The Biden BOOM is here, Best First 100 days Stock Market.

You're making up your own finance definitions. Since we were talking about stock prices, the only meaningful "value" would be "value to investors" in context of the discussion. It makes no sense saying value to someone else doesn't affect stock prices. That's a so the fuck what? I'll let you keep explaining medicine to doctors because you know everything about everything. Except you don't, you just think you do, Cliff Clavin.
Confirming your ignorance once again. Stock prices and "value' have nothing related. Again, look at Warren Buffet. If you can't understand the difference between "price" and "value" you are wasting my time, your time, and anyone who bothers to read your stupid dribble.

You are one, arrogant know it all ass. You're an expert in everything. Sure you are.

In this case, you aren't even making basic logical sense. You never remotely supported your claim that emotions drive stock prices, you never even addressed it. Hey, there's the mail man, run outside and you can explain string theory to him ...
Emotions in decision-making - Wikipedia

But regardless, I don't really worry so much about Biden's fiscal policy effect on bubble markets. But the fed's continuing to force more liquidity into the markets despite the obvious bubbles in equity and even housing caused by more supply dollars and lack of consumer demand scare the shit out of me.

es, I would like you to post a country that has the form of government that you espouse.

Yes, I would like you to post a country that has the form of government that you espouse.

I espouse smaller government and lower taxes.

Using your size of government and taxes argument, where would Somalia fall on that scale? Where would North Korea?

Do either of them collect taxes?
I'd say Somalia has no government and North Korea has 100% government.
I'm not in favor of either.

Are your strawmen carbon-neutral? Made from 100% recyclable materials?
Why are you dodging on the question? Name a country so we can discuss it's success or failure.

I offer
USA with higher taxes on those making over $400K.

You should move to one of those low tax countries.

South Korea, Switzerland and Ireland seem to be doing okay with smaller government.

I offer

In exchange for what?

You should move to one with higher taxes and bigger government.
You might want to revisit that assertion.

Size+of+Government+Country+Gov%E2%80%99t+spending+%25+GDP+2014+Denmark+58+France.jpg

Switzerland 34% and South Korea 30% were lower than 42%
....why would that make me revisit my assertion?

I was looking at this site.........it's 2020.

List of countries by government spending as percentage of GDP - Wikipedia
All three of those governments cited by you are not small bathtub size and rates of taxation aren’t what you consider small. Ireland for example has a top 48% income tax rate for high income earners.

es, I would like you to post a country that has the form of government that you espouse.

Yes, I would like you to post a country that has the form of government that you espouse.

I espouse smaller government and lower taxes.

Using your size of government and taxes argument, where would Somalia fall on that scale? Where would North Korea?

Do either of them collect taxes?
I'd say Somalia has no government and North Korea has 100% government.
I'm not in favor of either.

Are your strawmen carbon-neutral? Made from 100% recyclable materials?
Why are you dodging on the question? Name a country so we can discuss it's success or failure.

I offer

South Korea, Switzerland and Ireland seem to be doing okay with smaller government.

I offer

In exchange for what?

You should move to one with higher taxes and bigger government.
You might want to revisit that assertion.

Size+of+Government+Country+Gov%E2%80%99t+spending+%25+GDP+2014+Denmark+58+France.jpg

Switzerland 34% and South Korea 30% were lower than 42%
....why would that make me revisit my assertion?

I was looking at this site.........it's 2020.

List of countries by government spending as percentage of GDP - Wikipedia
All three of those governments cited by you are not small bathtub size and rates of taxation aren’t what you consider small. Ireland for example has a top 48% income tax rate for high income earners.

All three of those governments cited by you are not small bathtub size

I didn't claim any of them were bathtub size. Or that I wanted bathtub size.

Ireland for example has a top 48% income tax rate for high income earners.

And what is our top rate in the US?

You're making up your own finance definitions. Since we were talking about stock prices, the only meaningful "value" would be "value to investors" in context of the discussion. It makes no sense saying value to someone else doesn't affect stock prices. That's a so the fuck what? I'll let you keep explaining medicine to doctors because you know everything about everything. Except you don't, you just think you do, Cliff Clavin.
Confirming your ignorance once again. Stock prices and "value' have nothing related. Again, look at Warren Buffet. If you can't understand the difference between "price" and "value" you are wasting my time, your time, and anyone who bothers to read your stupid dribble.

You are one, arrogant know it all ass. You're an expert in everything. Sure you are.

