🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The best argument for keeping the death penalty

The United States needs to join the rest of the civilized world by evolving beyond executions. Any third world despot can kill its own citizens, but evolved countries are above such barbaric, antiquated, and utterly unnecessary practices.

Sure, I'd agree to a completely different route:

Tattoo the words "Child Rapist", "Child Murderer" on his forehead and set him free after spending 10 years in the general population of prison.
I disagree. While I oppose capital punishment, I do believe some crimes should be dealt with harshly. I think kid diddlers should be locked up forever based on the many studies showing high recidivism rate among child sex abusers. There should be no sex offender registry because these creeps should never again be given opportunity to endanger children.

I would agree if he were indeed a human

Society has a right and a duty to rid itself of Monsters.
That's why God invented prison.

Electricity, see, I corrected your post.

The United States needs to join the rest of the civilized world by evolving beyond executions. Any third world despot can kill its own citizens, but evolved countries are above such barbaric, antiquated, and utterly unnecessary practices.

Sure, put him in a place where he has people who can't possibly escape his evil and/or learn from it.

That's obviously a great idea!
That's a piss poor argument. Prisoners are all people who have done terrible things. And to claim we should kill someone so they won't teach other prisoners how to molest children betrays a rank unfamiliarity of human sexuality. Either someone is inclined to do that kind of thing or they aren't.

The truth is, cp supporters no longer have any rational arguments, so all you're left with is you just want to kill people you don't like.

I don't like the death penalty but if it were my child I'd want to kill the evil bastard myself, so guess I'm mixed up about it.

I just don't trust the court look what most of them become, POLITICIANS.

I don't like the death penalty but if it were my child I'd want to kill the evil bastard myself, so guess I'm mixed up about it.

My wife and I are committed Catholics, so we were already against the death penalty, but after watching several episodes of Dateline MSNBC, we're even more so. Many murder prosecutions had only circumstantial evidence and the jury convicted anyway, which is why I'm more terrified of a jury of my peers than any terrorist. Some episodes were about the uphill battle these innocent prisoners faced to get a wrongful conviction overturned, which is almost impossible.

I don't trust this government to kill people and and any true conservative with any libertarian streak would feel the same.

With DNA evidence the likelihood of a wrongful conviction diminishes greatly. Anyone who murders another deserves to die. It's a criminal injustice that Manson is still fucking sucking oxygen!

My wife and I are committed Catholics, so we were already against the death penalty, but after watching several episodes of Dateline MSNBC, we're even more so. Many murder prosecutions had only circumstantial evidence and the jury convicted anyway, which is why I'm more terrified of a jury of my peers than any terrorist. Some episodes were about the uphill battle these innocent prisoners faced to get a wrongful conviction overturned, which is almost impossible.

I don't trust this government to kill people and and any true conservative with any libertarian streak would feel the same.

I was raised Catholic. Not seeing the broad brush you're painting with.

Read what he did to an innocent boy. He knows that killing that boy, if caught can result in his death.

To me, the asshole signed his own death warrant and, in effect, committed suicide.

I would have no problem walking through the pearly gates if allowed ( and it would be my pleasure ) to throw the switch on this scum.

Sure, put him in a place where he has people who can't possibly escape his evil and/or learn from it.

That's a piss poor argument. Prisoners are all people who have done terrible things. And to claim we should kill someone so they won't teach other prisoners how to molest children betrays a rank unfamiliarity of human sexuality. Either someone is inclined to do that kind of thing or they aren't.

The truth is, cp supporters no longer have any rational arguments, so all you're left with is you just want to kill people you don't like.
Pedophilia is something one learns? Like homosexuality? :eek-52:

I look at the economics of it... If a person gets life without any chance of parole instead of the death sentence do the math. A dollar's worth of electricity is much cheaper than feeding and housing a criminal for 20 or 30 years. Fry them!

I look at the economics of it... If a person gets life without any chance of parole instead of the death sentence do the math. A dollar's worth of electricity is much cheaper than feeding and housing a criminal for 20 or 30 years. Fry them!
I'd rather punish bad people instead of putting them out of their misery, but to each his own.

Capital punishment is the prime example of Big Government run amok. How can any freedom-loving American abide uniformed government employees ritualistically killing a restrained prisoner?
Because the bastards deserve it?

I would prefer drawing and quartering them, but I am old fashioned that way I guess.

I'd rather punish bad people instead of putting them out of their misery, but to each his own.

That's just barbaric.

Pedophilia is something one learns? Like homosexuality? :eek-52:

Evil is evil. Put someone around those with a propensity to commit evil acts, then yes, they will learn.

Capital punishment is the prime example of Big Government run amok. How can any freedom-loving American abide uniformed government employees ritualistically killing a restrained prisoner?
Because the bastards deserve it?

I would prefer drawing and quartering them, but I am old fashioned that way I guess.
Hey, some people think Big Government is the answer. Others think it's the problem. At least your up front about which side you're on.

That's just barbaric.
As opposed to killing people to save a dollar? That's just Republican.

And any third world nation can release guilty murderers too, and they do.

We have to change how we hand out penalty in our court system. Today we tell juries to sentence completely independent of the likelihood that the person is truly guilty, and so they often convict on flimsy circumstantial evidence then give out death penalties without regard to the certainty of the evidence.

That must stop. Without strong physical evidence, an eye witness or confession, without a known cause of death, or any plain and strong motive, no death penalty should be allowed.

That's just barbaric.

Where did I say I wanted the asswipe killed to save money?????

Damn you're dense

Hey, some people think Big Government is the answer. Others think it's the problem. At least your up front about which side you're on.
I am on the side of making damned sure that these fucks dont ever hurt another person again.

That's just barbaric.

I suppose if some low-life raped and killed your sister you'd want to keep the SOB alive and well for as long as you could. Sounds pretty Democratic to me.

Forum List

Back