The day they went through the looking glass.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Kellyanne Conway denies Trump press secretary lied: ‘He offered alternative facts’ – video
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...trump-press-secretary-alternative-facts-video

That was the beginning of what Kellyanne defined as essentially an alternative reality. Available to anyone who wants to chose to believe in something other than actual reality when it is well, let's say it's inconvenient to do so. Actual reality like a lost election.

Think of it as The Following's happy place. A safe space to go to work out the incongruity of "what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...g-in-the-news-is-not-whats-happening-inbox-x/

Quite a lot has happened since then that was well, let's say inconvenient.

“The Department of Justice has authorized me to confirm” the existence of a broader investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, Comey said. “We’re not going to say another word about it until we’re done.”

And, indeed, he would not speak about it again, as FBI director.

The Comey firing, as retold by the Mueller report

That ended Jim's career as head of the FBI. There have been endless arguments of what that investigation, ultimately taken over by Mueller, did or didn't reveal. What is not in dispute is Don's motivation for firing Comey. As the Orange Menace said, "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off." In a bizarre twist, he said that to Russians in the Oval Office.
https://www.npr.org/2017/05/19/5291...-fired-nut-job-comey-because-of-investigation

Geebers. Now there's a good reason to seek the comfort of the alternative fact hidey hole. The POTUS fired the head of the FBI after the latter publicly acknowledged the existence of a broader investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

A summary of Comey's firing in the Mueller report goes like this.

D. Firing of James Comey

Obstructive act (p. 74): “Firing Comey would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural and probable effect of interfering with or impeding the investigation.” Trump’s handling of the Comey firing and his actions in the subsequent days “had the potential to affect a successor director’s conduct of the investigation,” though removing Comey “would not necessarily … prevent or impede the FBI from continuing its investigation.”

Nexus (p. 75): By the time of the Comey firing, Trump was aware of both the FBI investigation into Russian election interference and the investigation into Flynn.

Intent (p. 75): “Substantial evidence” indicates that Trump fired Comey because of “Comey’s unwillingness to publicly state that the President was not personally under investigation.” Mueller notes that “ome evidence indicates that the President believed that the erroneous perception he was under investigation harmed his ability to manage domestic and foreign affairs”—but “[o]ther evidence … indicates that the President wanted to protect himself from an investigation into his campaign.” “The initial reliance on a pretextual justification [for Comey’s firing] could support an inference that the President had concerns about providing the real reason for the firing, although the evidence does not resolve whether those concerns were personal, personal, or both.”

Obstruction of Justice in the Mueller Report: A Heat Map

Gee, it seems like an alternative reality would come in handy in dealing with that. Maybe even a tin foil hat.

Since this thread is about Trump firing Comey, I will not be responding to the inevitable deflections regarding Billy the Bagman's false characterization of the Mueller report. Or anything to do with The Following's false belief in the alternative reality that Mueller exonerated Trump.

Kellyanne Conway denies Trump press secretary lied: ‘He offered alternative facts’ – video
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...trump-press-secretary-alternative-facts-video

That was the beginning of what Kellyanne defined as essentially an alternative reality. Available to anyone who wants to chose to believe in something other than actual reality when it is well, let's say it's inconvenient to do so. Actual reality like a lost election.

Think of it as The Following's happy place. A safe space to go to work out the incongruity of "what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...g-in-the-news-is-not-whats-happening-inbox-x/

“The Department of Justice has authorized me to confirm” the existence of a broader investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, Comey said. “We’re not going to say another word about it until we’re done.”

That ended Jim's career as head of the FBI. There have been endless arguments of what that investigation, ultimately taken over by Mueller, did or didn't reveal. What is not in dispute is Don's motivation for firing Comey. As the Orange Menace said, "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off." In a bizarre twist, he said that to Russians in the Oval Office.
https://www.npr.org/2017/05/19/5291...-fired-nut-job-comey-because-of-investigation

Geebers. Now there's a good reason to seek the comfort of the alternative fact hidey hole. The POTUS fired the head of the FBI after the latter publicly acknowledged the existence of a broader investigation into potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

D. Firing of James Comey

Obstructive act (p. 74): “Firing Comey would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural and probable effect of interfering with or impeding the investigation.” Trump’s handling of the Comey firing and his actions in the subsequent days “had the potential to affect a successor director’s conduct of the investigation,” though removing Comey “would not necessarily … prevent or impede the FBI from continuing its investigation.”