In this case, you aren't even making basic logical sense. You never remotely supported your claim that emotions drive stock prices, you never even addressed it. Hey, there's the mail man, run outside and you can explain string theory to him ...
Emotions in decision-making - Wikipedia

But regardless, I don't really worry so much about Biden's fiscal policy effect on bubble markets. But the fed's continuing to force more liquidity into the markets despite the obvious bubbles in equity and even housing caused by more supply dollars and lack of consumer demand scare the shit out of me.

Markets aren't driven by small players, they are driven by the big ones. But I always find it fascinating how people like you with zero finance education or experience believe you know everything about finance. And that vast non-experience tells you to listen to no one but leftist lawyers who tell you to believe what is totally in their own self serving interest, and you do. And you never notice when they are wrong every time

The libs didn't give Trump credit for his economy for three years...it was still Obama's in their fucked up heads...but now in less than half a year its Joe's economy?????....I don't think so...when it crashes then it will be Joe's...and the crash is coming...and you all had better be ready for it....don't let it take you by surprise like in 08 after Pelosi and Reid killed it.....
GWB killed it starting 07' loser.
Bush was a coward...an old school get along with them RINO....the master minds of the 08 collapse are Pelosi Reid and Schumer....forced banks to lend to unqualified folks and bad loans went belly up and banks were caught in the middle....they could not sell these bad loans to anyone...that affected the market and it collapsed....its coming again...hope you are ready...

I would suggest you watch the Big Short. The mortgage crisis was caused by Phil Gramm, James Leach, and Thomas Bliley, three Republicans, and it was called the Gramm, Leach, Bliley act. Look it up. Learn something.

It’s standard conservative denial and projection.

Republicans deregulate, cause another crash, then deny their action and blame it on those who warned that the deregulation would cause the crash.

My question, how many times do we have to endure this before Americans wake up to put a stop to it?

Republicans deregulate, cause another crash, then deny their action and blame it on those who warned that the deregulation would cause the crash.

That's awful!!!!

So when HUD forced Fannie and Freddie to buy subprime mortgages,
was that regulation or deregulation?

That's awful!!!!

Yes it was.

The bush boy deregulated Fannie Mae. Before he dergulated, it was illegal for Fannie Mae to buy those loans.

He held a press conference about it sayin it would allow more people to own homes.

Ignoring the fact that prior to deregulation, sub prime loans were classified as predatory lending and illegal in most states.

That's awful!!!!

Yes it was.

The bush boy deregulated Fannie Mae. Before he dergulated, it was illegal for Fannie Mae to buy those loans.

He held a press conference about it sayin it would allow more people to own homes.

Ignoring the fact that prior to deregulation, sub prime loans were classified as predatory lending and illegal in most states.

Yes it was.

Was what? Regulation or deregulation?

When was it illegal? Whan did he make it legal? When were they FORCED to buy subprime? Link?

The libs didn't give Trump credit for his economy for three years...it was still Obama's in their fucked up heads...but now in less than half a year its Joe's economy?????....I don't think so...when it crashes then it will be Joe's...and the crash is coming...and you all had better be ready for it....don't let it take you by surprise like in 08 after Pelosi and Reid killed it.....
GWB killed it starting 07' loser.
Bush was a coward...an old school get along with them RINO....the master minds of the 08 collapse are Pelosi Reid and Schumer....forced banks to lend to unqualified folks and bad loans went belly up and banks were caught in the middle....they could not sell these bad loans to anyone...that affected the market and it collapsed....its coming again...hope you are ready...

I would suggest you watch the Big Short. The mortgage crisis was caused by Phil Gramm, James Leach, and Thomas Bliley, three Republicans, and it was called the Gramm, Leach, Bliley act. Look it up. Learn something.

It’s standard conservative denial and projection.

My question, how many times do we have to endure this before Americans wake up to put a stop to it?

Yes, wonderful politicians and bureaucrats just care so much about us, damn it. Let them decide what we can do and we all live much more wonderful lives under their care.

Government is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Just trust them! You will be endlessly rewarded and amazed!!!!!

Your head is just an empty shell at this point

The mortgage crisis was caused by Phil Gramm, James Leach, and Thomas Bliley, three Republicans, and it was called the Gramm, Leach, Bliley act. Look it up. Learn something.

You never said, what did that Act do to mortgages?

The GLBA repealed parts of the Glass-Steagall act. It removed the barriers to consolidation. Banking companies, insurance companies, and securities companies could all consolidate. From my perspective, insurance companies should sell insurance, banks should handle mortgages, and securities companies should handles securities. After the GLBA, insurance companies could handle mortgages and banks could sell securities, and securities companies could sell insurance.

