The Daily Show Destroys Fox News pundits who whine about minimum wage strikers

dear gawd, does the shallow get any more shallow?

daily show destroys fox news over wtf?...minimum wage strikers? are we supposed to be IMPRESSED over some idiots walking off their jobs demanding some OUTRAGEOUS PAY for a job monkeys can do? lol

holy shit the YAWN...this country is in trouble this IS what people find IMPORTANT

Remind us how much your job as a lunchlady pays??

lolol

am I out striking? started at a little more wage as these fast food idiots did...9.50 cents hour and I worked IN A SCHOOL, worked up to a Baker after two years and more pay...so what's your ignorant point? I also worked another job ON WEEKENDS so I could live the lifestyle I wanted...no bellyaching about poor me or going on welfare and living off the backs of hateful people (taxpayers) such of yourself

So you made well over minimum wage in a food preparation job? A job you say that a monkey can do??

lol, didn't you feel guilty being so overpaid?

btw, I'm just curious. Would you EAT at a restaurant where you knew that the food was being prepared by monkeys?

Child/teenage prostitution is illegal because we as a society have decided it should be illegal. We've done so to protect a vulnerable segment of society from harm. We've done so to protect children and teens.

Now take what you want to do with minimum wage law...

You can't seem to comprehend who will end up being hurt by this. In order to "protect" adult members of society who don't have the ambition to move from entry level positions that require few skills to higher paying...higher skilled jobs...you're going to make it harder for teens to get into the job market at the entry level. You're going to artificially inflate wages so that people don't have to progress to improve their lot in life which means more of them staying right where they are. Joblessness amongst black teens is above 40% right now! If you were to pass legislation mandating a $15 an hour minimum wage I can guarantee you that the percentage of teens looking for work and not being able to find it would soar to up above 60% if not higher. So why would you as a progressive WANT to pass legislation that would absolutely destroy the ability of black teens to enter the work force? Do you hate black teens? Or are you just woefully ignorant of what your policy would do to them?

Businesses either need the labor or they don't. You don't hire someone you don't need because you can get him for 7 dollars an hour instead of 9.

Yes, the minimum wage is an issue of conscience and morality. The anti-minimum wagers have been arguing for decades that if the minimum wage were just lower, all sorts of jobs would magically appear.

Well, the fact is, for the thousandth time, the minimum wage PEAKED IN 1968. You've been getting the lower minimum wage you want for 45 years...

...WHERE ARE THE JOBS??

Your argument has already failed. It's a failed argument with no merit. Stop using it.

Why do you lefties always want to foist your morality one the rest of us?

Just hang out by the mailbox and wait for your gubmint check and leave the rest of us that pay the bills alone.

At least you admit that substandard wages are immoral.

lol, another oops from another retard.

A high school kid should be in school.

The purpose of a minimum wage is to keep business from exploiting labor. Business has no conscience; it has to be imposed on business by those who do.

All high school kid should have a job.

It builds character, responsibility, and teaches them how to handle money.

Everyone I knew had jobs from the time they were 15. I was delivering papers at 8 years old by the time I was 12 I had one of the biggest routes in town.

I learned a lot about running a business from that paper route.

Several of my friends and i worked nearly 40 hours a week our junior and senior years. I saved 80% of that money for college and still managed to graduate in the top 10%

So there is no reason for a high school kid not to have a job.

Agreed that instilling a work ethic is a good idea but just wanted to point out that there are no more paper routes.

Unfortunately.

But it was just an example and there are still opportunities for young kids to make money.

Shit there wasn't one snow day where I didn't walk all over my neighborhood with a shovel knocking on doors to see if anyone would pay me to clear their driveways and stairs.

In the fall it was a rake in the summer a mower.

I wonder why kids don't do that anymore.

Actually I know why. People have taught kids that entry level menial jobs are beneath them.

The purpose of a minimum wage is to keep business from exploiting labor. Business has no conscience; it has to be imposed on business by those who do.

