The cops used a Bomb to kill the guy....anyone curious about that tactic?

He also told them their end was near and more cops would be dead. The were in contact with him for several hours before they did this, and the Police Chief said they felt it was their only option at that point.
He had told them he had ied's with him, had set them throughout the garage, and downtown Dallas. They felt this was the best way to keep more officers from being injured, if indeed he had.
Because , ultimately the police are SUPPOSED to try to bring suspects in alive. Not just say "well he won't give up " and then bomb them, sheesh.

When a suspect is barricaded in, and refuses to give up, and is known to be heavily armed, this tactic is justified.

No it isn't. Just wait his ass out. Where is he going to go? Police should NEVER go tactical unless a person is a danger to others. PERIOD

So, he told them he had placed IEDs throughout Dallas and they blew him up? Seems to me that they should have been trying to keep him alive so as to find out where the IEDs were.

So, you believe that they had him cornered for SEVERAL hours where he was making threats but not actually harming anyone and you believe they HAD to blow him up with a bomb? What the fuck is a matter with you? If they had him contained where he couldn't harm anyone I don't care if they had to wait a week for him to give up, do it. Don't use a bomb on the guy. That's stupid.

Why not? It's as good a way as any.

Because , ultimately the police are SUPPOSED to try to bring suspects in alive. Not just say "well he won't give up " and then bomb them, sheesh.

When a suspect is barricaded in, and refuses to give up, and is known to be heavily armed, this tactic is justified.

No it isn't. Just wait his ass out. Where is he going to go? Police should NEVER go tactical unless a person is a danger to others. PERIOD

It's justified 100%. The POS was a danger to police and society then and for the rest of his pathetic life. This isn't even debatable.

Likely cheaper than a trial and everyone gets to go home.

Fuck that piece of shit. I hope they drove it right up his ass....

i heard the press conference from Dallas...they said after reaching a stalemate with the black, anti white sniper, they used a bomb to kill him.....

Does this strike anyone as an interesting tactic?

it was HIS bomb. or did you miss that part?

A robot the police were using set off one of the murderers IED's. They did not bomb him.

The way I've read the articles, it was intentional. Meaning they meant to use his own IED against him.
Maybe. But they did not launch a bomb at him or anything like that. That's not a police tactic.

Intentionally blowing him up with his own IED shouldn't be either.
Meh. If it ends a dangerous situation, protects lives, and puts down a murderer all at the same time, I'm fine with it.

A robot the police were using set off one of the murderers IED's. They did not bomb him.

The way I've read the articles, it was intentional. Meaning they meant to use his own IED against him.
Maybe. But they did not launch a bomb at him or anything like that. That's not a police tactic.

Intentionally blowing him up with his own IED shouldn't be either.
I really can't believe you actually posted that.

i heard the press conference from Dallas...they said after reaching a stalemate with the black, anti white sniper, they used a bomb to kill him.....

I thought it was a brilliant move.

Send in a robot with a bomb. Or more accurately- a remotely operated vehicle with a bomb.

Don't expose any more officers to gun fire.

Why not? It's as good a way as any.

They tried for several hours- they are under no obligation to endanger officers lives to bring in a suspect alive. He was armed, had previously killed, and announced his intentions to kill again.

He had his opportunity to surrender- Dallas police were smart about it.

Good move, Obama can't complain about guns.

I thought it was a brilliant move.

Send in a robot with a bomb. Or more accurately- a remotely operated vehicle with a bomb.

Don't expose any more officers to gun fire.

Yep, I don't see a difference between that and a police sniper putting a bullet in his head if they'd had a shot, as they certainly would have done.

He put himself in that situation, killed 5 officers and wounded more. He had lots of choices when the day started and picked the wrong one. Whatever happened to him is on him.

"We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the subject was," Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a news conference Friday morning. "Other options would have exposed our officers to grave danger."

Attempts by a hostage negotiator to persuade the suspect to surrender were unsuccessful, and he exchanged fire with the police during the standoff, Brown said.

View attachment upload_2016-7-8_10-7-55.gif

Forum List

Back