestial body is an example of local ordering. Every atom, every molecule, every chunk of anything is "order". And yes, there are square shapes in the Moon. We Earthlings call them "crystals".

Yes, molecules form and become more complex. You are 100% wrong and should just stop right now.
Stop what? Asking why you believe atoms create music and like funny cat videos? No, it will always intrigue me.

The laws of nature dictate chemical reactions. And everything eventually erodes, and nothing becomes more orderly once equilibrium is established.

Or do you sit in your room in a panic fearful all of the Oxygen will assemble themselves in one corner of the room?

Nope, you don't. Because you know in nature chaos rules the day, not order.
Well, we know you know less than nothing about evolution. Now we also know that you know less than nothing about chaos and entropy, too.

If you want to call an oxygen atom bonding to 2 hydrogen atoms order, we are talking at two kinds of things.

or·der
ˈôrdər/
noun
the arrangement or disposition of people or things in relation to each other according to a particular sequence, pattern, or method.
Find any apple computers on the moon? No? You just claimed an explosion resulted in order. Let's make it simple. Find any square shapes on the moon? No? What's that? Everything is eroded? Uh. Who woulda thunk in the universe chemical compounds ultimately break apart into simpler materials; they do not ultimately become more complex.
Yet another concept you are mangling. Yes, a body in space represents "order". Every celestial body is an example of local ordering. Every atom, every molecule, every chunk of anything is "order". And yes, there are square shapes in the Moon. We Earthlings call them "crystals".

Yes, molecules form and become more complex. You are 100% wrong and should just stop right now.
Stop what? Asking why you believe atoms create music and like funny cat videos? No, it will always intrigue me.

The laws of nature dictate chemical reactions. And everything eventually erodes, and nothing becomes more orderly once equilibrium is established.

Or do you sit in your room in a panic fearful all of the Oxygen will assemble themselves in one corner of the room?

Well, we know you know less than nothing about evolution. Now we also know that you know less than nothing about chaos and entropy, too.
So that chart is wrong? New life forms are emerging today?

Anyone who believes life is an accidental byproduct of an explosion long ago is saying atoms have sentient life.
no, theyre saying that atoms can lead to sentient life.

which they can
We know what ratio of elements we are.
Mix away and make yourself a new friend.

I'd have to mix for a few billion years.
I'd have to mix for a few billion years.

Many say the earth is older than a few billion years. So you've got your mixing completed. All these elements required for a human are all mixed up.
View attachment 152431

So do we see new species popping up out of the ground around us? Why not? All of the elements are there and have been mixing for billions of years.
Oh wait. The claim is life only started at one single point in time. The rest is just mutations (mutations becoming more and more complex, ah!). There are no new life forms starting since that one single blip in time. Why is that?
View attachment 152432
"Many say the earth is older than a few billion years. "

No they don't. Shameless lie. We know the Earth is 4.54 billion years old.
Oh, so 4.54 billion years is not enough time for your elements to become life?

or·der
ˈôrdər/
noun

"Stop what? Asking why you believe atoms create music and like funny cat videos?"

No, stop making stupid, false statements that any 6-year old can look up and find they are stupid and false, and also stop trying to argue from them. I thought I was pretty clear.
Well into this thread now, I'm still waiting for the evidence that carbon writes poetry.

The order of events in Genesis is astoundingly similar to what modern scientists posit.....

If it is not evidence for the God, then the author of Genesis 1, or Moses, perhaps, must have understood that the universe formed first, then the seas appeared on earth, and that life forms were photosynthetic...
The Old Testament was written, although not compiled, almost three millennia ago. It is extraordinary that the writer of the creation account in Genesis, chapter one, got it right in his exposition of the series of events: his sequence turns out to be scientifically accurate in terms of contemporary knowledge.
Sure, light and the day and night cycle formed on day one and vegetation formed on day three BEFORE the sun was formed on day four. :cuckoo:

I was told in school that life could not survive without the sun in my science class. Scientists, ya got ta love them.

That was before they found life at the bottom of the ocean that gets no sun.
Yep. But then they started finding life in places with no sunlight. The science was not settled!

or·der
ˈôrdər/
noun

I didn't even glance at your goofy chart. I get my science knowledge elsewhere.

Yes, of course new "life forms" (whatever the hell that means...aliens? Species? Tall versus short? Round versus blocky? Squishy versus hard? Speak English!!!), i.e. species, are emrging always. Today, yesterday, and tomorrow. Evolution is not something that can be stopped.

or·der
ˈôrdər/
noun

"Stop what? Asking why you believe atoms create music and like funny cat videos?"

No, stop making stupid, false statements that any 6-year old can look up and find they are stupid and false, and also stop trying to argue from them. I thought I was pretty clear.
Well into this thread now, I'm still waiting for the evidence that carbon writes poetry.

