The Big Lie

This is not a conspiracy. These are things that have happened. THAT MAKES THEM FACTS.

At the same time, I noted, the 2020 presidential election violated internationally accepted criteria for a free and fair election. “Voters were denied the ‘absolute’ right to a secret ballot [through flawed vote-by-mail systems]. They were denied ‘equal opportunity of access to the media, particularly the mass communications media, in order to put forward their political views.’ They were denied ‘security with respect to their lives and property.’ And they were denied “freedom of movement, assembly, association and expression.’

Someone tell me that did not happen.
Maybe we should bring back the fairness doctrine.

Just to clarify, so you think the government should force left wing media to give equal time to Republicans? That's what you're saying?
And Breitbart and Faux would have to give equal time to Democrats.

(They'd implode in less than a week)

This is not a conspiracy. These are things that have happened. THAT MAKES THEM FACTS.

At the same time, I noted, the 2020 presidential election violated internationally accepted criteria for a free and fair election. “Voters were denied the ‘absolute’ right to a secret ballot [through flawed vote-by-mail systems]. They were denied ‘equal opportunity of access to the media, particularly the mass communications media, in order to put forward their political views.’ They were denied ‘security with respect to their lives and property.’ And they were denied “freedom of movement, assembly, association and expression.’

Just to clarify, so you think the government should force left wing media to give equal time to Republicans? That's what you're saying?

The Fairness Doctrine never did that either. Broadcast networks had to give time for opposing opinions but not equal time. Possible when there were three networks, not today.

Fair enough, Republicans don't need equal time on left wing networks, just the ability to respond would do it.

So that's what you want, Sealy?
Yes. I would love Republicans to come on MSNBC at the end of a show and explain why Rachel Maddow is full of shit and I wish Randi Rhodes was allowed to go on for 4 hours right after Rush. She was just as popular as he was on the radio. In head to head markets, she beat Rush. But putting that liberal bullshit was not what the 6 corporations wanted. Instead they put a guy just like rush on after rush. Then another guy just like rush on after him. Brainwashing.

Yes, I would love one radio station that has Rush and Randi on it. Give her the shittiest hours of the day I'm sure but still I'm sure out of 24 hours she could get better ratings than whatever they have on at that shitty hour. But they'd rather not have her on and you know it.

There is no need for liberal talk radio. I find it hard to believe that her ratings were ever good.
They were. I loved Air America. Sad that it went out of business. The point is, whatever channel Rush was on, they have 24 hours to fill. It's obvious that there is a slow 4 hours during the night or day where a liberal talk show would get better ratings than whatever they have on now. Us liberals have no show to listen to. Trust me, there is a market out there.

But like Air America, whatever channel Rush was on, is a conservative radio channel. No question about it. It's not fair and balanced. Same with every show on Fox. You could say the same thing about MSNBC. It's got a liberal slant.

I would love a new channel that has liberal and conservative shows throughout the day. Whoever is number 1 gets the 8pm time slot.

Talk Radio flourished because it was a counter point to the conventional wisdom pushed by the MSM.

Liberals already get their voices "heard" in MSM, and pop culture.

THey have no need for a counter point.
Fuck that. I should have some political talk to listen to just like you do. There is a market for it but you're ok with the corporations controlling/censoring it because you're ok with censoring talk you don't like. I get it.

You're being lied to just like everyone else.

I didn't cancel her. I would be fine with you having such a show to listen to. I just don't see how it could survive as normal talk radio.

Maybe as satellite radio.

My point is that I don't see why there would be such a market and the failure of lib talk radio seems to support my view on it.
All you have to know is you always lose the popular vote so as far as the number of Democrats compared to Republicans, we win every time. There are more of us than there are of you.

But not a lot of us listen to liberal AM talk radio. Not like cons listened to Rush. And if you liked Rush that station gave you another guy just like rush right after rush, and another guy just like him right after him. If they were smart business people they would put Randi on.

Several of you have even admitted you listened to Randi Rhodes. You liked her. Not for the same reasons I liked her, but you liked her. Same way I don't like Rush the same way you guys do but I listened and liked Rush. He was the best con talker you had.