Worse, the GLBA failed to provide an oversight authority for large investment bank holding companies. Think Lehman Brothers and AIG. I mean the whole thing was a disaster waiting to happen. Blaming loans to minorities as the problem is simply diversion. The real problem was greed, and an unregulated financial landscape where things quickly spun out of control. Like I have mentioned, the Big Short is a great movie, and captures the dynamics of the crisis.

I mean it worked kind of like this. Companies didn't provide mortgages to those minorities, they didn't do no doc loans, or loans to unqualified borrowers, because the government made them. They made those loans because they could charge more interest. Now, the value of those loans, like a stock, was the present value of the anticipated payments. Think an 11% loan on a mobile home, which was Greentree's forte, and yes, they went belly up, taking Banker's Life and Casualty with them.
There was all kinds of cream on the top of that milk, and companies took that cream off the top, bundled those loans with other, good loans, and sold them as securities to firms like AIG who then sold them to investors.

The real blame for the whole crisis rests on one number cruncher, I forget his name. But he came up with an equation that basically said, you can put this many rotten apples in a barrel with this many good apples, and in the end, all the apples will turn out good. Any good redneck knows that would never work, but his numbers said it would. Putting C rated loans with A rated loans ain't going to make the whole package A rated, but yet, that is what happened. And when the C rated loans went bad, the A rated Mortgage backed securities, suddenly collapsed in value. And they were insured. I mean insurance on mortgage back securities is the only insurance that I know of that did not require a loss reserve, because it wasn't regulated, taking us back to the GLBA. So the whole damn thing came crumbling down spectacularly.

The mortgage crisis was caused by Phil Gramm, James Leach, and Thomas Bliley, three Republicans, and it was called the Gramm, Leach, Bliley act. Look it up. Learn something.

The GLBA repealed parts of the Glass-Steagall act. It removed the barriers to consolidation. Banking companies, insurance companies, and securities companies could all consolidate. From my perspective, insurance companies should sell insurance, banks should handle mortgages, and securities companies should handles securities. After the GLBA, insurance companies could handle mortgages and banks could sell securities, and securities companies could sell insurance.

Worse, the GLBA failed to provide an oversight authority for large investment bank holding companies. Think Lehman Brothers and AIG. I mean the whole thing was a disaster waiting to happen. Blaming loans to minorities as the problem is simply diversion. The real problem was greed, and an unregulated financial landscape where things quickly spun out of control. Like I have mentioned, the Big Short is a great movie, and captures the dynamics of the crisis.

I mean it worked kind of like this. Companies didn't provide mortgages to those minorities, they didn't do no doc loans, or loans to unqualified borrowers, because the government made them. They made those loans because they could charge more interest. Now, the value of those loans, like a stock, was the present value of the anticipated payments. Think an 11% loan on a mobile home, which was Greentree's forte, and yes, they went belly up, taking Banker's Life and Casualty with them.
There was all kinds of cream on the top of that milk, and companies took that cream off the top, bundled those loans with other, good loans, and sold them as securities to firms like AIG who then sold them to investors.

The real blame for the whole crisis rests on one number cruncher, I forget his name. But he came up with an equation that basically said, you can put this many rotten apples in a barrel with this many good apples, and in the end, all the apples will turn out good. Any good redneck knows that would never work, but his numbers said it would. Putting C rated loans with A rated loans ain't going to make the whole package A rated, but yet, that is what happened. And when the C rated loans went bad, the A rated Mortgage backed securities, suddenly collapsed in value. And they were insured. I mean insurance on mortgage back securities is the only insurance that I know of that did not require a loss reserve, because it wasn't regulated, taking us back to the GLBA. So the whole damn thing came crumbling down spectacularly.

The GLBA repealed parts of the Glass-Steagall act.

Yup. And which part of Glass-Steagall mentioned mortgages?

Worse, the GLBA failed to provide an oversight authority for large investment bank holding companies.

Still not about mortgages.

Think Lehman Brothers and AIG.

Don't you mean Lehman and Bear Stearns?

Blaming loans to minorities as the problem is simply diversion.

Forcing banks to make loans to borrowers with lower income and credit scores is not deregulation.

The real problem was greed, and an unregulated financial landscape where things quickly spun out of control.

Glass-Steagall didn't outlaw greed. Repealing it didn't invent greed.

