The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

They explained them plainly. People just choose to refuse.

Why is your watch or clock based on 12/60? And where did that counting system come from?

Last edited:
I want you to divide 3 hours and 20 minutes, by 2 hours and 40 minutes.This is the counting system the Sumerians used. Taught to them by their gods, the Anunnakil. This was the first counting system ever.

So it's 2:40/3:20 in sexigesimal. or the reverse....

You can try to google it, but back in 4000bc they didn't have google. This was how they were taught to make mathematical computations. Using sexagesmial computations.

We can't imagine it today.

Last edited:
I want you to divide 3 hours and 20 minutes, by 2 hours and 40 minutes.This is the counting system the Sumerians used. Taught to them by their gods, the Anunnakil. This was the first counting system ever.

So it's 2:40/3:20 in sexigesimal. or the reverse....

You can try to google it, but back in 4000bc they didn't have google. This was how they were taught to make mathematical computations. Using sexagesmial computations.

We can't imagine it today.

The small multiplication table in our system goes from 1x1 to 10x10 - this are 100 multiplications. The small multiplication table of the Sumerians was from 1x1 to 60x60 - this are 3600 multiplications.

our system: x
their system: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taught to them by their gods, the Anunnakil.

Come on.

Or, it could arise from using two hands to count: 5 fingers on one hand, 12 knuckles on the other.

Or it could be magically divined by the gods or ancient aliens!

What to believe....?

Last edited:
What did you say why existence exists?
Excuse you. You are tasked with answering this question.

So, your answer?

I don't know. Why is what exists not independent from mathematics?

Math can no longer explain galactic movement which is why physicist are now speculating that there is no universe except as code...…………..

So the universe is not, and this means we are not too - but we have the illusions something is. How are we able to have this illusion while we are not existing the same time? Are we the dream and/or the mathematics and/or the spirit of anyone or anything? But what is this if this is not someone or something?

-----
„Today, I went to sleep under a plum tree. There, I dreamed I was a butterfly, flying so pleasently. Then, I fell asleep, and the dream ended. Now - I have to ask myself - am I Zhuang Zi who dreamed of a butterfly? Or am I that butterfly, dreaming I am Zhuang Zi?“
Zhuang Zi
-----

Last edited:

So, your answer?

Math can no longer explain galactic movement which is why physicist are now speculating that there is no universe except as code...…………..

So the universe is not, and this means we are not too - but we have the illusions something is. How are we able to have this illusion while we are not existing the same time? Are we the dream and/or the mathematics and/or the spirit of anyone or anything? But what is this if this is not someone or something?

-----
„Today, I went to sleep under a plum tree. There, I dreamed I was a butterfly, flying so pleasently. Then, I fell asleep, and the dream ended. Now - I have to ask myself - am I Zhuang Zi who dreamed of a butterfly? Or am I that butterfly, dreaming I am Zhuang Zi?“
Zhuang Zi
-----

Actually tyson is partly correct because we could be considered computers as we are the result of the genetic code that creates and operates us. Tyson is an atheist who has found god in science but does not want to admit this so now he claims the universe is a simulation which requires a simulator or God.

So, your answer?

-----
Zhuang Zi
-----

Actually tyson is partly correct because we could be considered computers as we are the result of the genetic code that creates and operates us.

If you would be your genetical twin you would be another person.

Tyson is an atheist who has found god in science but does not want to admit this so now he claims the universe is a simulation which requires a simulator or God.

The world is wonderful. And sometimes something remembers us to this fact. I don't know what had happened to this Mr. Tyson. But for example the (mathematical plausible) theory about, that the universe could be a 2 dimensional "plan" (far outside where we are not able to see it), which produces a universe like a three dimensional hologram (¿an illusion?) is not more or less wonderful than the fact that somewhere within a nearly empty space is a globe turning around a sun and we are some living dust on this globe.

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.
Neil Armstrong

Last edited:
This, according to some estimate, give or take quite a few zeroes I'm sure. A deeper philosophical question which goes beyond theology, though it certainly entangles it.

So, this number again, 1000000000000000000000 planets! According to The Institute of Astronomy at University of Cambridge. How many solar systems are there? | Institute of Astronomy

Putting the exact estimation aside. We would have to take a massive leap of faith to think that not only is there NOT other life in the universe, but, also of such existences, that there aren't many far more advanced than us.

Imagine a planet the size of Jupiter, 100's of billions of citizens. Imagine them not having our reptilian instincts of rage and violence, or developing weapons of war to be used against each other. Consider if they had the average brain power 250x that of our smartest humans, and existed for much longer, maybe lived on average 10000 years.

What would be the end result? Is there any religion that makes any consideration for this possibility (outside, I think Scientology)? It really is a daunting concept. We could be the most advanced by far, we might be Gods great creation. It would hardly seem we could be alone though based on the odds and even plain randomness.
As Carl Sagan once pointed out, the size of the universe, the vast variety of possible life forms, the time span of human life on earth compared to the time span of the universe makes it unlikely that there will exist intelligent life as we know at the point in space and point in time that we explore.

The vast majority of those billions and billions of planets are so far from the earth that even if we had vehicles that travel the speed of light, we would be unlikely to find intelligent life. It is far more likely that we would find some signs of life long gone or some promise of intelligent life developing eons into the future. That's not to say that we should not explore space, because that is where our future lies.

Last edited:

So, your answer?

-----
Zhuang Zi
-----

Actually tyson is partly correct because we could be considered computers as we are the result of the genetic code that creates and operates us.

If you would be your genetical twin you would be another person.

Tyson is an atheist who has found god in science but does not want to admit this so now he claims the universe is a simulation which requires a simulator or God.

The world is wonderful. And sometimes something remembers us to this fact. I don't know what had happened to this Mr. Tyson. But for example the (mathematical plausible) theory about, that the universe could be a 2 dimensional "plan" (far outside where we are not able to see it), which produces a universe like a three dimensional hologram (¿an illusion?) is not more or less wonderful than the fact that somewhere within a nearly empty space is a globe turning around a sun and we are some living dust on this globe.

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.
Neil Armstrong

Nope the program automatically mutates itself to fit into the environment creating a new and better computer with each generation

So, your answer?

So if we can not explain it mathematically, then it does not exist. :cuckoo:

So, your answer?

So if we can not explain it mathematically, then it does not exist. :cuckoo:

Describe a universe without natural laws. What is it?

Try to imagine a universe without mathematics.
Isaac Asimov wrote a short scifi story about two guys chatting. Meanwhile impossible erratic things were happening all around them. They were talking about a scifi short story they read about a universe where events were mathematically predictable. They decided they would not want to live in a place like that.

Forum List

Back