The Charity Industry

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Finding this topic in the opinion section of the New York Times is good news to be sure:

LAST week federal authorities disclosed that four cancer charities had bilked tens of millions of dollars from donors. Questions continue to surface about the lack of transparency at the Clinton Foundation. Philanthropy, we’re learning, is a world with too much secrecy and too little oversight. Despite its increasing role in American society, from education to the arts to the media, perhaps no sector is less accountable to outsiders.​

I call it the charity industry.

An analysis of the NYT article naturally reaffirms the NYT as a mouthpiece for more liberalism:

Philanthropy reform should aim to achieve four broad goals. The first is bringing more transparency to charitable donations.

XXXXX

Second, and related, we should end the charade that all philanthropy is somehow charitable. Donors should get varying levels of tax exemption, or none at all, . . .

XXXXX

Third, foundations and other philanthropic funds should have to give away tax-exempt dollars at a faster rate.

XXXXX

Fourth, and most challenging, there needs to be a better accounting of whether philanthropic dollars are effectively spent.​

Everything in the NYT piece is only saying that the charity industry should be run more effectively. That is the same crap that presidential wannabes campaign on when they promise reform: “I can run the government more efficiently by eliminating waste and fraud.” The Chicago sewer rat basically meant reform when he promised to change and transform the country. His change and transform rhetoric worked so well in 2008 he squeezed a second term out of it. I do not have to detail how his reforms worked out to date.

Nobody in the media ever challenges the inherent fraud in every “reform.” Every time something is reformed it does more harm after reform is instituted. That is why I am gripped by the cold hand of fear whenever I smell reform in the air. Reform charities; reform the United Nations; reform campaign finance; reform the IRS; reform the tax code; reform Wall Street; reform law enforcement; reform the government and so on. There is no end to the things political hustlers can reform. Reforming the charity industry will be the worst of all.

Parenthetically, the charity industry is an institution no different than a corporation. The main business of a corporation is taking in huge incomes for its owner(s) and executives. Different charities within the industry are slightly different in that most of them do not have owners —— a few have been in business for centuries.

In one sense the Clintons own their charity. Obviously, newly established charitable foundations and endowments are created by original owners in the same way that corporation are created by owners. And just like a business a charity is eventually run by executives after the original owner dies. And just like any corporation, quasi-owners run the business for their own enrichment. Research the salaries the top people take down in any charity if you want an eye-opener.

Halloween

United Nations charity hustlers even had kids collecting money for them. UNICEF has been at it a long time, but I remember when UNICEF began giving away little cardboard boxes on the Internet? The boxes have a coin slot in them like a piggy bank. Trick or treaters were encouraged to ask people to donate money to UNICEF. The filthy UN bums could not let little kids have their trick or treat fun. Naturally, UN dirt-bags had a story to justify their B.S.

The fact is that it was not only the money. UN bums planted the idea in the heads of five year olds that the UN is good. Parents who do that to their own children should be ashamed of themselves. Halloween is about candy and scary costumes —— not sick United Nations brainwashing.

I’m not sure if the UN is still hustling kids with their Halloween boxes, but if I had little gumps out there trick or treating, I would let them collect for the UN —— but only after instructing them to keep the money because the UN sucks.

Institutional charity versus the Good Samaritan. All charity is local —— is another way of defining the conflict between greed and compassion.

It is impossible to shutdown the compassion that drives a Good Samaritan, but it is possible to shutdown a corrupt industry; not easy to do but still possible. The problem is: Shutdown one industry and every powerful financial institution will fight tooth and nail to protect one of their one threatened with extinction. Try to imagine these three standing silent while the charity industry goes down the tubes; the United Nations, the federal government, the media.

Funding for a corrupt industry

The NYT will never admit that the entire charity industry is dependant upon the XVI Amendment. Indeed, the charitable tax deduction is America’s economy, and it is built on the income tax. If the XVI Amendment cannot be repealed at this time:

1. Begin with eliminating the charitable tax deduction altogether.

2. Get the government out of coerced charity —— foreign and domestic. (When charity is coerced it is not charity.)

3. Dismantle as much of the welfare state as possible until the XVI Amendment can be repealed.

4. Legally define the charity industry as a business.

Say it with music

Over the years I’ve often suggested Rhythm Is Our Business as a perfect theme song for the United Nations. There is no reason it cannot become an industry theme song. Sing the word charity instead of rhythm:

Charity is our business
Charity is what we sell
Charity is our business
Business sure is swell​

Finally, I would sue for slander if anyone accused me of being a regular New York Times reader. It was the headline on Lucianne.Com that attracted me to the topic of charity:

Who Will Watch the Charities?
By DAVID CALLAHAN
MAY 30, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/opinion/sunday/who-will-watch-the-charities.html?

Last edited:
How can a "charity" also be an "industry?"

