The Cappucino Corral

Well, I gave away 48 glowsticks in 45 minutes during Trick-or-Treat Saturday evening. I thought the weather was going to tamp down the revelry, but, as it turned out, it did not rain and the temperature hovered around 40.

Next year I had better buy 100 glowsticks.

You can never have too many glowsticks, I always say.

It is not easy to die, but it is not that hard either. It is but one thing. Quite another matter entirely is to throw oneself against the unforgiving machinery of all that encompasses. Nationalism, patriotism, and religion are all easily rewarded, and without risk.

Give me the dissident over the soldier. Give me the one who speaks loudly against the waterfall over the one who goes with the tide. Them big in the easy stream are but small when put beside those who swim against it.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Well, I gave away 48 glowsticks in 45 minutes during Trick-or-Treat Saturday evening. I thought the weather was going to tamp down the revelry, but, as it turned out, it did not rain and the temperature hovered around 40.

My daughter had 4-all different colors. Glosticks are something she absolutely loves. It was pretty cute.

After monkeying around with a couple of them last weekend, I have to agree!

And I'll go one better than that! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH GLOWSTICKS is now short listed for my epitaph.

The list includes:

I DIDN'T GET WELL SOON IN SPITE OF THE CARD

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!

WHEW! THAT WAS FREAKY!

My daughter had 4-all different colors. Glosticks are something she absolutely loves. It was pretty cute.
I found Tri-color 22" necklaces. One kid pit his in his Trick-or-Treat poke. Another squealed and danced and giggled! It was a boatload of fun!

And I'll go one better than that! YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH GLOWSTICKS is now short listed for my epitaph.

The list includes:

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!

WHEW! THAT WAS FREAKY!

These would be my candidates:

PISSING UPWIND DIDN'T WORK OUT SO WELL FOR ME.

NO MORE ROLLING STOPS FOR ME, NOSIREE!

FROM THIS SIDE, GALLOWS HUMOR HAS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TILT...

My little one LOVES glowsticks. I always keep a sortiment of them here. Pink is her favorite color. I am totally surprised.

I found Tri-color 22" necklaces. One kid pit his in his Trick-or-Treat poke. Another squealed and danced and giggled! It was a boatload of fun!

It was so cute, how many had glowsticks. My daughter had them all as necklaces-purple, pink, green, red, yellow. She was lit up like a Christmas tree but she had so much fun it was soooooo worth it. That's a Halloween tradition we are going to continue every year until she outgrows it. Although I still haven't outgrown glosticks yet. :biggrin:

The list includes:

ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!

WHEW! THAT WAS FREAKY!

These would be my candidates:

PISSING UPWIND DIDN'T WORK OUT SO WELL FOR ME.

NO MORE ROLLING STOPS FOR ME, NOSIREE!

FROM THIS SIDE, GALLOWS HUMOR HAS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TILT...

My own epitaph shortlist;

I BEAT THE RUSH BY BEING CREMATED!

NO, THE GRASS ISN'T GREENER FROM THIS SIDE!

Evening all! Happy Election Day!

I've been having my own election this week. With sub 70 degree temperatures hitting our region....I needed to select a winter cocktail. The martini's are being put on hold until spring.

I wanted something new...to me. Something to warm the bones....but not hot.

It was a tight race between the Rusty Nail and the Godfather. Really tight.

There will be a runoff! Even days....the Rusty Nail. Odd days...the Godfather!

Good times.

Rained all night and much of the day and now its just plain cold. Beautiful though.

I'm not feeling very ready for winter.

I really love all the fresh fruit and veggies of summer and, in the winter, I miss buying from the farmer's markets and Mennonite farmers. The produce that's picked green and shipped from gawd knows where just isn't the same.

I woke to heavy fog on the lake this morning. Its all the way up to the house, making it feel like I'm sitting inside a cloud. Blue sky is peeking through up high and I can hear Gilbert squawking about something down on our dock.

More nicknames:

Gilbert is any and all great blue herons. The females are, of course, Sullivan, but since you can't tell one from the other, they're all Gilbert. "Ours" is very possessive of our dock and squawks loudly if anyone comes near. We have a fox who likes to sit on the dock and they have a very uneasy truce. We've seen tracks in the snow that indicated a squabble between them but the fox always comes back.

Turtles are all Mitch as in McConnell. No need to explain that one.If you haven't seen Jon Stewart do Mitch McConnell - its hysterical.

Chipmonks are Braveheart because those little stinkers really are.

There are more but for some reason, I can't think of them right now.

Time to feed our critters their breakfast.

Last edited:

I've been having my own election this week. With sub 70 degree temperatures hitting our region....I needed to select a winter cocktail. The martini's are being put on hold until spring.

Good times.

Winter, though we rarely see sub 32 degrees in my backyard mean Irish Coffee or Brandy Old Fashions (we get oranges for the latter off our tree from late December until April).

Your posts describing the lake and critters make me green with envy. Our McNab Border Collie/cattle dog mix has only squirrels to chase as she guards our backyard and they and the birds (Crows and Blue Jays) yell at her as do the squirrels who chatter high up in the trees.

It will be in the high 70's today, so we'll take Roxy to the dog park, she has a number of friends to wrestle with when she is not fetching the Frisbee. Dog people are better socialized and more interesting then little league people, a lesson learned by spending years with both demographics. My message for the day.

Just took this -
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415198031.360550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning friends! It is a wonderfully chilly morning here and it makes for great running weather. I feel 10k in my future today. Cheers!

Good times.

Winter, though we rarely see sub 32 degrees in my backyard mean Irish Coffee or Brandy Old Fashions (we get oranges for the latter off our tree from late December until April).

Your posts describing the lake and critters make me green with envy. Our McNab Border Collie/cattle dog mix has only squirrels to chase as she guards our backyard and they and the birds (Crows and Blue Jays) yell at her as do the squirrels who chatter high up in the trees.

It will be in the high 70's today, so we'll take Roxy to the dog park, she has a number of friends to wrestle with when she is not fetching the Frisbee. Dog people are better socialized and more interesting then little league people, a lesson learned by spending years with both demographics. My message for the day.

There's never a day that I'm not in awe of where I live. That view ^^ is the first thing we see every morning and I love the way it changes with the seasons. Coming from so many years in the desert outside Tucson, seasons are something that still seems new and wonderful to me. I loved that desert but love it here too.

Dogs and their friends - I love that about dogs. Our Czar is instant BFFs with every dog he meets. He loves going to the vet, loves going to the kennel, loves when people come to visit, loves just about everything except storms.

Forum List

Back