Everyone I knew had jobs from the time they were 15. I was delivering papers at 8 years old by the time I was 12 I had one of the biggest routes in town.

Several of my friends and i worked nearly 40 hours a week our junior and senior years. I saved 80% of that money for college and still managed to graduate in the top 10%

The other poster said all minimum wage jobs should be done by high school kids.

If fast food restaurants are paying minimum wage, all those jobs should be done by high school kids??

lol, last time I looked, every fast food joint around here was open Monday thru Friday during normal school hours...

...how do you propose to fill those jobs with high school kids??

Like I said, high school kids should be in school. Not missing school to serve lunch at MacDonald's.

It's disgraceful what kind of a country you people want America to be.

Yeah a country where kids work after school instead of playing video games.

AHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!

No offense to anybody but if a doctor gets $100 an hour to read the webmd.com search results to the patients, or a mechanic gets paid $50 an hour to top off the windshield washing fluid, a fast food worker very well deserves $15 an hour.

This country needs to lower wages all around, not to raise them.

Last edited:
Businesses either need the labor or they don't. You don't hire someone you don't need because you can get him for 7 dollars an hour instead of 9.

Yes, the minimum wage is an issue of conscience and morality. The anti-minimum wagers have been arguing for decades that if the minimum wage were just lower, all sorts of jobs would magically appear.

Well, the fact is, for the thousandth time, the minimum wage PEAKED IN 1968. You've been getting the lower minimum wage you want for 45 years...

...WHERE ARE THE JOBS??

Your argument has already failed. It's a failed argument with no merit. Stop using it.

Why do you lefties always want to foist your morality one the rest of us?

Just hang out by the mailbox and wait for your gubmint check and leave the rest of us that pay the bills alone.

At least you admit that substandard wages are immoral.

lol, another oops from another retard.

I admitted no such thing.. and your oops is noted.

No offense to anybody but if a doctor gets $100 an hour to read me webmd.com search results, or a mechanic gets paid $50 an hour to top off the windshield washing fluid, a fast food worker very well deserves $15 an hour.

If they deserved it, they get it... unfortunately there's an endless pool of dumbfucks willing to work at McDonalds because that's about all they are qualified to do is ask you if you want to "supersize" that....

No offense to anybody but if a doctor gets $100 an hour to read me webmd.com search results, or a mechanic gets paid $50 an hour to top off the windshield washing fluid, a fast food worker very well deserves $15 an hour.

If they deserved it, they get it... unfortunately there's and endless pool of dumbfucks willing to work at McDonalds because that's about all they are qualified to do is ask you if you want to "supersize" that....

Well, most of those dumbfucks can probably do what most doctors do as a job, giving out pain killers.

The measurement for so called "qualification" is not functioning anymore. You don't know if the dentist that is about to be digging into your teeth is more qualified than any of those dumbfucks you are referring to.

It is only your perception, that fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour. And to be honest, I agree with you. But most people in this country don't deserve what they are making, and they still make it.

I remember the bank CEO who just destroyed a whole economy of a super power singlehandedly being paid millions of dollars. Did they deserve what they made? Of course not. But they still got paid.

There are a lot of people in this country, maybe including me, making the money they don't deserve. And if you have nothing to say about that, you should not have anything to say about these dumbfucks asking for $15 an hour. Because they are not making it yet, but shit load of others do...

If fast food restaurants are paying minimum wage, all those jobs should be done by high school kids??

lol, last time I looked, every fast food joint around here was open Monday thru Friday during normal school hours...

Like I said, high school kids should be in school. Not missing school to serve lunch at MacDonald's.

What are you senile? you do know kids get off in summer.

If they deserved it, they get it... unfortunately there's and endless pool of dumbfucks willing to work at McDonalds because that's about all they are qualified to do is ask you if you want to "supersize" that....

Well, most of those dumbfucks can probably do what most doctors do as a job, giving out pain killers.