My idea of charity is giving drectly to those in need. Not some company promising to do it while simultaneously paying staff and executives some percentage (usually the vast majority of it) of what I give them.

Years ago, I volunteered with March of Dimes. MOD is an incredible racket and it was a real eye opener to how big charities work. I've since researched and found that with most charities, the money goes to the top - not to those you are wanting to help.

Now I give locally.

How can a "charity" also be an "industry?"
To Delat4Embassey: Ownership if nothing else.

Parenthetically, the charity industry is an institution no different than a corporation. The main business of a corporation is taking in huge incomes for its owner(s) and executives. Different charities within the industry are slightly different in that most of them do not have owners —— a few have been in business for centuries.

In one sense the Clintons own their charity. Obviously, newly established charitable foundations and endowments are created by original owners in the same way that corporation are created by owners. And just like a business a charity is eventually run by executives after the original owner dies. And just like any corporation, quasi-owners run the business for their own enrichment.

My idea of charity is giving drectly to those in need. Not some company promising to do it while simultaneously paying staff and executives some percentage (usually the vast majority of it) of what I give them.
To Delat4Embassey: You got that right.
Years ago, I volunteered with March of Dimes. MOD is an incredible racket and it was a real eye opener to how big charities work. I've since researched and found that with most charities, the money goes to the top - not to those you are wanting to help.

Now I give locally.
To Luddly Neddite: There is hope for you after all!

Finally, I would sue for slander if anyone accused me of being a regular New York Times reader.

Now you know why I would sue for slander. If David Brooks is a conservative by any measure, I must be a flaming liberal. Brooks invokes Hollywood’s oldest lagging-career-booster on the books: “There is no such thing as bad publicity.”

WASHINGTON – Real Clear Politics describes David Brooks as the “conservative New York Times opinion writer.”

This is what Brooks said on Friday on “PBS NewsHour”:

“President Obama has run an amazingly scandal-free administration, not only he, himself, but the people around him. He’s chosen people who have been pretty scandal-free.”​

Read the article for a long list of scandals Brooks obvious missed.

'Conservative' praises 'scandal-free' Obama administration
Posted By Garth Kant On 06/01/2015 @ 10:37 pm

Conservative praises scandal-free Obama administration

I doubt if the Red Cross even provided its infamous coffee and doughnuts:

In 2011, after having raised $500 million for Haiti, Red Cross launched a multimillion-dollar project to build hundreds of permanent homes in poor areas. CEO McGovern herself announced ambitious plans to “develop brand-new communities.”

None has ever been built.

Red Cross raised $1/2 billion for Haiti – where did it go?
Posted By -NO AUTHOR- On 06/03/2015 @ 8:46 pm

Red Cross raised 1 2 billion for Haiti where did it go

The details surrounding any single charity ripoff are superfluous —— the mechanics of charity fraud have been the same since the first charity hustler ran the first scam. They will plague mankind until human nature changes. Thanks to the income tax, the charitable tax deduction is the biggest, and most profitable, ripoff of all. Like I said:

You can add Charity Hustler Extraordinaire to the Clinton résumé:

As WND has reported, Ortel’s six-month investigation indicates the Clintons have diverted tens millions of dollars donated for charitable purposes to the personal enrichment of themselves and their close associates.​

Whoops! Nobody verified Clinton Foundation a legal charity
Posted By Jerome R. Corsi On 06/21/2015 @ 5:50 pm

Whoops Nobody verified Clinton Foundation a legal charity

Assuming the entire rotten charity racket can be busted, there is not a chance the Clintons are going to jail. I will be surprised if they are charged with a crime.

I always thought this was well known since the late 80s when it made big news? The only big charity I give to once a month is St. Judes (they probably rip it off also, but I know at least part of the money goes to kids with cancer) the only other is local, to church and what ever throw a couple bucks in a jar for someone who has cancer, lost a home, or some fundraising thing.

2. Get the government out of coerced charity —— foreign and domestic. (When charity is coerced it is not charity.)

3. Dismantle as much of the welfare state as possible until the XVI Amendment can be repealed.

4. Legally define the charity industry as a business.
Putting the Clintons in jail pales compared to getting the American people out of the most lucrative charity racket ever devised —— THE UNITED NATIONS:

“Since July 2002, the worst known example of flagrant and unpunished abuses by a U.S. domiciled, public charity is the record of voluminous flawed, inaccurate, false and misleading public disclosures made by representatives of the Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation (the “Clinton Foundation”), as trustees, executives and agents illegally solicited across state, and national boundaries and raised close to $2 billion from donors who were either willingly or unwillingly duped,” Ortel alleges.

Wall Street expert: Clinton Foundation a 'vast criminal conspiracy'
Posted By Jerome R. Corsi On 09/09/2015 @ 9:01 pm

Wall Street expert: Clinton Foundation a ‘vast criminal conspiracy’

Forum List

Back