The Death Of Privacy

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
ap_wiretap_obama_wmain.jpg

Privacy is passe. You can forget about ever having privacy in this country ever again.

The government is using Google and phone companies to spy on us and nobody cares. After all Democrats are in the White House.
They're good people. They would never misuse all of the files they're collecting on us.

Course if you ever choose to speak out about what you see the government is doing you can expect to have stories surface about how you like web sites like "Chicks With Dicks". How about all of those phone calls to your GF in Guatamala.

How do you think they found out about Ted Nugent's little hunting infraction after he decided to speak publically about the corruption in the Obama Administration. They are spying on us.

It's pretty sad that Democrats in Washington consider normal Americans to be a greater threat than Iran. That's why they expend so much energy checking up on us. Why they want to take our guns. They want to make sure we can't do something about what they are doing to us.

Bush, after all, was infamous for starting a still-mysterious National Security Agency program to eavesdrop on phone calls, texts, and emails by U.S. citizens overseas after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

But that comparison misses a larger point: Bush never got permission from courts to listen in on those phone calls. Obama's administration, on the other hand, is working within an existing legal framework to get subpoenas, warrants, and orders to access these records. That represents a big difference in terms of constitutional checks and balances.

In a 2007 speech by then-Sen. Barack Obama, the presidential hopeful pledged to chase terrorists "without undermining our Constitution and our freedom." He promised to work with the legal system set up by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) of 1978, in which court judges can secretly review the government's plans to track suspected terrorists in advance. "That means no more illegal wire-tapping of American citizens," Obama added:

"No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime. No more tracking citizens who do nothing more than protest a misguided war. No more ignoring the law when it is inconvenient. That is not who we are. And it is not what is necessary to defeat the terrorists. The FISA court works. The separation of powers works. Our Constitution works. We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers, and that justice is not arbitrary."

As a presidential candidate in 2008, Barack Obama pledged to reform the Patriot Act and rescind the FISA Amendments Act, but as president he reversed his position. The Obama administration has fought bipartisan efforts in Congress to bring the change he once championed.

The result is the "new normal": surveillance, often of questionable legality and sometimes clear illegality, against which Americans have little effective recourse, on the rare occasions that we even know that violations are taking place.

That was then......this is now.

Links

Is Verizongate Really a Scandal? Obama?s Phone Spying May Be Distasteful, But it?s Legal - ABC News

Opinion: The great privacy debate - CNN.com

Last edited:
So stop him. I didn't like it under Bush and I don't like it now. Only 54 Dems in the House voted for reauthorization of the Patriot Act. Talk to the hundreds of Republicans into stopping the Patriot Act.

So stop him. I didn't like it under Bush and I don't like it now. Only 54 Dems in the House voted for reauthorization of the Patriot Act. Talk to the hundreds of Republicans into stopping the Patriot Act.
The people who would be determined to stop this get maligned as "teabaggers" by freaks like you.

You've met the enemy, and he is ye.

Got any suggestions on how to do that?

I've already voted against him. Not much else I can do. You'all in all of your wisdom decided to re-elect him after all.

I wonder if Obama's crew researched every Bush program to see how they could use them to rape the constitution and still blame it on Bush.
They keep writing bills of over a thousand pages and hustling it through when they can so nobody will know what they're putting in them until it's too late.

I've already voted against him. Not much else I can do. You'all in all of your wisdom decided to re-elect him after all.

There ya go...nothing we can do. Suck it up. Shoulda made more noise back when it was written. Coulda used those "massive" Tea Bagger protests back then instead of over trying to get Americans Health Care...of course the insurance companies wouldn't bankroll those.

There ya go...nothing we can do. Suck it up. Shoulda made more noise back when it was written. Coulda used those "massive" Tea Bagger protests back then instead of over trying to get Americans Health Care...of course the insurance companies wouldn't bankroll those.

I've been warning you people since 2008 what this guy was like and you didn't listen.

Now you want to blame me.

That was predictable.

The people who would be determined to stop this get maligned as "teabaggers" by freaks like you.

What a load of shit.

Teabaggers never bitch about this.

Liberals oppose the Patriot Act......but we were not loud enough to drown out the bullshit machine and put a halt to it after 9-11.

The single factor that prompts any teabaggers to oppose it now is the fact that the dude in charge is not the one they want. You know it. Stop lying.

Truth

All of you good sheeple.. whether under that IDIOT Bush or this new IDIOT Obama.. He's on your side of the aisle, so what the hell.. just support him even if he rapes you of freedoms. When IDEOLOGUES finally wake up to the fact that BOTH parties are corrupt to their core, perhaps we will see our Union restored but I won't hold my fucking breath.

What a load of shit.

Liberals oppose the Patriot Act......but we were not loud enough to drown out the bullshit machine and put a halt to it after 9-11.

The single factor that prompts any teabaggers to oppose it now is the fact that the dude in charge is not the one they want. You know it. Stop lying.
Bullshit liberoidals oppose USAPATRIOT Act....It passed the original Senate vote 98-1.

Your Dear Leader spouted out a litany of excuses for why he was not only keeping it in place, but also gave us the excuse-a-thon when he signed NDAA.

The liar here is you, junior.

What a load of shit.

Bullshit liberoidals oppose USAPATRIOT Act....It passed the original Senate vote 98-1.

Your Dear Leader spouted out a litany of excuses for why he was not only keeping it in place, but also gave us the excuse-a-thon when he signed NDAA.

I don't have a "dear leader", asshole. President Obama is human, duly elected and not a liberal. Junior.

Try again.

What a load of shit.

I don't have a "dear leader", asshole. President Obama is human, duly elected and not a liberal. Junior.

Try again.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::cuckoo::stupid:

What a load of shit.

Try again.

Here is your new avie. You're welcome.

$lonelaugher.JPG

Forum List

Back