The Constitution Prohibits Trump From Ever Being President Again

Obviously non biased.

Democratic political data and data services firm ......
Here dufus.
Women historically turn out to vote more than men. Women now favor democrats by a significant margin.
You fat ass gop Humpers are fked.

Dreamer…
LOL..........

You have nothing to contradict it.
Wapo is now full of BS?

f5C9sjAo_400x400.jpg

Here dufus.
Women historically turn out to vote more than men. Women now favor democrats by a significant margin.
You fat ass gop Humpers are fked.

Self portrait ? Figured.
WAPO just kicked your ass.............savor your win............. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I have respected the supreme court all my life, until it became right wing ugly and hateful , they are simply legislating from the bench now. I believe it has to be taken apart and repaired. Democracy will fail under a court like this, The right doesn't care because they hate our country and it's democracy. As a party they have chosen dictatorship over democracy. We are sitting on the edge of our destruction as a great nation.

I have respected the supreme court all my life, until it became right wing ugly and hateful , they are simply legislating from the bench now. I believe it has to be taken apart and repaired. Democracy will fail under a court like this, The right doesn't care because they hate our country and it's democracy. As a party they have chosen dictatorship over democracy. We are sitting on the edge of our destruction as a great nation.
We have a court that puts donors over personal freedom.

J. Michael Luttig is a former federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.

Laurence H. Tribe is the Carl M. Loeb University Professor of Constitutional Law Emeritus at Harvard University.

The only question is whether American citizens today can uphold that commitment.

As students of the United States Constitution for many decades—one of us as a U.S. Court of Appeals judge, the other as a professor of constitutional law, and both as constitutional advocates, scholars, and practitioners—we long ago came to the conclusion that the Fourteenth Amendment, the amendment ratified in 1868 that represents our nation’s second founding and a new birth of freedom, contains within it a protection against the dissolution of the republic by a treasonous president.

This protection, embodied in the amendment’s often-overlooked Section 3, automatically excludes from future office and position of power in the United States government—and also from any equivalent office and position of power in the sovereign states and their subdivisions—any person who has taken an oath to support and defend our Constitution and thereafter rebels against that sacred charter, either through overt insurrection or by giving aid or comfort to the Constitution’s enemies.

The historically unprecedented federal and state indictments of former President Donald Trump have prompted many to ask whether his conviction pursuant to any or all of these indictments would be either necessary or sufficient to deny him the office of the presidency in 2024.

Trump Is Constitutionally Prohibited From the Presidency

I agree with Luttig and Tribe. Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution seem clear to me! What will SCOTUS do? What do you think?
IF that were true on the face of it, you could put him on the ballot and every vote would be a popular disagreement with your reading of the Constitution. So you do not have much confidence in your position, seems to me.

IF that were true on the face of it, you could put him on the ballot and every vote would be a popular disagreement with your reading of the Constitution. So you do not have much confidence in your position, seems to me.
You don't put him on the ballet since he has committed treason and is a insurrectionist. and he definitely is a insurrectionist and traitor.

It’s not our reading of the constitution. It’s a sane person’s reading of the constitution. Go ahead, post it and tell us what’s wrong with the 14 amendment section 3…in it’s entirety. Go ahead.

Forum List

Back