Zone1 The Dark Secret of Jew Hatred: Pleasure.

It wasn't a defensive war. The war started when Israeli tanks rolled into Egypt. Nassar closing the Strait was not an attack on Israel and thus Israel could not invoke Article 51 of the UN Charter.
It was an act of war. That much is not only clear from the law, but agreed upon by diplomats. Just ask President Johnson who said "If a single act of folly was more responsible for this explosion than any other, it was the arbitrary and dangerous announced decision that the Strait of Tiran would be closed. The right of innocent maritime passage must be preserved for all nations"

Yehuda Lukacs, Documents on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 1967–1983, (NY: Cambridge University Press, 1984), pp. 7–18; Eban, p. 358.

Pre-emptive strike, and with the approval of the U.S. President.
Actually, Johnson asked Israel not to attack Egypt.

IMG_2659.jpeg

It was an act of war. That much is not only clear from the law, but agreed upon by diplomats. Just ask President Johnson who said "If a single act of folly was more responsible for this explosion than any other, it was the arbitrary and dangerous announced decision that the Strait of Tiran would be closed. The right of innocent maritime passage must be preserved for all nations"

Yehuda Lukacs, Documents on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 1967–1983, (NY: Cambridge University Press, 1984), pp. 7–18; Eban, p. 358.
The Suez Canal is in Egyptian territorial waters. They have a right to do whatever they want with their own property.

With that being said, the closing of the Strait was not an attack on Israel. Why couldn't Israel work with the UN to come to some sort of resolution?

There were other non-violent options on the table than launching an assault against Egypt. Especially, since the Mossad knew at the time Egypt would not attack.

That warvwas started by Israel and Israel was the aggressor.

Good. Better too keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot rather than open it an remove all doubt.

Oops! Too late!
Do you need to be reminded this is a zone 1 forum? You should be thankful it is. Because if I was allowed to speak freely, there is a lot I would like to say to you and none of it would be kind.

Actually, Johnson asked Israel not to attack Egypt.

Huh? So you picked one answer by someone on Quora, and that’s your proof?

Johnson told Eban that if Israel launched a preemptive strike, the United States would not oppose it.

Do you need to be reminded this is a zone 1 forum? You should be thankful it is. Because if I was allowed to speak freely, there is a lot I would like to say to you and none of it would be kind.
Well of course. We know what you think of Jews who push back against the genocide slur you keep pushing.

The Suez Canal is in Egyptian territorial waters. They have a right to do whatever they want with their own property.

With that being said, the closing of the Strait was not an attack on Israel. Why couldn't Israel work with the UN to come to some sort of resolution?

There were other non-violent options on the table than launching an assault against Egypt. Especially, since the Mossad knew at the time Egypt would not attack.

It was a preemptive strike as Arab forces were preparing to attack. It saved the lives of thousands of Jews and very likely the continued existence of Israel.

According to Sami Sharaf, Minister of State for Presidential Affairs, Nasser knew that the decision to block the Tiran straits made the war "inevitable"

Avi Shlaim; William Roger Louis (13 February 2012). The 1967 Arab-Israeli War: Origins and Consequences. Cambridge University Press. p. 64. ISBN 978-1-107-00236-4. sami sharaf...the decision (the closure of the Tiran straits) was known (to Nasser) to make war inevitable

"In 1957, President Dwight D. Eisenhower had promised that the United States would treat the closure of the Straits as an act of war."

You prefer ignoring the law. So noted.

It was a preemptive strike as Arab forces were preparing to attack. It saved the lives of thousands of Jews and very likely the continued existence of Israel.
Wrong! It was an aggressive act by Israel, which knew, at the time, Egypt was not going to attack.

I can guess. And l bet l’d be correct.

Forum List

Back