The cops used a Bomb to kill the guy....anyone curious about that tactic?

They blew him up with his own bomb? That is fucking awesome. Karmic justice motherfucker!

No....they brought their own bomb apparently.....where did they get a bomb.....?

A hand grenade would have worked quite well- I would suspect that their SWAT units have them.

Not grenades...they have flash/bangs and smoke...where did they get the bomb?
The killers own ied?

He also told them their end was near and more cops would be dead. The were in contact with him for several hours before they did this, and the Police Chief said they felt it was their only option at that point.
He had told them he had ied's with him, had set them throughout the garage, and downtown Dallas. They felt this was the best way to keep more officers from being injured, if indeed he had.
When a suspect is barricaded in, and refuses to give up, and is known to be heavily armed, this tactic is justified.

No it isn't. Just wait his ass out. Where is he going to go? Police should NEVER go tactical unless a person is a danger to others. PERIOD

So, he told them he had placed IEDs throughout Dallas and they blew him up? Seems to me that they should have been trying to keep him alive so as to find out where the IEDs were.

So, you believe that they had him cornered for SEVERAL hours where he was making threats but not actually harming anyone and you believe they HAD to blow him up with a bomb? What the fuck is a matter with you? If they had him contained where he couldn't harm anyone I don't care if they had to wait a week for him to give up, do it. Don't use a bomb on the guy. That's stupid.

He was still a threat, and after he wasn't. I'm sure he was told give up or else multiple times.

If cops would have breached his area, they would have went in guns blazing. He was a dead man not matter what once he didn't surrender.

i heard the press conference from Dallas...they said after reaching a stalemate with the black, anti white sniper, they used a bomb to kill him.....

Does this strike anyone as an interesting tactic?

it was HIS bomb. or did you miss that part?

Still not confirmed.

It could have been a really big flash bang, if he was in a confined area, the concussion could have killed him without any shrapnel needed.

They blew him up with his own bomb? That is fucking awesome. Karmic justice motherfucker!

No....they brought their own bomb apparently.....where did they get a bomb.....?

A hand grenade would have worked quite well- I would suspect that their SWAT units have them.

Not grenades...they have flash/bangs and smoke...where did they get the bomb?

I suspect that SWAT does have grenades- if not they could easily improvise one with explosives that they use to open doors or blast holes in walls.

He also told them their end was near and more cops would be dead. The were in contact with him for several hours before they did this, and the Police Chief said they felt it was their only option at that point.
He had told them he had ied's with him, had set them throughout the garage, and downtown Dallas. They felt this was the best way to keep more officers from being injured, if indeed he had.
No it isn't. Just wait his ass out. Where is he going to go? Police should NEVER go tactical unless a person is a danger to others. PERIOD

So, he told them he had placed IEDs throughout Dallas and they blew him up? Seems to me that they should have been trying to keep him alive so as to find out where the IEDs were.

So, you believe that they had him cornered for SEVERAL hours where he was making threats but not actually harming anyone and you believe they HAD to blow him up with a bomb? What the fuck is a matter with you? If they had him contained where he couldn't harm anyone I don't care if they had to wait a week for him to give up, do it. Don't use a bomb on the guy. That's stupid.

He was still a threat, and after he wasn't. I'm sure he was told give up or else multiple times.

If cops would have breached his area, they would have went in guns blazing. He was a dead man not matter what once he didn't surrender.

And he could have killed another cop.

I can't see that the Dallas Police made any mistakes here.

They actually tried to talk this guy out for several hours while containing him the best that they could- and I am sure what they really, really wanted to do was go in there guns blazing and make a bloody smear out of him. I think they were an example of restraint.

And when that didn't work they improvised with the ROV

i heard the press conference from Dallas...they said after reaching a stalemate with the black, anti white sniper, they used a bomb to kill him.....

It's a drone bot. Good. It's legal and constitutional.

The Police Chief said they sent in a robot with a device.

Still not confirmed.

It could have been a really big flash bang, if he was in a confined area, the concussion could have killed him without any shrapnel needed.

Why not? It's as good a way as any.

Because , ultimately the police are SUPPOSED to try to bring suspects in alive. Not just say "well he won't give up " and then bomb them, sheesh.

When a suspect is barricaded in, and refuses to give up, and is known to be heavily armed, this tactic is justified.
As it is with overseas enemies that will not give up.

Comparing our military to our police is more than a little silly.

All of a sudden.....the police can just kill people....where were they with Waco? Or Ruby Ridge?

The press conference I heard they didn't say it was his bomb...

Look....I don't care that they killed him...he was a murderer...but where exactly did the bomb come from...is there a link....and too, the police are not supposed to kill......you guys have been complaining about Baton Rouge for the last 2 days....he had a gun and may have been trying to use it...and you don't want him shot...this guy is contained and it is okay to use a bomb?

Great move on the cops part. This idiot already told the cops he placed bombs in the area and wanted to kill more whites. So even though he was cornered he was still dangerous.

I found it truly strange. I didn't know the police could just bomb people now.

Obama does.
Yup, and it is legal, too. Those of you who are fomenting sedition should think matters through.

So, it's legal for Obama to kill innocent civilians, and yet the DPD can't take out a terrorist.
It's legal for Obama and for the NOPD, yup. You got it.

The next time Obama talks about gun control, maybe he should consider drone control.

Forum List

Back