Think an 11% loan on a mobile home, which was Greentree's forte,

Green Tree couldn't make that loan under Glass-Steagall?

bundled those loans with other, good loans, and sold them as securities to firms like AIG who then sold them to investors.

I don't think AIG was involved in creating MBS.

And when the C rated loans went bad, the A rated Mortgage backed securities, suddenly collapsed in value. And they were insured.

A small portion were insured.

The OP meant to say the Biden Kaboom he's destroying the country.

Yeah, highest quarterly growth rate since 1984.

Name the Biden policies responsible you fool. Oh how the left love to claim credit for wins they had nothing to do with. Come here snowflake :itsok:

The American Rescue plan you dumbass. Economists predicted .6 percent growth for the first quarter, but the stimulus, and the fact that almost 100 million Americans were vaccinated pushed it to over 6 percent instead point 6 percent. Unemployment claims hit a new low last week. Turns out, Trump was little more than a huge turd depressing the economy.

Name the Biden policies responsible you fool. Oh how the left love to claim credit for wins they had nothing to do with. Come here snowflake :itsok:

The American Rescue plan you dumbass. Economists predicted .6 percent growth for the first quarter, but the stimulus, and the fact that almost 100 million Americans were vaccinated pushed it to over 6 percent instead point 6 percent. Unemployment claims hit a new low last week. Turns out, Trump was little more than a huge turd depressing the economy.

:auiqs.jpg:go ahead provide details on how the plan resulted in the win you are trying to take credit for. You just shit yourself, now run away and hide.

America is getting its swagga back.
Thanks to Biden and his economic and covid wins.

The stock market has gained more under Biden than any other ever, in the first 100 days.

This is just the beginning of the biggest economic run our country has ever had, and Biden is doing an incredible job considering what he inherited.

This is what MAGA is.

Which proves how out of touch the Stock market is as an indicator of our economic health. The working man and middle class folks have had their lives torn apart by COVID/lockdowns. Small business hit with a baseball bat. Neighborhoods wrecked. And yet the maerket is just fine? Of course the only thing proping it up is government money that doesn't exist.

The GLBA repealed parts of the Glass-Steagall act.

Yup. And which part of Glass-Steagall mentioned mortgages?

Worse, the GLBA failed to provide an oversight authority for large investment bank holding companies.

Still not about mortgages.

Think Lehman Brothers and AIG.

Don't you mean Lehman and Bear Stearns?

Blaming loans to minorities as the problem is simply diversion.

Forcing banks to make loans to borrowers with lower income and credit scores is not deregulation.

The real problem was greed, and an unregulated financial landscape where things quickly spun out of control.

Glass-Steagall didn't outlaw greed. Repealing it didn't invent greed.

Think an 11% loan on a mobile home, which was Greentree's forte,

Green Tree couldn't make that loan under Glass-Steagall?

bundled those loans with other, good loans, and sold them as securities to firms like AIG who then sold them to investors.

I don't think AIG was involved in creating MBS.

And when the C rated loans went bad, the A rated Mortgage backed securities, suddenly collapsed in value. And they were insured.

A small portion were insured.

AIG was heavily involved in CDS, credit default swaps, which is the insurance on those MBS's. And the problem wasn't that a high percentage of MBS's were insured, the problem was the many MBS's were insured "naked", which means the insurance holder had no interest in any MBS's, they were just betting on a default. I mean that shit was stupid. First, no loss reserves required to insure the MBS's, and then, no interest required in the MBS's in order to purchase insurance. That is not the way insurance works. You can't buy life insurance on someone unless you have an "Insurable interest". But a CDS, no problem, you don't to have an insurable interest. I mean it was like buying collision insurance on your neighbors car when their kid just got his drivers license.

Greentree was part of Conseco, an insurance company. So no, Greentree could not have made that loan prior to the GLBA. I mean think about it, does it make sense to have the reserves of an insurance company loaned out to people? What, are life insurance companies now going pay death claims with monthly payments?

Here is the thing. There was no government oversight, and yet the government bailed these companies out. That is bullshit. No oversight, no bailout. That is the "free market"

:auiqs.jpg:go ahead provide details on how the plan resulted in the win you are trying to take credit for. You just shit yourself, now run away and hide.

Stimulus checks, massive vaccinations, businesses reopening or taking advantage of higher capacity levels. Delivering a message of hope and optimism. Sorry, but not everyone is a gloom and doom Republican wishing for America's failure simply because a Republican is not in the White House.

Forum List

Back