The radio station would rather lose money and keep brainwashing republicans. It's worth the loss of money they could be making by putting Thom Hartmann or Randi Rhodes on. They don't want fair and balanced. And yet you continue to believe the media is liberal.

Yea, only enough to piss you off. They pretend to be liberal to rile up the base. YOU

YOu seem to be actively ignoring my point about how the mainstream media gives you lefties all the media you need, while for the right leaning consumers, it is does not.

No, the problem is that right leaning consumers, only want media to lie to them. As soon as anyone starts telling them the truth, they look elsewhere.

When FOX News called Arizona for Joe Biden, their viewers didn't say "Holy shit, Trump lost Arizona", they changed the channel to OAN and Newsmax, who continued to lie to them.

In order to get it's viewers back, FOX then embraced the lie that the election was stolen, only to be sued by Dominion Voting Machines for over $1 billion dollars. A suit FOX will lose on the facts.

This is the fact check rating of the most watched source of "news and politics" for conservative viewers:

We rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories.

How can Americans make well informed choices about their future, based on "poor sourcing" and "spreading of conspiracy theories"?

The Republican Party is now disavowing the truth and promoting the lie that Donald Trump won the election, because their voters will throw them out of office if they don't continue to lie to them. Both the lie, and the a national "news" television network which continues to support the, are now a clear and present danger to democracy in America.

The truth really fucking matters right now, and it's time for conservatives to cut this shit out!

Last edited:

It's hilarious how badly you children want that phrase to mean something else.

Sorry, kid. You're stuck with it. Everyone knows what The Big Lie is.

You can't have a free and fair election with the means of information corrupted and brown shirt mobs operating in the streets.

It is not our people that are rioting and burning and looting and killing in the streets, for 4 and a half years and counting now.

Seems your side might be the hate side.

Still trying to conflate the recent race riots over police conduct with the Trumpyberra foul on his final "Hail Mary" pass. "Pence for the Win!".

Haven't race riots been happening at least as long as we've had peaceful transfers of power?

No, conflating the looting, rioting, fires and violence you supported with January 6 which we condemned the ones who went into the capital and those things didn't even happen.

You're a fascist and a racist. And looting and setting fires has nothing to do with race

Phony fucking Trumpters, reminds me of Jake!

You said you should only hear news you agree with. To hear multiple sides is scary and frankly dangerous. It's "faux" news for you to hear news you disagree with. Fox News presents more than one side. It has to be stopped.

You only want the leftist fascist and racist news. And yes, that makes you a fascist and a racist. You were totally clear about your standards. You agree with it or you demand to not hear it

The Fairness Doctrine never did that either. Broadcast networks had to give time for opposing opinions but not equal time. Possible when there were three networks, not today.

Fair enough, Republicans don't need equal time on left wing networks, just the ability to respond would do it.

Yes. I would love Republicans to come on MSNBC at the end of a show and explain why Rachel Maddow is full of shit and I wish Randi Rhodes was allowed to go on for 4 hours right after Rush. She was just as popular as he was on the radio. In head to head markets, she beat Rush. But putting that liberal bullshit was not what the 6 corporations wanted. Instead they put a guy just like rush on after rush. Then another guy just like rush on after him. Brainwashing.

Yes, I would love one radio station that has Rush and Randi on it. Give her the shittiest hours of the day I'm sure but still I'm sure out of 24 hours she could get better ratings than whatever they have on at that shitty hour. But they'd rather not have her on and you know it.

There is no need for liberal talk radio. I find it hard to believe that her ratings were ever good.
They were. I loved Air America. Sad that it went out of business. The point is, whatever channel Rush was on, they have 24 hours to fill. It's obvious that there is a slow 4 hours during the night or day where a liberal talk show would get better ratings than whatever they have on now. Us liberals have no show to listen to. Trust me, there is a market out there.

But like Air America, whatever channel Rush was on, is a conservative radio channel. No question about it. It's not fair and balanced. Same with every show on Fox. You could say the same thing about MSNBC. It's got a liberal slant.

I would love a new channel that has liberal and conservative shows throughout the day. Whoever is number 1 gets the 8pm time slot.