All known poetry is carbon-based. Except Horta Poetry (which isn't very good).

fc2b1d5ecb90e9337116dfaf45be03aca91c44af.jpg

Yes, of course new "life forms" (whatever the hell that means...aliens? Species? Tall versus short? Round versus blocky? Squishy versus hard? Speak English!!!), i.e. species, are emrging always. Today, yesterday, and tomorrow. Evolution is not something that can be stopped.
Show us your own evolutionary tree then.
Oh wait, all evolutionary trees have a single point of origin based upon one single occurrence of life starting.

Just like Genesis.

I was told in school that life could not survive without the sun in my science class. Scientists, ya got ta love them.

Yep. But then they started finding life in places with no sunlight. The science was not settled!

Science is never settled. That's what makes it so fun.

So do we see new species popping up out of the ground around us? Why not? All of the elements are there and have been mixing for billions of years.
Top 10 New Species Discovered 2017
Every year brings a new cohort of species into the encyclopedia of life. In the past 12 months, there have been at least 18,000 new species described.
So you think a rat just appeared out of nowhere?

You have more faith than I will ever have.

Show us your own evolutionary tree then.
Oh wait, all evolutionary trees have a single point of origin based upon one single occurrence of life starting.

Just like Genesis.

Just like this ... but with molecules.

600px-%27Adam%27s_Creation_Sistine_Chapel_ceiling%27_by_Michelangelo_JBU33cut.jpg

This is who we are. Just a pile of elements from the Periodic Table.
View attachment 152348

Same elements you will find all around you. When you die, those elements will continue to exist with no effect upon them. Carbon atoms will still be carbon atoms after you die.
View attachment 152347

No matter how accurate you are in combing all of the ratios of atoms in a living being, it is not going to become animated.

View attachment 152349

Atoms are not going to write Beethoven, they does not want to listen to Beethoven, nor does the pile of atoms care if it a living being lives or dies, because the elements have nothing to gain or lose either way. Atoms have no interest in talking to each other, laughing at funny cat videos, or even reading and responding on USMB. Atoms just do not care.

How anyone can delude themselves to believe atoms do have sentient life is beyond me.

Yep. the mathematical probabilities of life evolving randomly are simply fantastic at nearly every stage of the process.

or·der
ˈôrdər/
noun

Here's one possible explanation:

Well, considering we do not have the ability to replicate trillions of billions of chemical reactions that happened over the course of billions of years, we'll have to use the circumstantial and theoretical evidence for abiogenesis.

The strongest being, the universe, on the scale of the observable universe (matter), appears to be deterministic. So, no magic. Therefore, it follows that all life forms on this planet arose from physical interactions of matter. The most successful molecular structures are selected "for" by physical laws; else other structures would have been more successful. Given enough time and iterations, cellular life formed. As this first life diversified over billions of years, our species evolved. Sentience itself evolved in degrees, as we know from studying other primates and other vertebrates. Ability of language also evolved in degrees, as we know for the same reason. Eventually our species got so good at it, that they learned to span chasms of time and space to communicate...by writing things down.

Well that was easy. What's your explanation? Jaysus? That's not an explanation. It's the opposite of an explanation. It explains exactly nothing at all.

Last edited:

Scientists were finding life in places with no sunlight long before they were able to explore the depths of the ocean. Endoliths were first discovered in 1889.

Scientists were finding life in places with no sunlight long before they were able to explore the depths of the ocean. Endoliths were first discovered in 1889.

I had a roomate that was an Endolith in college.

This is who we are. Just a pile of elements from the Periodic Table.
View attachment 152348

Same elements you will find all around you. When you die, those elements will continue to exist with no effect upon them. Carbon atoms will still be carbon atoms after you die.
View attachment 152347

No matter how accurate you are in combing all of the ratios of atoms in a living being, it is not going to become animated.

View attachment 152349

Atoms are not going to write Beethoven, they does not want to listen to Beethoven, nor does the pile of atoms care if it a living being lives or dies, because the elements have nothing to gain or lose either way. Atoms have no interest in talking to each other, laughing at funny cat videos, or even reading and responding on USMB. Atoms just do not care.

How anyone can delude themselves to believe atoms do have sentient life is beyond me.

Yep. the mathematical probabilities of life evolving randomly are simply fantastic at nearly every stage of the process.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You have no math at hand and couldn't produce any if your life depended on it.

What you are doing is employing a fallacy often called, "Hoyle's fallacy", which is just a reiteration of Zeno's paradox. It is not valid reasoning. By this specious reasoning, you can reduce the probability of any event to virtually zero. Of course, that's absurd. Also, by this specious reasoning, you actually make the probability of all events to be equal to one another, as this same, invalid treatment can be used on the "probability" of any event, reducing it to virtually zero. Obviously, the idea that all events have equal probability is absurd. You guys are spouting creationist talking points that were debunked literally 150 years ago.

Forum List

Back