Nexus (p. 75): By the time of the Comey firing, Trump was aware of both the FBI investigation into Russian election interference and the investigation into Flynn.

Intent (p. 75): “Substantial evidence” indicates that Trump fired Comey because of “Comey’s unwillingness to publicly state that the President was not personally under investigation.” Mueller notes that “ome evidence indicates that the President believed that the erroneous perception he was under investigation harmed his ability to manage domestic and foreign affairs”—but “[o]ther evidence … indicates that the President wanted to protect himself from an investigation into his campaign.” “The initial reliance on a pretextual justification [for Comey’s firing] could support an inference that the President had concerns about providing the real reason for the firing, although the evidence does not resolve whether those concerns were personal, personal, or both.”

Gee, it seems like an alternative reality would come in handy in dealing with that. Maybe even a tin foil hat.

Since this thread is about Trump firing Comey, I will not be responding to the inevitable deflections regarding Billy the Bagman's false characterization of the Mueller report. Or anything to do with The Following's false belief in the alternative reality that Mueller exonerated Trump.

Still on Russia Russia Russia???

Stage IV TDS

The Biden crime family was paid by Russia, not Trump

HIllary paid for the Fake Steele dossier

D. Firing of James Comey

Firing corrupt Comey was the right thing to do.

Thanks for reminding us what it was like to have a president that did the right thing

The White House Is Still Changing Its Story on Comey's Firing

Two weeks of changing White House explanations for firing Comey

After the last two weeks of jaw-dropping news coming from the nation’s capital, here’s maybe the most important question to ask: Why did President Trump fire FBI Director James Comey, and did the firing have anything to do with the FBI’s probe into Russia? Well, there’s been changing answers coming from the Trump White House.

They flippity floppitied.

I’m not. Numerous ways, 1) he abused his office to protect Clinton.2) he abused his office and bragged about targeting flynn, 3) he leaked classified material after he was fired in order to try and get a special prosecutor appointed 4) he spread the russian hoax knowing it was a lie
See post #8. The WH did the same thing you're doing. It tried to cover for Don's actual reason for firing Comey.

So, how's that alternative reality going for you?

Selective memory ... and I'm guilty as well ... forgive me if I've left something out ...

January 2017, someone had to go tell the new President that the FBI has been actively investigating him for the past three decades ... Jim Comey drew the "short" straw ... so he got fired ... all 6 foot and eight of him ... it really is that simple ...

Amazing how the dembots did a 180’on comey being fired when he started pushing the Russia hoax
As I said, I'm not going down the "Russia hoax" rabbit hole. I'm sticking with Trump's firing of Comey because...... "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

Still on Russia Russia Russia???

Stage IV TDS

The Biden crime family was paid by Russia, not Trump

HIllary paid for the Fake Steele dossier
trump obviously paid big money to "catch and kill" his russia conspiracy in the inquirer, the ny times, fox, and other fake news channes..

the truth, however, is contained in muller;'s report. your quisling owed putin a solid, paid with the names and livesof our agents in russia.

Selective memory ... and I'm guilty as well ... forgive me if I've left something out ...

January 2017, someone had to go tell the new President that the FBI has been actively investigating him for the past three decades ... Jim Comey drew the "short" straw ... so he got fired ... all 6 foot and eight of him ... it really is that simple ...
Yes, it's that simple. But that's a reality The Following finds it inconvenient to face. Because of all it implies.

They feel safer with the warm embrace of an alternative reality.

trump obviously paid big money to "catch and kill" his russia conspiracy in the inquirer, the ny times, fox, and other fake news channes..

the truth, however, is contained in muller;'s report. your quisling owed putin a solid, paid with the names and livesof our agents in russia.
The death blow for the reality of what the Mueller report said was Billy the Bagman's ludicrous claim of "exoneration." From that point on The Following's alternative reality centered itself around that word.

LOL!

Yeah trump rigged the MSM to say the while Mueller report showed no evidence of "Russian collusion" with Trump it criminally implicated Hillary

The death blow for the reality of what the Mueller report said was Billy the Bagman's ludicrous claim of "exoneration." From that point on The Following's alternative reality centered itself around that word.
comey lost his job because he thought he had a deal, and had the temerity to ask for payment.

expecting trump to keep a deal (or promise, treaty, vow, oath or any other use of the lord's name) might be a rather high expectation.

Forum List

Back