Talk Radio flourished because it was a counter point to the conventional wisdom pushed by the MSM.

Fuck that. I should have some political talk to listen to just like you do. There is a market for it but you're ok with the corporations controlling/censoring it because you're ok with censoring talk you don't like. I get it.

I didn't cancel her. I would be fine with you having such a show to listen to. I just don't see how it could survive as normal talk radio.

My point is that I don't see why there would be such a market and the failure of lib talk radio seems to support my view on it.
All you have to know is you always lose the popular vote so as far as the number of Democrats compared to Republicans, we win every time. There are more of us than there are of you.

But not a lot of us listen to liberal AM talk radio. Not like cons listened to Rush. And if you liked Rush that station gave you another guy just like rush right after rush, and another guy just like him right after him. If they were smart business people they would put Randi on.

Several of you have even admitted you listened to Randi Rhodes. You liked her. Not for the same reasons I liked her, but you liked her. Same way I don't like Rush the same way you guys do but I listened and liked Rush. He was the best con talker you had.

The radio station would rather lose money and keep brainwashing republicans. It's worth the loss of money they could be making by putting Thom Hartmann or Randi Rhodes on. They don't want fair and balanced. And yet you continue to believe the media is liberal.

Yea, only enough to piss you off. They pretend to be liberal to rile up the base. YOU

YOu seem to be actively ignoring my point about how the mainstream media gives you lefties all the media you need, while for the right leaning consumers, it is does not.
:lol: Look who is crying over capitalism and the free market. (It's also an empty whine.) You have plenty of media catering just to you and only you. You have ALL the radio stations, you have at least three TV broadcast channels and the internet is open to all.

It is not the free market. It is liberals abusing their positions and putting politics ahead of their professional responsibilities.

AND regardless, my point stands. It creates an environment that constantly and overwhelmingly allows people like you to wallow in easy self validation, with your preconceived notions and prejudices CONSTANTLY reinforced and magnified right back at you.

THus, no real market for liberal talk radio.

That is why liberal talk radio has not worked.

Like I said, perhaps as satellite radio.
Where, exactly, is it that you don't feel you have fair representation? You have ALL the radio stations (despite there absolutely being a demand for liberal talk radio) and you have more than a few television stations dedicated solely to spreading your propaganda. The internet is available to all equally. Where is it that your "voice" isn't being heard? No where. Empty whine.

Gatewaypundit not enough for ya?

This little side discussion is about the lack of market for liberal talk radio.

If you must post, contribute something that doesn't sound retarded.
Gatewaypundit is plenty retarded enough.

We should not do what Democrats did after 2016, and spend four years chasing conspiracy theories.
You mean like Benghazi and Hillary's emails?
Neither of those were conspiracy theories.
Neither was Russian interference, Ukrainian strong Arm attempt or the attempt to halt the EC vote count by Congress.

New Audio Shows Aggressive Giuliani Trying To Pressure Ukraine For Biden Investigation​

CNN obtained audio of a July 2019 call that took place just days before Donald Trump’s controversial conversation with the Ukrainian president.

I don't think audio/video of Rudy strong arming the Ukraine will change any conservatives minds.

Oh, and how come I didn't see this story on liberal ABC this morning? Or will I see this story on the CBS evening news? Then the media isn't liberal.
I see no proof that the audio is of Giuliani or any Ukrainian official. It's just a montage of still photographs accompanied by audio of people speaking.

Maybe ABC and CBS do not relish running unverified stories that may come back later and bite them in the ass.

CNN is no longer a trusted source. CNN is FAKE NEWS!

You can't have a free and fair election with the means of information corrupted and brown shirt mobs operating in the streets.

The lies were allowed during the election season. It was only after Trumpybears failed "Hail Mary" Coup that drastic action was taken against him.

Still trying to conflate the Race Rioters with Hitler's well regulated Militia.

No, the problem is that right leaning consumers, only want media to lie to them. As soon as anyone starts telling them the truth, they look elsewhere.

When FOX News called Arizona for Joe Biden, their viewers didn't say "Holy shit, Trump lost Arizona", they changed the channel to OAN and Newsmax, who continued to lie to them.

