The Confederacy was an Evil Empire

Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization.
Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

Last edited:
Democrats from the civil war era...
View attachment 936095

Democrats today....
View attachment 936096
Nothing ever really changes....

Also DemoKKKrats today:

1713803088649.png

Does nothing to change the fact that slavery was evil
Even in the 19th century, most knew that slavery was wrong and there was a rising abolitionist movement. Rather than accept change that was inevitable, Southern States created their own nation and Constitution that ensured slavery would always exist.

There is also no reason that the Confederacy should be celebrated today.
We should know better
I think you have a 21st Century political motive for expressing so much hate toward the Confederacy

I can understand that slavery was wrong without demonizing good people who fought for the South

You OTOH need to drive Old Dixie down because you want to attack whites living today who oppose the radical leftwing agenda that libs embrace

I think you have a 21st Century political motive for expressing so much hate toward the Confederacy

I can understand that slavery was wrong without demonizing good people who fought for the South

You OTOH need to drive Old Dixie down because you want to attack whites living today who oppose the radical leftwing agenda that libs embrace
I don’t want to hear that Trumpian “there were good people on both sides” nonsense

By any measure, the confederacy was built on an evil premise
A society built on human bondage

It is unworthy of celebration
Dear Old Dixie is an embarassment

I don’t want to hear that Trumpian “there were good people on both sides” nonsense

Yah, Old Dixie's culture included a cool lynching and hanging then celebrating it right after church...

GettyImages-514693420_TOUT.jpg

This was the norm.

For over a hundred and fifty years, the legacy of the Confederacy has been sold as a noble Lost Cause of states defending their states rights.

The reality is that the Confederacy was an Evil Empire. One of the worst nations in the history of mankind.

The Confederacy was built on ensuring that the institution of slavery would exist forever,
The Confederacy kept 40 percent of its population in bondage.
The economy of the Confederacy was built around enforced free labor. Labor enforced by whip and chain.
The Confederacy used women for breeding and then sold the children.
The Confederacy considered human slaves as no more than livestock

By any valuation, this was pure EVIL and should never be defended or honored in todays society.

Not even close.
For one, slavery was exercised by every single country on earth.
And many of them had slaves for 1000s of years.

This overly dramatic claim about America's past slavery is absurd and just plain ignorant.
America's past slave use is not even in the top 100 of global slave history.

I watched a YouTube video once of a former slave in her 90s

She talked about having to have a child every year and the pain she felt when her master would sell off her children

Female slaves were valued as breeders not as workers

This is the Evil of the Confederacy

Not even close.

This overly dramatic claim about America's past slavery is absurd and just plain ignorant.
Again has nothing to do with us celebrating the Confederacy

We are responsible for our own legacy

I watched a YouTube video once of a former slave in her 90s

She talked about having to have a child every year and the pain she felt when her master would sell off her children

Female slaves were valued as breeders not as workers

This is the Evil of the Confederacy

It's true. You people were horrific.

White DemoKKKrats are the most racist group in history.

Yah, Old Dixie's culture included a cool lynching and hanging then celebrating it right after church...

GettyImages-514693420_TOUT.jpg

This was the norm.
Another legacy of Dixie

The reliance on Terrorism to enforce Jim Crow

Nobody really gives a shit about what a moron like you does or doesn’t want to hear.

Not even close.

How many countries practiced chattel slavery and in relatively modern times?

Again has nothing to do with us celebrating the Confederacy

We are responsible for our own legacy
It is not our legacy.
I had nothing to do with it.
Just like I had nothing to do with the ancestral slave history from Northern Europe.
It is quite likely I am a descendent of Vikings... so I am somehow guilty of their many atrocities?

Again - harping about Americas very small and very-very short history of using slaves is just ignorant.
America is the only nation on earth that went to war with itself to end slavery. And did it.
It is now the most diverse nation in world history.
We have way-way-way-way-way more to celebrate in our nations legacy than dwelling on what was wrong with it.

Its not nonsense

Its the truth

You are seething with hate against your fellow Americans living and dead
The idea that only the slave holders were culpable for slavery is nonsense.

Those brave soldiers who fought for the Confederacy went home and joined the Klan because negros did not know their place
They enforced Jim Crow through laws and acts of terrorism

It is not our legacy.
I had nothing to do with it.
Just like I had nothing to do with the ancestral slave history from Northern Europe.
It is quite likely I am a descendent of Vikings... so I am somehow guilty of their many atrocities?

Again - harping about Americas very small and very-very short history of using slaves is just ignorant.
America is the only nation on earth that went to war with itself to end slavery. And did it.
It is now the most diverse nation in world history.
We have way-way-way-way-way more to celebrate in our nations legacy than dwelling on what was wrong with it.
So how did all the other countries end their slavery?

Are you saying they had enough sense and morality not to go to war against themselves?!??

Forum List

Back