The measurement for so called "qualification" is not functioning anymore. You don't know if the dentist that is about to be digging into your teeth is more qualified than any of those dumbfucks you are referring to.

It is only your perception, that fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour. And to be honest, I agree with you. But most people in this country don't deserve what they are making, and they still make it.

I remember the bank CEO who just destroyed a whole economy of a super power singlehandedly being paid millions of dollars. Did they deserve what they made? Of course not. But they still got paid.

There are a lot of people in this country, maybe including me, making the money they don't deserve. And if you have nothing to say about that, you should not have anything to say about these dumbfucks asking for $15 an hour. Because they are not making it yet, but shit load of others do...

Who died and appointed you the final arbiter of what people deserve?

Fuck off... people like you irritate the shit out of me.... bunch of whiny, sniveling asshats always complaining but never doing.

He knows very little actually...

Who died and appointed you the final arbiter of what people deserve?

Fuck off... people like you irritate the shit out of me.... bunch of whiny, sniveling asshats always complaining but never doing.

Haha, what a logical idiot you are. Just 5 mins ago you were the arbiter of what people deserve, and now you are the otherwise?

You are confused.

And I think you should not think of yourself as an enjoyable person with all this repulsive characteristics, so you won't be funny when you claim that for the opposite side.

So what I am suggesting, like Jesus said, who ever among you is the one with no sins, who believes he/she truly deserves what they are making at the moment, in a country that is going through one of the biggest financial crisis in her history, should throw the first stone to these fast food workers.

So we can clearly see who is in denial of the reality of the world around him/her.

Be honest with at least yourselves...

Agreed that instilling a work ethic is a good idea but just wanted to point out that there are no more paper routes.

Unfortunately.

But it was just an example and there are still opportunities for young kids to make money.

Shit there wasn't one snow day where I didn't walk all over my neighborhood with a shovel knocking on doors to see if anyone would pay me to clear their driveways and stairs.

In the fall it was a rake in the summer a mower.

I wonder why kids don't do that anymore.

Actually I know why. People have taught kids that entry level menial jobs are beneath them.

You are also overlooking the fact that neighborhoods have changed too. Nowadays people live in "associations" where landscaping and snow removal is handled by contracted corporations. Then there are the "helicopter" parents who spend so much of the time ensuring that their kids lives are filled with after school activities. The kids themselves have "schedules" and "appointments". This doesn't leave much in the way of spare time for doing those jobs you mention. However that does not mean that they haven't found other ways of being entrepreneurial. Nowadays they will build a website or upgrade a PC or even help out the neighbors to set up their internet service and email. Some of them even make money using eBay and Amazon. So yes, the physical labor aspect is not there but the work ethic exists even if it isn't as visible.

Are the fast food restaurants and every other minimum wage employer only open in the summer where you live?

And back then the minimum wage was higher than it is now.

irrelevant.

Only 3% of all earners make less than the federal minimum wage and some of those are food service workers who receive tips that can put them well over the FMW.

So can you tell me what you're really whining about here?

It's relevant and the fact you're too stupid to know that is a problem I can't fix.

Explain why we don't raise the minimum wage to $50/hr.

Because no one is asking for it to be raised that much, you idiot.

The people who make minimum wage are only asking for $15 an hour as a negotiation to get about $11 an hour which is reasonable.

Everyone agrees $50 would be too much.

11 bucks an hour for flipping a hamburger is reasonable...How many businesses do you own?

So the current minimum wage is unreasonable. Thanks for admitting that.

btw, are you still working 2 jobs to make ends meet? lolol

Really? Conscience has no place in the 'free market'? Then why is child/teenage prostitution illegal?

There's certainly a lucrative 'market' for it.

Child/teenage prostitution is illegal because we as a society have decided it should be illegal. We've done so to protect a vulnerable segment of society from harm. We've done so to protect children and teens.