In order to get it's viewers back, FOX then embraced the lie that the election was stolen, only to be sued by Dominion Voting Machines for over $1 billion dollars. A suit FOX will lose on the facts.

This is the fact check rating of the most watched source of "news and politics" for conservative viewers:

We rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories.

How can Americans make well informed choices about their future, based on "poor sourcing" and "spreading of conspiracy theories"?

The Republican Party is now disavowing the truth and promoting the lie that Donald Trump won the election, because their voters will throw them out of office if they don't continue to lie to them. Both the lie, and the a national "news" television network which continues to support the, are now a clear and present danger to democracy in America.

The truth really fucking matters right now, and it's time for conservatives to cut this shit out!

All people like to be told what they want to hear. That you think that only happens to your enemies is you being a normal person, ie, irrational and lacking is self awareness.

MY POINT was, that thanks to your dominance of media and pop culture that by and large you libs have that. Your world view is constantly validated by your own people telling you what you want to hear.

THUS, there is no market for left wing talk radio.

I didn't mean to strike a nerve on you people. Settle your asses down.

• Love
Reactions: kaz

:lol: Look who is crying over capitalism and the free market. (It's also an empty whine.) You have plenty of media catering just to you and only you. You have ALL the radio stations, you have at least three TV broadcast channels and the internet is open to all.

It is not the free market. It is liberals abusing their positions and putting politics ahead of their professional responsibilities.

AND regardless, my point stands. It creates an environment that constantly and overwhelmingly allows people like you to wallow in easy self validation, with your preconceived notions and prejudices CONSTANTLY reinforced and magnified right back at you.

Where, exactly, is it that you don't feel you have fair representation? You have ALL the radio stations (despite there absolutely being a demand for liberal talk radio) and you have more than a few television stations dedicated solely to spreading your propaganda. The internet is available to all equally. Where is it that your "voice" isn't being heard? No where. Empty whine.

Media and pop culture and the internet.

Your claim on the internet is especially silly, considering the abuses of youtube.

If there was such a market for left wing radio, why has it always failed?

All people like to be told what they want to hear. That you think that only happens to your enemies is you being a normal person, ie, irrational and lacking is self awareness.

MY POINT was, that thanks to your dominance of media and pop culture that by and large you libs have that. Your world view is constantly validated by your own people telling you what you want to hear.

THUS, there is no market for left wing talk radio.

I didn't mean to strike a nerve on you people. Settle your asses down.
The only nerve being struck is yours. The sniveling, whining nerve. You have plenty of media dedicated solely to your point of view. When you need validation for your viewpoint, you can turn on Fox, ONN or any of the other bubble media outlets. What you CAN'T do is get mainstream media sources to repeat your lies and that has turned you into a tantrum baby.

In what way is that not a free market?

Again, how is it not free?

The free market would make the decisions based on what would generate profits.

Making business decisions based on politics, is not that.

What part of that, are you disagreeing with?

The lies were allowed during the election season. It was only after Trumpybears failed "Hail Mary" Coup that drastic action was taken against him.

Still trying to conflate the Race Rioters with Hitler's well regulated Militia.

Your non sequitur response is noted.

My point stands.

Not necessarily. Free market participants can make decisions based on whatever they like. (that's the "free" part)

Your claim on the internet is especially silly, considering the abuses of youtube.

It hasn't "always failed". When competing on an even playing field, head to head with conservative talk, liberal talk radio did just fine. You are aware that conservative media bought up all the radio stations and only put their voices on, right? This isn't news to you, correct?

Not necessarily. Free market participants can make decisions based on whatever they like. (that's the "free" part)

True.

IF the entity is a privately owned business and the business OWNER is the one making the call.

Beyond that, you got stockholders? Or even partners? Your ethical if not professional responsibility is to generate profits for them, not to play your partisan political games.

It hasn't "always failed". When competing on an even playing field, head to head with conservative talk, liberal talk radio did just fine. You are aware that conservative media bought up all the radio stations and only put their voices on, right? This isn't news to you, correct?

How do you define, "just fine"?

And if it did so well, why were the owners willing to sell profitable businesses? Did the conservatives pay above market rates just to shut down a lib voice?

Forum List

Back