You can't seem to comprehend who will end up being hurt by this. In order to "protect" adult members of society who don't have the ambition to move from entry level positions that require few skills to higher paying...higher skilled jobs...you're going to make it harder for teens to get into the job market at the entry level. You're going to artificially inflate wages so that people don't have to progress to improve their lot in life which means more of them staying right where they are. Joblessness amongst black teens is above 40% right now! If you were to pass legislation mandating a $15 an hour minimum wage I can guarantee you that the percentage of teens looking for work and not being able to find it would soar to up above 60% if not higher. So why would you as a progressive WANT to pass legislation that would absolutely destroy the ability of black teens to enter the work force? Do you hate black teens? Or are you just woefully ignorant of what your policy would do to them?

...WHERE ARE THE JOBS??

And you really think that raising the minimum wage is going to create jobs? You base that on what? Because you mistakenly think that business owners HAVE to hire people no matter what the labor cost is? Here's a dose of reality for you...businesses are created or expanded because of the anticipation of profit. When you decrease the opportunity to make a profit then you decrease the number of people willing to risk capital to start or expand a business. If people aren't starting or expanding businesses then there are no new jobs created.

The mistake that progressives like yourself make is that business owners want a low minimum wage because of greed. It's an absurd concept. Business owners understand that labor costs have to remain a certain percentage of gross sales in order for them to make a profit. If you artificially raise the minimum wage you automatically raise the wages of everyone else as well. You can't pay the guy who just started $15 an hour and not pay the guy who's been there for five years the same rate. You would HAVE to give raises across the board. So if you've raised everyone's wages...in order to still make profits then businesses would have to raise prices. But I bet you think prices will magically remain the same...right? :cuckoo:

It's progressive thought processes like this that have doomed this Administration to flounder along for five plus years. None of you seem to have the faintest idea how economics or businesses FUNCTION.

Remind us how much your job as a lunchlady pays??

lolol

am I out striking? started at a little more wage as these fast food idiots did...9.50 cents hour and I worked IN A SCHOOL, worked up to a Baker after two years and more pay...so what's your ignorant point? I also worked another job ON WEEKENDS so I could live the lifestyle I wanted...no bellyaching about poor me or going on welfare and living off the backs of hateful people (taxpayers) such of yourself

So you made well over minimum wage in a food preparation job? A job you say that a monkey can do??

lol, didn't you feel guilty being so overpaid?

btw, I'm just curious. Would you EAT at a restaurant where you knew that the food was being prepared by monkeys?

omg...go on being a silly monkey...
I worked fast food in high school I know what it take's to work at one..

Last edited:

...WHERE ARE THE JOBS??

And you really think that raising the minimum wage is going to create jobs? You base that on what? Because you mistakenly think that business owners HAVE to hire people no matter what the labor cost is? Here's a dose of reality for you...businesses are created or expanded because of the anticipation of profit. When you decrease the opportunity to make a profit then you decrease the number of people willing to risk capital to start or expand a business. If people aren't starting or expanding businesses then there are no new jobs created.

The mistake that progressives like yourself make is that business owners want a low minimum wage because of greed. It's an absurd concept. Business owners understand that labor costs have to remain a certain percentage of gross sales in order for them to make a profit. If you artificially raise the minimum wage you automatically raise the wages of everyone else as well. You can't pay the guy who just started $15 an hour and not pay the guy who's been there for five years the same rate. You would HAVE to give raises across the board. So if you've raised everyone's wages...in order to still make profits then businesses would have to raise prices. But I bet you think prices will magically remain the same...right? :cuckoo:

It's progressive thought processes like this that have doomed this Administration to flounder along for five plus years. None of you seem to have the faintest idea how economics or businesses FUNCTION.

NY CARBONATED is one of those Statists that thinks businesses exist just to create JOBS, and by the good graces of Gubmint are allowed to after jumping through hoops just to be permitted.

HE has ZERO CLUE of Liberty and the economy...(A FREE ONE, mind you).

It's ALL there for the Gubmint to plunder and give to others by LEGAL THEFT called the TAX CODE imposed 100 years ago.

Forum List

Back